Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 01-22-2020, 11:56 AM

Default Maricopa Jail Sentence & Work Furlough Questions

Our LO recently got a 6 month sentence to Maricopa county. Say they were sentenced 1/16 and the projected release date on their inmate info page says 7/15/20. Are they likely to serve this full sentence or is Maricopa a place where they release inmates early due to overcrowding, etc.? (There is no indication of hard/soft/flat time in sentencing order, maybe that is just a DOC thing?)

LO called yesterday and said that they were approved for work furlough and ‘will be out in a few days’. This is not even a week after sentencing. This doesn’t seem believable as supposedly they needed to complete some addiction treatment first, but I don’t know the system well. Does this sound possible to anyone here?

Appreciate any thoughts from people who know the Maricopa County system better.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2020, 02:33 PM

I don't know much about any of that but googled the program and found:
https://superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/apd/work-furlough/
Seems like they can go to work but aren't actually 'free'.

-
What I do know is when my man was sentenced 6 months for a probation violation they let him out of county after 4 months and sent him to a rehab for 2 months.

So maybe your LO will be in the program until July. Unless he doesn't follow those rules.. Then I would assume he would be in county until July.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
CharliePHX (01-23-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
I don't know much about any of that but googled the program and found:

Seems like they can go to work but aren't actually 'free'.

-
What I do know is when my man was sentenced 6 months for a probation violation they let him out of county after 4 months and sent him to a rehab for 2 months.

So maybe your LO will be in the program until July. Unless he doesn't follow those rules.. Then I would assume he would be in county until July.
Thanks! I'd browsed that work furlough page a few times. Based on some of the stipulations of the program, I don't think they will be able to go back to work with their previous employer. Hope they have a plan.. But really we just hope they get the help they need and change their behavior for the better..

Really appreciate the report on how your mans 6 month sentence went.