Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:48 PM

Default ? About transfer to permanent camp

I spoke with my husband last night while he was still at sfrc. We had a feeling he was gonna get transferred today, because this was going on his 3rd week at the reception center. So he told me if he did not call me at 5:30, that it is because they moved him. So around 5:45 today I called sfrc, and I asked the lady if my husband was still there or if he had been moved. She told me he was transferred to madison ci. The doc website still shows he is at sfrc, which I know that updates nightly I believe. When I checked on the vinelink website, it shows he is at rmc west....So I am guessing that is a stop and then he will be sent to madison ci??? Rmc west is basically the reception cntr up there right? He has not called me so I am guessing he can not use the phone right now.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2016, 01:32 PM

Yes, anytime they move an inmate between regions they always stop at the reception center for that region. I actually have a friend in Madison and heard it's not too bad.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:53 PM

Yea that is what I thought. I called up there this morning acting clueless and asked them if my husband was permanent here and the lady said no he was being transferred. She would not say where but I am pretty sure it is going to be madison since that is what sfrc told me he went...Do you know how long they usually stay at the reception center and can they use the phone there? We went through this before but it was like 10 yrs ago so hard to remember...A friend's husband was in Madison and she also said it was not so bad so that is good to hear.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:55 PM

It depends. Sometimes they just stay overnight but then I've seen it where they stay a week or so. The day they're moved their pin for the phone is shut off so he can't call but it will be back on by the next day.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedWifey View Post
It depends. Sometimes they just stay overnight but then I've seen it where they stay a week or so. The day they're moved their pin for the phone is shut off so he can't call but it will be back on by the next day.
Ok yea thanks. He just called me a bit ago and said the same thing.