Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Ohio.

Old 01-20-2020, 11:10 AM
Old Fart Now

Angry Miami County Incarceration Facility in Troy

Hi everyone! When I first joined prison talk my daughter I was 11 years old and it's been awhile. She is an addict and is currently locked up in the Miami County incarceration facility. She just now called me to let me know that she got injured yesterday because there are water leaks everywhere and people keep on slipping and falling. Yesterday, it was her and she immediately looked around and there were no wet floor signs, but the co on duty quickly had someone put one there and started lying that it had been there. She got hurt so bad in her tailbone that she had tears streaming down her face but she didn't even get called to be seen by the nurse today, so I called the jail in the CO just said "she looks fine to me" and I told him that she just called me so he put me on hold and came back and just said that again and kept saying she is fine.
I told him that I do not think that my daughter will waste our precious call time on pranking me and if there is anyone else I could speak to and he just casually said nobody else is on duty so I told him that I would keep calling till someone else's there and when I asked him for his name he hesitated.
The conditions there are so bad that there's mold everywhere, but what really ticks me off is that she is being denied medical attention and they tried pushing Tylenol and ibuprofen on her that she is not able to take! They forfeited her right to a bottom bunk do to her endocarditis because she felt sorry for someone in bad shape and traded her bottom bunk with that person.
Who do I get in touch with? Obviously, the CO answering the phones does not give a s*** and I'm not getting anywhere! And trust me, I was very polite.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:00 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,482 Times in 16,820 Posts

Have you contacted the Sheriff? I would think he'd be your next point of contact. The phone numbers and the option to email can be found at: https://www.miamicountyohio.gov/908/Contact-Us

I don't know how much good it would do, but you could call the facility and ask for Medical. Maybe, just maybe whoever you speak with in medical can call your daughter to be seen. Has your daughter requested, in writing, to go to medical? If so, she could file a grievance.

I hope she's ok! Let us know how she's doing when you get a chance

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-20-2020, 10:46 PM
Old Fart Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Have you contacted the Sheriff? I would think he'd be your next point of contact. The phone numbers and the option to email can be found at: https://www.miamicountyohio.gov/908/Contact-Us

I don't know how much good it would do, but you could call the facility and ask for Medical. Maybe, just maybe whoever you speak with in medical can call your daughter to be seen. Has your daughter requested, in writing, to go to medical? If so, she could file a grievance.

I hope she's ok! Let us know how she's doing when you get a chance
Yes, of course I called the sheriff department in medical and I was just snubbed by the person on the phone that my daughter was fine and looks okay to them. even when I said that I doubt my daughter would waste our precious phone time on pranking me, I couldn't move them. So I left a voicemail with the health department and also emailed the sheriff but was it being a holiday I have yet to hear back.
patchouli (01-21-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 06:58 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,482 Times in 16,820 Posts

If Ohio is anything like Kentucky, the Health Department won't get involved with anything at the jail.

Have you heard from your daughter today?

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-23-2020, 04:56 PM
barefootgirl

I live here and from what i know the jail has been like that for years they dont care and wont do anything about it sadly