Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Parole, Probation, Pre-Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Parole, Probation, Pre-Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation, pre-release/treatment centers, or release in Missouri should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 PM

Default Pay Prison costs when you get out?

My husband is currently in Algoa and is set to come home in November. First time in. Probation violation-Wasn't able to pay his restitution like they wanted. We have always been told that if he was ever sentenced then the restitution would be no more. BUT since he has been in there (been there since April), we have discovered that Missouri passed a law a couple yrs ago that you still have to pay your restitution when you get released. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there a way to "appeal" it? Second question I have...He overheard a conversation the other day between an offender and a caseworker...something about signing a paper that the offender would pay prison costs? And if he didnt sign it could affect his out date? So my question is this, when he is released is he going to have a HUGE bill? Are they going to charge him for being in prison? There is so much about all this that I just do not understand. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2015, 05:21 AM

Thanked 11,108 Times in 6,008 Posts

WHO claimed he would no longer owe restitution? If it wasn't the judge, then it wasn't anyone who really mattered.

If the sentence and judgment contained a reference to restitution, then he owes it.