Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 01:29 PM
casian

Default NKSP Mail Question & Info Thread

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for mail to get to Delano from Los Angeles?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Groovin' for Life
Donation Award 

In the California forum they have a whole setion dedicated to Delano. It might be better if you asked there. I know those ladies can help you out.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:18 PM
LoViNg My HuSbAnD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckusano
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for mail to get to Delano from Los Angeles?

its all depends which delano are you talking about?

in KVSP its depends which yard? because in A yard in 4 daYS my husband receive my mail.... and my homegirl the goes to D yard she told me her husband mail is to slow the fool receive her mail in 1 week or more its all depends on the process is to slow in KVSP..
Old 08-11-2006, 09:53 PM

I send mail to nksp its about the same 4 days
Old 08-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Counting the days

Question ?

do yall ever have a problem gettin mail from him? I got like eight letter from him this week and some of them are dated like to two weeks ago and alot of them are in the same envelope. I'm a little confused. i know were sent back. but I don't know I'm a little confused.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:28 PM

Default mail probs??

mizz jp.. my boo been in reception for a month now, n i dont got no probs with mail... i usually get his letter 3 -4 days after the postmarked date. no later than 4 days. my mail gets to his no more than 5 days after the date postmarked. i thought the mail process was gonna b really bad.. but it runs pretty smooth. i just make sure that i write exactly what i enclosed on the outside of the envelope, even if its just a letter. the only prob w/mail i have is that i sent him a letter when he was in twin towers n supposedly it was gonna follow him to delano since he was transferred b4 he received it... but till now he hasnt got it. its been bout a month n 1/2. but other than that it should b cool...
Old 08-13-2006, 07:31 PM

no i havent really had any issues with getting his letters, maybe he wrote u on those dates but just put them in the same envelope?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,204 Posts
Default 2012 NKSP MAIL Q&A/Issues - Thread

Anything pertaining to MAIL please post HERE

Example: "How many envelopes can I send?", or "Is mail running slow?"

Example of what does NOT go here: "I'm sad- no mail today"~ this should go in our monthly Chit Chat thread

2011 thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:51 PM

A lil help please? I'm so confused. Some people say that I can send 20 plain blank envelopes and 20 stamps and others say that N.K.S.P. only accepts 40 prestamped envelopes. So which is right? Oh and what type of paper can I send, is it 25 single sheets or can I send a legal notepad? Thank you!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
til the wheels fall off

im pretty sure its single sheets...call delano and ask the mail room. i dont know what the limit is i always stick with 20.

But my issue is they are starting to get ridiculous on the mail. My hubby still hasnt gotten mail i sent in NOVEMBER!!!!! and it had pics of my kids
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsharper17 For This Useful Post:
Deelove93905 (01-05-2012), jess11 (01-06-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM

Thank you! All of this is so confusing to me. There is a lot of info but not too sure whats right. I wrote to my friend 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received anything from him. I would usually get something in the mail a week later but this time is taking forever! I hope they receive our mail soon!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,204 Posts

Its been a while, but I believe that to reception you can send 20 envelopes & 20 pieces of papre & a book of stamps or 20 prestamped envelopes and 20 pieces of paper... for mainline you can send more.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 PM
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4C View Post
Its been a while, but I believe that to reception you can send 20 envelopes & 20 pieces of papre & a book of stamps or 20 prestamped envelopes and 20 pieces of paper... for mainline you can send more.
Its actually 25 sheets of paper and 40 envelopes
Old 01-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Madly in love

Where are these rules on numbers of pieces of paper you can send printed...when I look at info it says "pad" of paper. Where is the actual number of pieces listed?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Madly in love

Also, can anyone tell me WHY mail is soooo incredibly slow from there. My guy is in reception when he was in A yard I got mail constantly.. since his move to B on Xmas day.. has been total silence.. he would NEVER go without writing to me. EVER!!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindiLLou
Also, can anyone tell me WHY mail is soooo incredibly slow from there. My guy is in reception when he was in A yard I got mail constantly.. since his move to B on Xmas day.. has been total silence.. he would NEVER go without writing to me. EVER!!
I haven't heard from mine either!! The last time was dec 22nd and he's in reception & A yard still I believe.. Atleast that's were I've sent 2 letters and his Xmas card since kinda worries me a little.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:14 PM
We Got This ♥

My boyfriends been in there since November and I have sent him 5 letters and 3 cards. He's only got 1 letter so far of mine. Ugh it's very frustrating :/
Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 PM

Can anyone confirm how long it takes for our mail to make it in the hands of our loved ones in prison? I sent mail to my husband on the 23rd of Dec and don't believe he has gotten any of my letters. I've written at least 10 time since that date.
On another note, I have received three letters from him since he was addmitted into prison on the 21st of December. His letters make it to my home in about 3 days.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER

Unhappy ladies

i understand your frustration but one thing u guys need to remember.. the holidays just passed.. so mail is slow.. there was 2 days of each week that mail didn't work apart from the usual 3 days they don't get mail.. Thursday is the last day mail goes out from their end. and it's the last day they get any from us.. at least on my hubbys yard... ive been hearing D yard is going slow..too.. but it all depends on the yard and the mail room it isn't your guys it's the ppl working the mail room... and there isn't a thing we can say or do cause they are lame
Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 PM

My man was on b yard for a month and i have wrote him at least 3 letters their. Today i received a letter from him saying that he moved to C yard and that he has not gotten any mail from me at all. Does anyone know if it is the same on all yards?? Or do some move faster than others?? Thanks in advance
Old 01-07-2012, 09:35 PM

Pretty much answered my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam618 View Post
i understand your frustration but one thing u guys need to remember.. the holidays just passed.. so mail is slow.. there was 2 days of each week that mail didn't work apart from the usual 3 days they don't get mail.. Thursday is the last day mail goes out from their end. and it's the last day they get any from us.. at least on my hubbys yard... ive been hearing D yard is going slow..too.. but it all depends on the yard and the mail room it isn't your guys it's the ppl working the mail room... and there isn't a thing we can say or do cause they are lame
Old 01-07-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam618 View Post
Thank You BamBam for your response. I will work on my patience. I am just really worried and want him to know that I am writing to him. I think he is aware that mail is slow because in his letters, he does not questions why he hasnt received any letters.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Madly in love

I posted this on another forum under North Kern.. but maybe it will help someone here concerning mail -- My guy is in B Yard --- maybe every yard is different........
My guy is a daily writer and I have not received anything since 12/31 and that letter was dated 12/26. I send letters with delivery tracking so I can check when it is actually delivered to NKSP mailbox. He lets me know the date he actually receives each letter. We also number our letters so he can tell if he is missing any and so can I. Kern is horrible. Takes them 7-9 days from time of receipt to deliver..and he receives 2-3 letters at a time. He is missing several letters as am I. I too am new to all this.. but I hope this info helps you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LindiLLou For This Useful Post:
ramzam (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindiLLou View Post
I posted this on another forum under North Kern.. but maybe it will help someone here concerning mail -- My guy is in B Yard --- maybe every yard is different........
My guy is a daily writer and I have not received anything since 12/31 and that letter was dated 12/26. I send letters with delivery tracking so I can check when it is actually delivered to NKSP mailbox. He lets me know the date he actually receives each letter. We also number our letters so he can tell if he is missing any and so can I. Kern is horrible. Takes them 7-9 days from time of receipt to deliver..and he receives 2-3 letters at a time. He is missing several letters as am I. I too am new to all this.. but I hope this info helps you.
Thank you LindiLou! I sent my first letter on December 23rd. I still dont have confirmation that he has received any of them. I have received 3 letters from him. I hope on my next letter from him I get confirmation that he is getting mail from me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ramzam For This Useful Post:
LindiLLou (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 PM
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-girl View Post
My man was on b yard for a month and i have wrote him at least 3 letters their. Today i received a letter from him saying that he moved to C yard and that he has not gotten any mail from me at all. Does anyone know if it is the same on all yards?? Or do some move faster than others?? Thanks in advance
In ur case mail is slow as is but when hes moved mail is a bit slower cause it needs to be redirected but it will get to him
Closed Thread