Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-11-2019, 07:24 PM

Default How Long Does an Investigation Take?

My LO was picked up last night for investigation he’s in Florida. How long does this take and when can I find out what’s going on??? PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2019, 04:32 AM

Thanked 1,045 Times in 457 Posts

What did they pick him up for? Parole violation or new crime?
Old 11-12-2019, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,887 Times in 3,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
What did they pick him up for? Parole violation or new crime?
How long the investigation will take will depend on what he's being investigated for. Ms Sunny has good questions. Did they arrest him outright, or only pick him up to be held for investigation because he's on parole and they're checking into something?

All of this will play a role in how long it takes. We're happy to try to give you an idea, but I think we need more information before we can guess how long it will be.

I'm sorry you're going through this, it is terrifically stressful even if it's only a day or two.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 02:04 AM

One of the officers said she saw him talking on a cell phone she waited all day to say that because she was scared. Smh so at 5 am you saw him on the phone talking but you waited until before you came back that night to make sure you told someone that’s insane

Old 11-15-2019, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,887 Times in 3,462 Posts

Wow, okay. I'm guessing if he's at all intelligent, he'll be able to get out of this if that's all he was picked up for.

It will take a month or so, I'm guessing.

If you have any way of contacting him, here are the questions I would ask:

1. What was she afraid of? He was talking on a phone, not robbing a bank.
2. If she was afraid, why did she not call for backup?
3. Why did she wait all day before telling someone, and not notify someone immediately?

I'm assuming this was a PO? If so, what was she doing at 5am watching him? PO's generally only work 8 - 5. If it was a regular police officer, and was on duty at 5am, why did she not say something before her shift was over?

These are the questions I would be using in my own defense if I was under investigation.

And that is assuming it was actually HIM on the phone at 5am. If he wasn't on the phone at 5am, then there's a whole bunch of other questions, the first being "How can you specifically ID HIM at 5am in the dark?"

Typically, those investigations are allowed 30 days to resolve. His may go faster, but I'm going to guess it will not if only because if he asks the right questions, there will be a lot of back and forth.

Does he have an attorney with him?
Old 11-17-2019, 11:04 AM

He’s in prison I haven’t talked to him but I was told he will be back out in open population this week then he will be able to call and answer all my questions. They never found a cell phone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TerifikWifey For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-17-2019), GingerM (11-18-2019)