Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Nevada.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Default That fishbowl Carson City :)

Ok finance should be on way from CC jail to the fabulous Fishtank like today or tomorrow or Friday, Now I know its like about 28 days, and some is in 7A and some in 7B, assuming the A comes first, and can probabbly find the address to that on my own here, but questions are,
I know they get letters but cant buy stamps to mail letters back, which is stupid..lol but anyways, I will be sending him one a day , just to keep his spirits up but what if I dont have his little Id number yet? I have his from Jail but the fishtank one will be different.., how do I find that, can I find that? or can I send it without it? Also I know he wont be able to call alot from fishworld because they only get a hour to shower and make calls and everyone wants to call during that hour..lol and thats fine, I am expecting that, but since we dont know where he is going post fishtank, how do I know where to get a vistors ap for? Is it just one ap state wide? or do I need to know which prision he is going too before filling it out? I would like to get that in asap, is why I was gonna prefill it out and get it sent in, but it could still be a few weeks till we know where he is gonna go for sure, And I am done guessing, every time we have assumed something we have been totally wrong this time, its been stupid..lmao seriously, we have been wrong wrong wrong on everything , we were guessing maybe Stewart camp, but now we both admit we apparently have no idea about anything anymore or how it all works now, so were done trying to preguess things totally..lol
But I dunno maybe for fun, if anyone feels they can guess here

He is doing 4-10 , (thought it was gonna be 2-5 but that took a bad turn with the judge yesterday) for 2nd felony Dui
7 years ago when he was 19, he hurt a lady in a dui accident, he did 2 years at Stewart, and was on parole for a year, completed it, did fine at stewart, did fire camp and loved it

then about ohh a year ago almost exactly he was out and about walking late at night and got in trouble for a pot pipe, got a years probation and was on that probation when he was pulled over in feb, for driving witout a liscense, speeding, really speeding , really stupid speeding that got him reckless driving and driving under the influence and probation violation for drinking, which all came out as a felony dui,

so there is his record .any guesses on which prison, He in his head keeps thinking hes gonna apply for hardship and get to stay here in Carson, where were from, and do more time at Stewart but being this a reoffense felony dui with a longer sentence, I just dont know, then a guard I am friends with personaly told me they are sending alot of the felony dui's especially 2nd offenses to Vegas for a special dui program, I cant find anything about that so far , but he says that they are making ppl do a year down there, like I said so far other then him being a prison guard himself and telling me this I cant find any actual information on this so I am not sure what to guess at at this point..

anyone have anything to add to my guessing game? LOL
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 11:28 AM

Default whoops

my computer went nuts, how the heck do I delete the extra duplicate posts?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Waiting for James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvanagurl View Post
Ok finance should be on way from CC jail to the fabulous Fishtank like today or tomorrow or Friday, Now I know its like about 28 days, and some is in 7A and some in 7B, assuming the A comes first, and can probabbly find the address to that on my own here, but questions are, The address is the same as NNCC- PO Box 7000 CC 89701
I know they get letters but cant buy stamps to mail letters back, which is stupid..lol but anyways, I will be sending him one a day , just to keep his spirits up but what if I dont have his little Id number yet? I have his from Jail but the fishtank one will be different.., how do I find that, can I find that? You have to have his back number to send mail- wait until he is transfered to NNCC then look him up on the NDOC website, his number will be there. or can I send it without it? Also I know he wont be able to call alot from fishworld because they only get a hour to shower and make calls and everyone wants to call during that hour.My husband was able to call everyother day for a few miniutes. Make sure you set up an account with ICSolutions, they handle the phones for the prisons..lol and thats fine, I am expecting that, but since we dont know where he is going post fishtank, how do I know where to get a vistors ap for? Is it just one ap state wide? The visiting apps are state wide, I heard the one from the website is no longer working so you may need to wait for him to send you one. It took me over 3 months to get approved but I have heard that it's much faster now. or do I need to know which prision he is going too before filling it out? I would like to get that in asap, is why I was gonna prefill it out and get it sent in, but it could still be a few weeks till we know where he is gonna go for sure, And I am done guessing, every time we have assumed something we have been totally wrong this time, its been stupid..lmao seriously, we have been wrong wrong wrong on everything , we were guessing maybe Stewart camp, but now we both admit we apparently have no idea about anything anymore or how it all works now, so were done trying to preguess things totally..lol
But I dunno maybe for fun, if anyone feels they can guess here He may go back to Stewart, I know of someone who's in for the same thing and he's back at Stewart.

He is doing 4-10 , (thought it was gonna be 2-5 but that took a bad turn with the judge yesterday) for 2nd felony Dui
7 years ago when he was 19, he hurt a lady in a dui accident, he did 2 years at Stewart, and was on parole for a year, completed it, did fine at stewart, did fire camp and loved it

then about ohh a year ago almost exactly he was out and about walking late at night and got in trouble for a pot pipe, got a years probation and was on that probation when he was pulled over in feb, for driving witout a liscense, speeding, really speeding , really stupid speeding that got him reckless driving and driving under the influence and probation violation for drinking, which all came out as a felony dui,

so there is his record .any guesses on which prison, He in his head keeps thinking hes gonna apply for hardship and get to stay here in Carson, where were from, and do more time at Stewart but being this a reoffense felony dui with a longer sentence, I just dont know, then a guard I am friends with personaly told me they are sending alot of the felony dui's especially 2nd offenses to Vegas for a special dui program, I cant find anything about that so far , but he says that they are making ppl do a year down there, like I said so far other then him being a prison guard himself and telling me this I cant find any actual information on this so I am not sure what to guess at at this point..I have not hears anything about this, my husband is in the Oasis program. It's a drug and alcohol treatment program at NNCC. Maybe he can get in there, its a yearlong program and I think it's wonderful. It's been very good for my husband.

anyone have anything to add to my guessing game? LOL
Hope this helps! Good luck to you both

Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Waiting for James

Just had another thought....If he was in before he may have the same back number. Check the NDOC website and see. You can also email Rhonda Larsen in family services and ask her if the back number is the same. Then you can send him mail right away!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Waiting for James

Just had another thought....if he was in before his back number may be the same as it was then. You can check the NDOC website and email Rhonda Larsen in family services and ask.
Just an idea

Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
in Nevada's Dept of HELL

I know they get letters but cant buy stamps to mail letters back? - Yes they can buy stamps and things from the store there. You will need to put money on his account, or if he has money from the jail that will follow him. It will take a few days for it go onto his books. You can send money with Jpay. Just go to jpay.com to set up an account. You can also send letters through Jpay and you buy stamps from their service for this. They seem to get these letters a lot faster.

How do I find his inmate number?
- You go to the Offender Search on the NDOC website and put in the information and that will give his number. It will take a few hours for it to show up. They update the site every night after mid-night. You can find the Offender Search here. When you send mail this inmate number has to on the letter. If not it will be returned.

Where do I get a visitors app?
You use to be to print it from the NDOC website but I can't find it any longer. You can write to him, and have him send you one. As soon as he gets there he can get this form from visiting. He has to kite (send a request) to visiting for them to send you the application. Once he does that send it back ASAP. It has been taking some time for them to be approved. However, I have heard they are stopping the background checks because of cost. If this is the case then it will only take a little while.

Is it one app statewide? Yes if he is moved to another prison the application will follow you and you can visit and any prison he goes to without getting approved again.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:53 PM

Thank you to all who responded and I am so sorry about the multiple posts, still havent figured out how to get rid of them just yet! But thank you so much! Would be lost without yall!

He ended up calling a few times since and we got all our little stuff figured out and I got a better handle on whats going on, and yes he said his number should be the same as last time, he thought he was gonna go yesterday but hes still in the jail, he should go monday now. Were pretty sure..lol

And I will try to get through the next 3 weeks without multiple freaking out posts LOL Thanks for your answers and patience
Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Hes still swearing he cant buy stamps at the fishtank though..lol I think he just dont like to write is what it is.. He has money trust me although I will say a long time ago I dated a guy who ended up in lovelock but of course did the fishtank here in carson first, before transfering out , and he swore he couldnt write till he was out of the fishtank too, maybe they are just too depressed in there to write and use the stamp thing as a excuse..lol

maybe they just dont want to write me..I would not be surprized..lol

Sorry honey in the fishtank we only get one hour to shower and call so I wont be calling much and oh dam yah during those 3 weeks we cant buy supplies to mail either..so basically I am taking a break from you for 3 weeks..Yup I can them doing it..for sure lol
Old 05-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Oh and just to update, he played the guessing game with people around him at the jail still too and everyone there is saying he should go back to Stewart too, so now hes all excited about maybe doing fire camp again, he really loved it the first time he did it.
So I am excited for him, as long he stays safe anyways.

I wish he could do fire fighting stuff when he is out on the streets and not just in prison, I sometimes think he liked it so much thats why he went back..cuz there wasnt alot of work out here to do when he was out, but he goes to prison and boom he gets to be a fire fighter..

theres just something wrong with that..they should help them keep those kind of jobs on the outside then or something..