Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
jess11 jess11 is offline
patiently waiting
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: cali
Posts: 249
Thanks: 29
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laKrazy_07 View Post
how can iget his counselours #.? he has to give it to me or what?cause ineed to ask her his release date and ihavent herd from him in a wholee month so not him and he hasnt replied to my letter from 1n a half month ago! >.< hes in nkvsp in delano,ca if anyone has the # can u please let me have it.
-thanks in advance

.Free my babee manueL<3'
call the prison and talk to the operator to direct u to his counselor. most likely they will give you the month and year at most. but if u stay persistent and say you need it for a pick up or tell them the issue with the mail anything to preety much create a sob story they might give you the day too. and tell them you two are married they have no way to prove if you are or not. trust when my hubby was released last term i did the exact thing and i got the month day and year. so good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 03-07-2012, 05:02 PM
laKrazy_07's Avatar
laKrazy_07 laKrazy_07 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: los Angeles california
Posts: 114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

thank you all ifinally called and got a answer machine as one of u said but left a voicemail for them to call me back..thanks again (:

.Free my babee manueL<3'
  #53  
Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 AM
bambam618 bambam618 is offline
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: WHERE EVER HiS HEART iS : )
Posts: 959
Thanks: 64
Thanked 96 Times in 83 Posts
Default

I hope they call u back .. some dont call back.. & for the release date i remember that if u talk to records they'll tell u his early and max release date they wont give u the exact day .. also its either kvsp (kern valley state prison) or nksp (north kern state prison) they areb2 different places but they are across the street from eachother.. if hes in reception hes in NKSP :-)
__________________
MRS.DiZZY
  #54  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 AM
laKrazy_07's Avatar
laKrazy_07 laKrazy_07 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: los Angeles california
Posts: 114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam618
I hope they call u back .. some dont call back.. & for the release date i remember that if u talk to records they'll tell u his early and max release date they wont give u the exact day .. also its either kvsp (kern valley state prison) or nksp (north kern state prison) they areb2 different places but they are across the street from eachother.. if hes in reception hes in NKSP :-)
they did today igot his release date already.and yea iknow there are 2 the kvsp and Nkvsp thanks though for giving me heads up if ididnt know(: he has 3yrs to go. seems like alot but ive already waited 3 so the nx 3shudd be a piece a cake.right.?lol.not really..

*(-Missing someone is part of loving them if you're never apart apart then you'll never understand how strong your love really is-)*
  #55  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:17 AM
bambam618 bambam618 is offline
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: WHERE EVER HiS HEART iS : )
Posts: 959
Thanks: 64
Thanked 96 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laKrazy_07 View Post
they did today igot his release date already.and yea iknow there are 2 the kvsp and Nkvsp thanks though for giving me heads up if ididnt know(: he has 3yrs to go. seems like alot but ive already waited 3 so the nx 3shudd be a piece a cake.right.?lol.not really..

*(-Missing someone is part of loving them if you're never apart apart then you'll never understand how strong your love really is-)*

cool.. well girl get yourself ready in these next 3 years.. cause once he's out it changes things.. for the better though lol.. i still got a few more years to go but got my fingers crossed for this appeal to go through & get that cut shorter or even better he comes home!
__________________
MRS.DiZZY
  #56  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
mikegina's Avatar
mikegina mikegina is offline
mike❤gina
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Posts: 31
Thanks: 18
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Exclamation Please help!!!!

i am trying to send my man his dress outs and since he has been in reception the whole time we have only been able to communicate by letter and it seems like mail is taking forever. if you can give me any answers at all i would be sooooo grateful!

1. do i send them to his regular address?
2. do i need to write anything other than his info & "dress outs" on the box?
3. do i take the tags off the clothes?
4. is there a specific size the box should be smaller than? (hope that makes sense)
5. is there anything that is unacceptable to send? (like a hat maybe? right now i have a shirt, a pair of levi's, a pair of socks, a wife beater, boxers, shoes, a belt and buckle.)
6. oh and i just brought home a cardboard box from work, is that ok?

i know these may sound like stupid questions but i really have no idea! and i feel like i can't wait any longer for a response from him. PLEASE HELP! thanks again!
__________________
where ever he's at, he always has my heart...
  #57  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 PM
buggin2003_85 buggin2003_85 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ca USA
Posts: 72
Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Try calling the prison and ask for R&R and they should be able to answer your questions ... hope it helps
__________________
  #58  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 PM
afirsttimer's Avatar
afirsttimer afirsttimer is offline
his wifey
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 1,918
Thanks: 2,035
Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts
Default

I've never sent dress outs to Kern but they are all the same. The box should be 12x12x12 or smaller. You can send everything you listed except for the hat (boxers, socks, wife beater, jeans, shirt, belt). You put his addy and write dress outs all over the box big!! I would call R and R to make sure. I've sent dress outs to 3 different prisons and the only one that wanted a form on top of it was Centinela. Good luck. I sent mine 2 weeks ago! Oh, and send it 30 days before he's released
__________________
Geaux Saints!!!!
  #59  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
jess11 jess11 is offline
patiently waiting
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: cali
Posts: 249
Thanks: 29
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegina View Post
i am trying to send my man his dress outs and since he has been in reception the whole time we have only been able to communicate by letter and it seems like mail is taking forever. if you can give me any answers at all i would be sooooo grateful!

1. do i send them to his regular address?
2. do i need to write anything other than his info & "dress outs" on the box?
3. do i take the tags off the clothes?
4. is there a specific size the box should be smaller than? (hope that makes sense)
5. is there anything that is unacceptable to send? (like a hat maybe? right now i have a shirt, a pair of levi's, a pair of socks, a wife beater, boxers, shoes, a belt and buckle.)
6. oh and i just brought home a cardboard box from work, is that ok?

i know these may sound like stupid questions but i really have no idea! and i feel like i can't wait any longer for a response from him. PLEASE HELP! thanks again!
When i did my hubby's dresout i used the base rate box from the post office cause it is cheaper than using your own box. everything you got so far is good. Yes take off the tags. i wouldnt recommend sending a hat because it might get smashed in the box as it makes its way to him. make sure when you send it you write dressout all over it on every side of the box in big writing. i dont know the address to sent the box to when someone is paroling from nksp. call R&R at the nksp. jus call nksp forward to the operator and ask for R&R they will give you the address to where to send the dressout. thats pretty much it. and make sure to get a receipt from the post office so you know about when it will be delivered. good luck! and congrats on your homecoming!
  #60  
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 PM
miss_mitzi miss_mitzi is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: california
Posts: 22
Thanks: 42
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Exclamation Regarding the release procedure at North Kern State Prison?

Hey, my boyfriend's out in 16 days from NKSP and my best friend and I are going to pick him up, but I have no clue as to what to do or expect, anyone know the time I need to be there, what to expect when I get there, where do I pick him up, what is needed? Help please I'm happy, nervous, excited, scared! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
  #61  
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 PM
light at end's Avatar
light at end light at end is offline
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 10,675
Thanks: 2,173
Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts
Default

Have you checked the NKSP forum? They should have a thread regarding release procedures.
__________________



  #62  
Old 08-27-2012, 02:59 AM
miss_mitzi miss_mitzi is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: california
Posts: 22
Thanks: 42
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Exclamation Question regarding how released inmates get home?

Hello

My boyfriend gets out from NKSP tomorrow, & I can't pick him up anymore, he says the greyhound will take him back to L.A. but I heard elsewhere that it's not true...does the greyhound take him back to los angeles? I want to meet up with him at the station but I'll be upset if he's not there :/ any help would be appreciated, thanks
__________________
I'm still here waiting for you, as promised. 8/28/12 we'll be together again & 8/29/12, you'll be here to spend our one year together
  #63  
Old 08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
WJD WJD is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 844
Thanks: 199
Thanked 412 Times in 223 Posts
Default

I don't have an answer for you but I wanted to say HURRAY for you guys for him getting out
  #64  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
nicki0520 nicki0520 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ca united states
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Release date

My husband just told me his out date is jan 7,2013 but says if he passes some casas test he could get 2 weeks off which would be dec 24.. How do i know when he will get released? If i call the prison what number do i call? And will they tell me his out date? Thanks
  #65  
Old 12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
WJD WJD is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 844
Thanks: 199
Thanked 412 Times in 223 Posts
Default

He should be able to call. I know they want him picked up asap after he's out.They don't want him hanging out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki0520 View Post
My husband just told me his out date is jan 7,2013 but says if he passes some casas test he could get 2 weeks off which would be dec 24.. How do i know when he will get released? If i call the prison what number do i call? And will they tell me his out date? Thanks
  #66  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:14 PM
D4C's Avatar
D4C D4C is offline
Registered Member
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LA
Posts: 3,074
Thanks: 4,198
Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,204 Posts
Default

Actually they cannot call until they get to the greyhound station. If there is no one there to pick them up they will be taken to the greyhound ticket & watched to make sure the get on the bus.
__________________



Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
north kern state prison, release

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics