Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
patiently waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by laKrazy_07 View Post
how can iget his counselours #.? he has to give it to me or what?cause ineed to ask her his release date and ihavent herd from him in a wholee month so not him and he hasnt replied to my letter from 1n a half month ago! >.< hes in nkvsp in delano,ca if anyone has the # can u please let me have it.
-thanks in advance

.Free my babee manueL<3'
call the prison and talk to the operator to direct u to his counselor. most likely they will give you the month and year at most. but if u stay persistent and say you need it for a pick up or tell them the issue with the mail anything to preety much create a sob story they might give you the day too. and tell them you two are married they have no way to prove if you are or not. trust when my hubby was released last term i did the exact thing and i got the month day and year. so good luck!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 05:02 PM

thank you all ifinally called and got a answer machine as one of u said but left a voicemail for them to call me back..thanks again (:

.Free my babee manueL<3'
Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 AM
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER

I hope they call u back .. some dont call back.. & for the release date i remember that if u talk to records they'll tell u his early and max release date they wont give u the exact day .. also its either kvsp (kern valley state prison) or nksp (north kern state prison) they areb2 different places but they are across the street from eachother.. if hes in reception hes in NKSP :-)
Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam618
I hope they call u back .. some dont call back.. & for the release date i remember that if u talk to records they'll tell u his early and max release date they wont give u the exact day .. also its either kvsp (kern valley state prison) or nksp (north kern state prison) they areb2 different places but they are across the street from eachother.. if hes in reception hes in NKSP :-)
they did today igot his release date already.and yea iknow there are 2 the kvsp and Nkvsp thanks though for giving me heads up if ididnt know(: he has 3yrs to go. seems like alot but ive already waited 3 so the nx 3shudd be a piece a cake.right.?lol.not really..

*(-Missing someone is part of loving them if you're never apart apart then you'll never understand how strong your love really is-)*
Old 03-09-2012, 02:17 AM
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by laKrazy_07 View Post
they did today igot his release date already.and yea iknow there are 2 the kvsp and Nkvsp thanks though for giving me heads up if ididnt know(: he has 3yrs to go. seems like alot but ive already waited 3 so the nx 3shudd be a piece a cake.right.?lol.not really..

*(-Missing someone is part of loving them if you're never apart apart then you'll never understand how strong your love really is-)*

cool.. well girl get yourself ready in these next 3 years.. cause once he's out it changes things.. for the better though lol.. i still got a few more years to go but got my fingers crossed for this appeal to go through & get that cut shorter or even better he comes home!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
mike❤gina

Exclamation Please help!!!!

i am trying to send my man his dress outs and since he has been in reception the whole time we have only been able to communicate by letter and it seems like mail is taking forever. if you can give me any answers at all i would be sooooo grateful!

1. do i send them to his regular address?
2. do i need to write anything other than his info & "dress outs" on the box?
3. do i take the tags off the clothes?
4. is there a specific size the box should be smaller than? (hope that makes sense)
5. is there anything that is unacceptable to send? (like a hat maybe? right now i have a shirt, a pair of levi's, a pair of socks, a wife beater, boxers, shoes, a belt and buckle.)
6. oh and i just brought home a cardboard box from work, is that ok?

i know these may sound like stupid questions but i really have no idea! and i feel like i can't wait any longer for a response from him. PLEASE HELP! thanks again!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 PM

Try calling the prison and ask for R&R and they should be able to answer your questions ... hope it helps
Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

I've never sent dress outs to Kern but they are all the same. The box should be 12x12x12 or smaller. You can send everything you listed except for the hat (boxers, socks, wife beater, jeans, shirt, belt). You put his addy and write dress outs all over the box big!! I would call R and R to make sure. I've sent dress outs to 3 different prisons and the only one that wanted a form on top of it was Centinela. Good luck. I sent mine 2 weeks ago! Oh, and send it 30 days before he's released
Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
patiently waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegina View Post
i am trying to send my man his dress outs and since he has been in reception the whole time we have only been able to communicate by letter and it seems like mail is taking forever. if you can give me any answers at all i would be sooooo grateful!

1. do i send them to his regular address?
2. do i need to write anything other than his info & "dress outs" on the box?
3. do i take the tags off the clothes?
4. is there a specific size the box should be smaller than? (hope that makes sense)
5. is there anything that is unacceptable to send? (like a hat maybe? right now i have a shirt, a pair of levi's, a pair of socks, a wife beater, boxers, shoes, a belt and buckle.)
6. oh and i just brought home a cardboard box from work, is that ok?

i know these may sound like stupid questions but i really have no idea! and i feel like i can't wait any longer for a response from him. PLEASE HELP! thanks again!
When i did my hubby's dresout i used the base rate box from the post office cause it is cheaper than using your own box. everything you got so far is good. Yes take off the tags. i wouldnt recommend sending a hat because it might get smashed in the box as it makes its way to him. make sure when you send it you write dressout all over it on every side of the box in big writing. i dont know the address to sent the box to when someone is paroling from nksp. call R&R at the nksp. jus call nksp forward to the operator and ask for R&R they will give you the address to where to send the dressout. thats pretty much it. and make sure to get a receipt from the post office so you know about when it will be delivered. good luck! and congrats on your homecoming!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 PM

Exclamation Regarding the release procedure at North Kern State Prison?

Hey, my boyfriend's out in 16 days from NKSP and my best friend and I are going to pick him up, but I have no clue as to what to do or expect, anyone know the time I need to be there, what to expect when I get there, where do I pick him up, what is needed? Help please I'm happy, nervous, excited, scared! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

Have you checked the NKSP forum? They should have a thread regarding release procedures.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:59 AM

Exclamation Question regarding how released inmates get home?

Hello

My boyfriend gets out from NKSP tomorrow, & I can't pick him up anymore, he says the greyhound will take him back to L.A. but I heard elsewhere that it's not true...does the greyhound take him back to los angeles? I want to meet up with him at the station but I'll be upset if he's not there :/ any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned

I don't have an answer for you but I wanted to say HURRAY for you guys for him getting out
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM

Default Release date

My husband just told me his out date is jan 7,2013 but says if he passes some casas test he could get 2 weeks off which would be dec 24.. How do i know when he will get released? If i call the prison what number do i call? And will they tell me his out date? Thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Banned

He should be able to call. I know they want him picked up asap after he's out.They don't want him hanging out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki0520 View Post
My husband just told me his out date is jan 7,2013 but says if he passes some casas test he could get 2 weeks off which would be dec 24.. How do i know when he will get released? If i call the prison what number do i call? And will they tell me his out date? Thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,204 Posts

Actually they cannot call until they get to the greyhound station. If there is no one there to pick them up they will be taken to the greyhound ticket & watched to make sure the get on the bus.

Closed Thread