Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Barbara

Default Just classified...how long until transfer

I just found out today that my Honey met with his counselor last Thursday 2/23 and he was classified as level I. I know it generally depends on space available, but has anyone had any experience with how long it can take to "mainline" after classification to a level I. It appears that with few exceptions just about every prison houses level I inmates. I live in San Jose so he asked to be placed nearby, although I do not hold out much hope for that request to be honored. I am looking forward to visiting him yet I have not been approved yet and am concerned about how I will know when he is transferred. Has anyone visited a loved one in reception at NKSP? I asked him to ask around about visits and he has yet to meet anyone in reception who has had a visit. It has been 5 weeks since I saw him and 18.5 months since I touched him. I really am in need of a visit. If anyone can shed some light I would appreciated it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Nksp

hi there,

my fiance has been in reception at NKSP for going on his 8th month in march, he was also classified as a level 1. I have not touched him since last February, so I know how you feel. Im sure his case of being in reception so long, is not the norm, so I'm sure it won't be as long for you. Lets hope so I have visited him once while in reception, it took me about a month to receive my visitors pass, after he sent me the form. It is one hour behind glass. I hope that you get to see him soon, and he gets mainlined quickly. take care
Old 03-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Barbara

Wow! That is not what I wanted to hear but I guess it is better to be aware of what could happen. I had thought that Level I would be faster since most all of the prisons have that security level. Good luck to you and I hope your guy gets transferred soon.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:57 AM

has anyone heard of a scabies breakout at north kern
Closed Thread