Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 08:49 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,221 Times in 15,241 Posts
Default Bluegrass Cafe 2017 Chit Chat Thread

Hello & Welcome to the 2017 Bluegrass Cafe! I don't know about ya'll, but I'm glad to see 2016 go...and at the same time I have deep reservations about 2017 As we say, though, Hope for the Best & Expect the Worst

How as everyone's Christmas? I spent Christmas Eve with family...its always good to see everyone. We do lasagna every year, with garlic bread, garden salad and fruit salad plus various desserts. Yum Yum

mykygal, are you still out-of-town (Kansas)? Have you recovered completely? Did you get your
roof and kitchen ceiling repaired? How's your grandson?

sass, how was your Christmas? How's your kiddo? Is your arm 100% since your surgery?

jemison, we need pictures of Sug! Its been way too long since you posted pics How's John, Dana & Darion? You still working?

kywife2013, did your foot ever heal? Are you still at your parents' house? Keep your chin up...with the promotion & new car you know you can take care of yourself Have things settled down with your husband, is he doing ok (other than the separation).

Let's all try to have a peaceful year with nothing but good stuff Stay safe out there

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
mykygal (01-18-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2017, 11:36 PM

Sorry everyone! I didn't get around to posting and letting you all know I got back from my trip okay. It was awesome and loved the bonding time with my grandson. He is growing up so fast. He is 15 now, taller than me, his voice is deepening and I even spotted a little fine moustache hair. He is so amazing to me. He still loves grandma and gives me hugs, a kiss good night and tells me he loves me. Melts my heart. So respectful and tries to help me all he can. He is a typical teenager and can be a pain with his mom. She is good with him and keeps him in line.

I enjoyed time with my friends in Kansas City, too. We got together a few times and that is always great. I have promised my grandson that I would come visit some in the summer so we can have fun doing summer things. My KC friends decided we are going to go see Chicago and The Doobie Brothers in concert in June. Nine of us are going together. It will be so much fun for a bunch of "old hippies" to relive our youth at a concert. Now, I just have to come up with the money to go on. It was actually easier on me to fly rather than drive but feel I was a pain for my son to take me and pick me up from Louisville and to have someone take me to and from Wichita. No one wanted me to rent a car and they went out of their way to help me. I truly am blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

I hope everyone else had good holidays and are doing well. I won't address everyone individually tonight. It has been snowing like crazy out there and I have to get up in the morning and go to a doctor appointment. I know we aren't supposed to get more than 3 inches but we all know Mother Nature seems to do what she wants. I normally am more of a night owl, but am trying to become more of a day person. I personally don't think sleeping in is bad but most folks I know are "day" people.

Take care everyone and be safe in the weather. Toodles!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mykygal For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 07:50 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Hey mykygal Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Yeah, they grow up so fast, too fast....your grandson sounds like a very loving young man, I wish you could see him more often

Going to a Doobie Bros concert, huh!? I saw them a couple of times way back in the day Sounds like FUN I don't go to too many concerts anymore...the last one I went to was Bonnie Raitt and Keb Mo' a couple of years ago. The concert before that was Keb Mo' as well

I think I've got 5 of his CD's Love the man!! And Bonnie Rait ain't shabby either

Have a great time at the Doobie Bros concert!! And with your grandson this summer We'll have a ky g2g before you go Hopefully the end of February, weather permitting.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
mykygal (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:47 AM

Patch -

Thanks for the warm wishes on upcoming trips. I need to get this Uriah Heep t-shirt to you like I promised. Hopefully my forgetful self can remember to bring it. I need to put it in the car so I will have it when I come to the g2g. I haven't been to a concert in several years. Last ones were Uriah Heep in KC and Heart at the MO state fair. Too expensive for my budget but I figure the one coming up is a once in a lifetime deal for me.

My right knee replacement from last year is not doing well. The replacement is moving around too much and swelling a lot. I am waiting on insurance to approve a bone scan but no one seems to be in a hurry to do it although I have Medicare A & B plus a supplement. Wearing a brace for now. Have to wait to get the left knee replaced so I can have the other one stable.

Went to see my friend's nephew last weekend. Everyday life for him given his circumstances. Just trying to support him and my friend.

I hope you all are doing well! Happy Valentine's Day to all. Big hugs to all!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykygal For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-13-2017), sass4221 (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,697 Times in 2,862 Posts

Sorry I don't post much.

I saw the Doobie Brother Farewell Tour in 1982. Wow. So much for farewell's haha!! It was a pretty good show from what I remember.

Sorry to read about your knee not working out.

Come on Spring. The real Spring, not this Winter-one-day-Spring-the-next crap. Or at least more sunshine and no more gray.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Everything Falls Apart

Hello! It's been so long since I've been on here. Life has been so crazy the last few months.

My divorce is still pending because we don't know where my ex is to be able to serve him with the papers. He has been in and out of several rehabs and homeless shelters since we split up in August. During that time he also got pneumonia and spent some time in the hospital. His mom let him come live with them once he got out but of course he stole from his stepfather so that was short-lived. Right now we don't know where he is at. I guess eventually if he can't be located the judge will just sign off on the divorce without him.

My job has kept me super busy with the promotion that I took. I am traveling quite a bit between 3 of our hospitals.

Two years ago my mom had kidney cancer and during a routine CT last year they discovered 3 spots on her lungs. They have been watching these spots for the past year and they have gradually been getting bigger. We don't know if it's lung cancer or not because they have not been able to biopsy the spots. She goes on the 15th for the first of 3 high intensity radiation treatments at UK. After that they will wait a couple months and do another CT to see it the treatment was successful and if they need to do anything else.

My foot is doing great since my surgery last year. It was a long hard recovery but was one of the best things I've ever done.

I am still living at my parents at least until mom gets thru her treatments. Really I'm not in a hurry to move out! I have basically my own apartment in the basement and they are not nosy. I really am blessed with good parents. Living here I'm able to help them and save money myself.

Finally, on the bright side I met a new guy. It's nothing serious....Since I am still married technically and I don't want to jump into something serious. But he is probably one of the sweetest, nicest guys I've ever met. We've been dating for about a month. He actually brought me flowers on our first date! I didn't know guys still did that! He has restored my faith that there are still good men out there!!!

I hope everyone else is doing well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kywife2013 For This Useful Post:
mykygal (04-15-2017), patchouli (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 06:51 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Hi kywife2013 Glad you popped in with an update! I'm so sorry about the divorce, I know its a difficult path But it sounds like you're moving onward & upward Good for you!

Its scary to deal with the unknown concerning a parent's health...sending your Mom some positive energy that the
radiation treatments are able to remove the spots in her lungs. Please keep us posted about how she's doing.

Shoot, did you check the g2g thread It would be nice to meet you We're meeting today in Frankfort (see THIS thread). Come on down and have some lunch with us!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-31-2017, 03:48 PM
DANA'S HOME

H E L L O !!!!!!

Well I know ive been MIA for so long have tons n tons to tell...don't know where to start?? First of all How are you all? Ive miss so much!
Let me start off saying we all are doing ok alive n breathing cant ask for any more several things going on so ill just stay with that!
Pics Pics Patch.. I just order Sug's school pics so when they come in I will post...she now live with us full time here in Richmond and has been with us for some time. shes doing great. as you know that whole story is a long one.
John is doing fine they ended up taking the tip off his left hand ring finger due too a serve burn at Christmas and it had gotten infected and gangrene but he healed up good and is doing great.
Dana is doing awesome as well except for her knee problem she had a torn ACL they went in and supposedly fixed it but ended up putting it in upside down sooo now she has to have it redone this week coming up but she is also boxing and the world champion woman boxer is having Dana go to California in September to box with her!! so how exciting is that...so she has been doing nothing but training n training that's her life now ...needless to say that's why its so important to get her knee in shape before sept. but doc says he will have her all better n ready to go by then.
Darion is still at home n working n that's about it.
and me...oh me...that's another long story but NO patch not working anymore someone bought the co and shut down the sewing room so I was out of work just staying home now enjoying not working for a change and collecting unemployment..for the moment. after 38yrs straight we all thought I deserved a break!...lol

Hope n wish you are all well and in the best of health. Ill check in again soon My LOVE to yous all...<3 <3 <3
0612/e/parole&date/k/6u54/event.png[/img]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jemison2001 For This Useful Post:
mykygal (04-15-2017), patchouli (03-31-2017), sass4221 (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 04:05 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Hey jemison Hot damn its good to see you post! Yes, I want to see Sug's pictures How old is she now? 12? 13? Darion would be...oh gosh, mid 20's by now Ouch! Tell John I'm sorry about the loss of part of his finger So, Dana's boxing...man, I could never that. Never have been a fighter. Mouthy? Yep. But never a fighter....I have an aversion to getting hit in the head Sounds like we're both retired. Its not all its cracked up to be and I'll be looking for a part-time job in a little bit.

Don't be such a stranger Would love to see you all at the next g2g, hopefully early - mid May. If not then, it'll be the end of June Be sure to keep checking back, and checking in....looking forward to seeing Sug's pictures!!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-10-2017, 09:28 AM
DANA'S HOME

Howdy...How are ya"ll? We are all good...kinda...John had to have (2) stents and (2) balloons put in just last week he had 2 blockages...UGHHH...but hes doing better...not sure how long this was going on but hes been hurting bad in his legs but when his chest started is when we found this out....but hes doing much better ....now have to get real serious about his health.

I'm heading to Canada this month...leaving on the 18th...just sug and I...don't think its a good idea for John to go now with these serious heath problems...id be scared something might happen and he wouldn't be able to be treated up there. So kinda sad about that hate to leave him behind but Darions here to keep an eye on him as well. Going to see my grandbaby that's growing like a weed ...she ( Sydnee) just turned 6 so shes a big girl now and I miss her so.

Ill hop back on when we get back from vaca and let yous know how it went.

Love n Miss yous ALL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jemison2001 For This Useful Post:
mykygal (05-19-2017), patchouli (05-11-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 11:47 PM

Just checking in with you all. I won't go into it all - too much to say and don't trust email. My plans got cancelled to go to KS. My friends will be going to our concert without me. Family drama going on and now my son and grandson are staying with me along with granddaughter. I keep the little ones every weekend so they (son and his wife) can spend time together on the weekends. I have wore my self out and now down with bronchitis. I wear many hats so to speak - taxi, babysitter, cook, among others. I have to be supportive of my son - he really is a great son. My heart breaks for him and the little ones. What a mess. I hope the powers that be, will make a decision soon. I am physically, emotionally and financially drained

How about all of you wonderful people? Hoping all is well in your neck of the woods. I have been working on my flower bed. Added lilies and something called cat scat which is supposed to keep cats from using my flower bed for as a litter box. I also have 2 tomato plants. If I can't go on my trip, I will work with my flowers.

Do any of you all have any summer projects going on?

I need to scoot my butt to bed but I wish you all a happy summer. Try to enjoy your summer!! Miss you all!

Tootles!
Old 08-01-2017, 02:34 AM

Hello to the empty forum. I can't gripe because I don't post very often either. Family crisis is over and everyone is back where they belong. I thought it would never end but all is well here in my part of KY.

I took my trip and went to KS & MO. Loved seeing my grandson and my friends there. My friends went to see Chicago and the Doobie Brothers in KC, MO. It was awesome. Amazed that a bunch of guys my age and older are still are rocking it!

I have had some medical things going on but the cardiologist has cleared by for surgery. I am having a total knee (left) on 8/17/17. I am sure it will go okay. I want to be able to get out and about more easily so I can lose more weight!

What all is going on in your lives? Only good things, I hope.

I am going to try to go to sleep. Missing you all!!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:30 PM
Donation Award 

Lightbulb

Oh and that's awesome about Chicago and Doobie Brothers I love them!!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Donation Award 

Hey everyone! How are you all?

Mykygal: I will send you positive thoughts tomorrow! I hope you have a smooth recovery. That's great about your trip!

I have been super busy! With work and school and my daughter and I've been volunteering at a few animal places which has kept me really busy. Keith and I are doing well. Our 1 year anniversary is Monday. Next month I can finally send in my visiting form ��

I'll try to check in soon!
Old 08-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Donation Award 

Mykygal: how did surgery go?

I'm sill busy busy! I talked to my penpal Robert today. He was recently moved to Pennsylvania. He's a Vermont inmate and when you have a lot of time they ship you as a group to out of state leased prisons.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:04 PM

Writingtorobert - Thank you for the pleasant thoughts for my surgery. It did go well. I was discharged to home with a friend 2 days post op with home health services. I stayed there until this past Friday when I came home by myself. Doctor took dressing off and declared that my wound looked well and said I can go home. My friend I stayed with has been a RN for nearly 40 years so was in good hands. At least, no nursing home stay for rehab. I am doing well - better than the first one I had done 1 1/2 years ago. I hope all is going well for you.

Where is everyone else? Sass? Pachouli? Jemison? I hope you all are doing okay. Been thinking about you all! Anyone going to Court Days in Mount Sterling? I am sure Jemison will be there!

I will check in later on to see if any of you all are still around!!
Old 09-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Oh mykygal, I'm so glad this surgery turned out so much better than the first!! Thank goodness you were in good hands this time too!

I haven't thought about Court Days in a while. As of April, I've been working 2 jobs. My usual state job and part time at a pizza place. I love it. Not only for the paycheck, but it's getting me out of the house in the evenings, I'm making subs and salads so that makes me feel good since I love to cook and it's only me here for now. The people there are pretty kind too. So that's what's keeping me busy. 2 jobs.

Otherwise, life is the same old, same old here.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:47 AM

The prodigal Bluegrass gal is back again. It seems like I am always so far behind about checking on here. Oh well, somethings never change! I am doing well. The home health staff say I am doing amazingly well. I think I am too. Still with a lot of pain but the knee will take a little time. I am going to ask PT if I can start training on my can rather than the walker.

Sass - I know what you mean about the 2nd job. While my hubby was in I worked full time job and 2 part time. I sure didn't have much time to be lonely. I pretty much always worked at least 50-60 hours a week. Now I am enjoying being retired but that doesn't pay well. I have started a skin care business for Rodan+Fields. I can do it pretty much online though I am supposed to do some face to face time with clients. I am not really putting much time into it. If I intend to make any money, I need to put more effort into it. It should keep me busy.

Patch and writing to Robert - I hope you both are doing well. Have you found a part time job yet?

Jemison - I hope your trip went well and that John is getting better. I don't know if I will make it to Court Days this year. I can't walk very far yet. I would love to find a scooter and go. Wouldn't that be a sight?!

It sure seems like we all busy with lots of stuff going on in our lives. At least we aren't bored.

I need to try to get some sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow (actually today). The home health nurse and PT will be here. At least, I have someone coming to see me. I hope you all are doing well and are happy and healthy!!
Old 10-02-2017, 12:30 PM
DANA'S HOME

hello

ok I'm LOST!!!! thought yous were doing a month to month post???

its Oct and this is still sept? Just wondering I'm sure everyone is busy

not going to post a lot until I see this the right place...Let me know!!!

Love ya's
Old 10-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, this is the right place. Hardly any posts anymore so we just keep this one open and running.

So, whatcha up to?
Old 11-22-2017, 07:03 PM

Hello Bluegrass friends! Thinking of you all and want to wish you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings to all!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykygal For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-22-2017), sass4221 (11-22-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 07:43 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykygal View Post
Hello Bluegrass friends! Thinking of you all and want to wish you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings to all!
Hi mykygal I was thinking about you, jemison & others earlier today I told myself, I said "Self. Ya gotta post in the Bluegrass Cafe today ...and ya gotta do it before any one else posts."
Where is everyone going for Thanksgiving? As usual, I'll be going to Mom's. We've ordered Cracker Barrel for the days festivities I think this is the 3rd year we've done that...its just so much easier on everyone We'll pick it up, take it home and pig-out! LOL

If traveling, drive careful & be safe. Enjoy your loved ones, your friends, your animals, whoever you're spending time with tomorrow

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
mykygal (12-15-2017), sass4221 (11-22-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 07:08 PM

Pachouli - Glad to hear from you! Cracker Barrel is always good. I have to travel about 35 miles to get it but would be worth a try. I met a couple of friends there after a doc appointment Tuesday! I really don't think I would get tired of it.

Sass - I haven't heard anything from you lately. Hope you and family are doing okay.

Jemison - Hoping you and family are well.

WritingtoRobert - Are you doing okay?

Anyone else browsing? Feel free to drop in. Hopefully we can get a get together going soon. I miss all of you ladies! And of course, any gents stopping by. You are welcome to drop by, too!
Old 12-15-2017, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

I'm here! Just incredibly busy working 2 jobs and trying to keep my head on straight. No news to report, sorry, just same old same old.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:28 AM
DANA'S HOME

Happy New Year Everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to jemison2001 For This Useful Post:
mykygal (01-15-2018)
Closed Thread