Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Wrong is right this time

Unhappy Florence Crane Closing... :(

Most of you already know about this I'm sure especially if you have a loved one there, but I'm kind of freaking out because this will be my first "move" of the relationship. Not knowing when he'll be moved or where he's going breaks my heart! And it really makes me anxious and nervous!

I visited Florence Crane for the first time 2 weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it. I would hate for my boyfriend to be moved to a prison in a bigger city or one where I don't feel the kind of "community" they had in Coldwater.

Does anyone else just adore Coldwater? I loved it.

Before I knew about the closing of the prison, I had already started planning my next trip (where I'd stay, eat, shop...etc). Wishful thinking I guess.

In the meantime, should I stop writing my boyfriend just in case he's moved? And how long will it take until I know where he is when he is finally moved?

Here's an article about the big move starting last week!

http://www.thedailyreporter.com/news...y-in-Coldwater

Boy I'm calling dibs on your lips, on your kiss, on your time
Boy I'm calling dibs on your hands, on your heart all mine

Last edited by limit2love; 04-05-2011 at 06:53 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysgrl View Post
Most of you already know about this I'm sure especially if you have a loved one there, but I'm kind of freaking out because this will be my first "move" of the relationship. Not knowing when he'll be moved or where he's going breaks my heart! And it really makes me anxious and nervous!

I visited Florence Crane for the first time 2 weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it. I would hate for my boyfriend to be moved to a prison in a bigger city or one where I don't feel the kind of "community" they had in Coldwater.

Does anyone else just adore Coldwater? I loved it.

Before I knew about the closing of the prison, I had already started planning my next trip (where I'd stay, eat, shop...etc). Wishful thinking I guess.

In the meantime, should I stop writing my boyfriend just in case he's moved? And how long will it take until I know where he is when he is finally moved?

Here's an article about the big move starting last week!

http://www.thedailyreporter.com/news...y-in-Coldwater
His mail will follow him so go ahead and write. I don't know anything about Coldwater but I am sorry your plans are being disrupted. I hope you can find something to like about where ever they send him next.

RA
limit2love (04-12-2011)
Old 04-09-2011, 07:55 PM

Yes, the Coldwater facilities are the best in MDOC, IMO. They have a great Warden there and that is the reason. She is a humanitarian. It is sad to see they closed the camp there and now are closing Florence Crane. Hope he goes somewhere not too bad. He might be able to call you when they tell him to pack up and tell you that part. Then you will be able to check on OTIS which is updated once a day usually between 6 and 7 am. Don't panic if you don't see him right away because it could take a day or two because he might sit around until the nxt morning waiting to go and then he may not get to where he is going until the next day. Some rideouts take a 15 hour ride because they sometimes go all over the state picking up and dropping off. Let us know if you hear he is rerady to go and we can tell you what you can do to check his status.
The Following User Says Thank You to HOPE4FUTURE For This Useful Post:
limit2love (04-12-2011)
Old 04-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Wrong is right this time

Thank you both!

As of my knowledge, the haven't moved him yet. He hasn't called me though...weird. It doesn't really help me in the "freaking out" department"...

Thanks again!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Wrong is right this time

UPDATE! I just checked OTIS:

He was finally moved! I can breathe again.

They just moved him to Lakeland...hahaha. At least I still get to go to Coldwater! I quite enjoy that town.