Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:40 AM

Default Early kick?

Hey I have some questions I'm new to this whole prison thing. I got off the phone with my hubby last night and he was saying there are some rumors that people who have halftime at 50% are only doing 30 to 35% of the time has anyone experienced this Or heard of this? He's down for about 21 months but if the 30 to 35% thing is true he be out in a year to 18 months which would be fantastic but I'm not counting on it....any thing or feedback would be helpful thanks. He is currently at the North County correctional facility waiting transfer I'm also wondering where he's going to be transferred to and I'm praying it's not out-of-state thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Crusader for Justice

Because of the lawsuit regarding medical and mental health care for state prison inmates, a court order was issued on February 10th that mandated some earlier releases. One part of the order was to give minimum custody inmates sentenced to serve 50% ("half time") 2 for 1 credits (35%, just like most inmates who go to fire camp), but those credits have not yet been implemented. Since May, some non-violent 2nd strike offenders sentenced to 80% have gotten their time reduced to 66.7% (another part of the order), and there is a new parole process starting for 2nd strikers as well, but those are the only early kicks being given so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustInLove2013 For This Useful Post:
StubbornsWife88 (06-06-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 12:02 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustInLove2013 View Post
Because of the lawsuit regarding medical and mental health care for state prison inmates, a court order was issued on February 10th that mandated some earlier releases. One part of the order was to give minimum custody inmates sentenced to serve 50% ("half time") 2 for 1 credits (35%, just like most inmates who go to fire camp), but those credits have not yet been implemented. Since May, some non-violent 2nd strike offenders sentenced to 80% have gotten their time reduced to 66.7% (another part of the order), and there is a new parole process starting for 2nd strikers as well, but those are the only early kicks being given so far.
Thank you so much for that information. He is a two striker but he was really lucky because the judge decided to strike his 2 strikes for the purpose of sentencing and the purpose of time served which made him eligible for half time on this term. Do you know when they are going to be starting to implement the 2 for one credits on half time non violent sentences? His is a drug charge so I think he may be eligible for that. It gives me hope and this is all new for me so thank you so much for taking the time justinlove2013. I feel more at ease when I know a little bit about what's going on
Old 06-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Crusader for Justice

At this time there's no telling when they will start offering those new credits to minimums doing half time. CDCR has a court ordered deadline on June 30th to meet a specific population number, but they are claiming they already have, which means they will likely try to resist offering any further credits, but hopefully the court will step in and insist they follow all of the order. So far over the last four months since 2/10/14, they have not done so. There's talk that could change some time after that end of June deadline, but it's anyone's guess. Unfortunately it won't likely be enforced in time to help my man get out any earlier (he's minimum custody, level 1, serving 50% of 16 months and he's already been in for seven months--his release date is July 7th, another month away, giving him the full 8 months to serve). Hopefully you have better luck than we've had!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
At this time there's no telling when they will start offering those new credits to minimums doing half time. CDCR has a court ordered deadline on June 30th to meet a specific population number, but they are claiming they already have, which means they will likely try to resist offering any further credits, but hopefully the court will step in and insist they follow all of the order. So far over the last four months since 2/10/14, they have not done so. There's talk that could change some time after that end of June deadline, but it's anyone's guess. Unfortunately it won't likely be enforced in time to help my man get out any earlier (he's minimum custody, level 1, serving 50% of 16 months and he's already been in for seven months--his release date is July 7th, another month away, giving him the full 8 months to serve). Hopefully you have better luck than we've had!
Thank u i hope we have better luck to but I doubt it because he was a level 4 the last time he went in and the only thing that is going for him is that it isn't a violent offense that brought him back. But from what I'm understanding you have to be a level 1 to be eligible am i correct? And your points follow you through the system to right? I don't know im all new to this and it's a bit confusing thank you for your help and I'm so happy for you that your man is coming home in less than couple months I have another 20 months at the most but it's worth the wait
Old 06-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Crusader for Justice

I'm not sure, this is my first time dealing with this, so I learn as I go. Others know more than me.

Yes, to receive the credit (if given) to reduce time from 50% to 35%, they do have to be level 1. But I have no idea about points or levels following them. Like I said, I am brand new to this whole experience, just since March 27th.

I get to pick up my fiancee 4 short little weeks from Monday, and our wedding date is August 3rd.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure, this is my first time dealing with this, so I learn as I go. Others know more than me.

Yes, to receive the credit (if given) to reduce time from 50% to 35%, they do have to be level 1. But I have no idea about points or levels following them. Like I said, I am brand new to this whole experience, just since March 27th.

I get to pick up my fiancee 4 short little weeks from Monday, and our wedding date is August 3rd.
Ooo congrats yay! Hope your time goes by fast and I hope your wedding is everything you hoped for and more.