Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:28 AM

Default Does CMCF allow family visits for married couples

I was wondering if anyone knows about the rules at CMCF about a family visit for a few days after we get married? Any info on this and the visitation rules will be a big help
Old 08-20-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkammons View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows about the rules at CMCF about a family visit for a few days after we get married? Any info on this and the visitation rules will be a big help
I'm sorry I don't have an answer but I too am curious about this. I saw on the website that married couples can have conjugal visits but this is difficult choice to make since we have kids I would like to bring in to visit him as well. I don't know much since my husband just went in a couple of days ago, so if you find something out please let me know
Old 08-21-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkstorm View Post
I'm sorry I don't have an answer but I too am curious about this. I saw on the website that married couples can have conjugal visits but this is difficult choice to make since we have kids I would like to bring in to visit him as well. I don't know much since my husband just went in a couple of days ago, so if you find something out please let me know

They only allow family visits at Parchman and yes you can take your children.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Apparently conjugal visits in MS are limited to one hour and have strict limitations (based on the inmate family information on their website): Check here.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:11 PM
~ ralph wifey~

Smile

Quote:
you would need to wait til the next visit after you are married to have any alone time with him in the toug room. i know im waiting for the same thing to.
The Following User Says Thank You to desilynn For This Useful Post:
teedyblue87 (10-24-2012)
Old 09-27-2011, 02:02 PM

The visitation rules and such are at this site:

http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/visitation.htm

Each facility has its own internal rules, and it may vary by who the CO is overseeing the visitation on any given day. You may get someone hard-nosed, or someone who's a bit more lenient.

Hope your visits are good ones!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:31 PM

Default off subject

I know I'm a lil off topic but my boyfriend was just recently moved to cmcf and I was wondering how long will it be before he can make phone calls? It's been 3 days and I heard it will be a month?? Can you provide me with more info I would appreciate you so much.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:07 PM

kclynn,

Welcome to PTO and the Mississippi forum! We're glad you're here, although not for the circumstances.

My understanding is there are no phone calls during R&C, which can take between 2 and 6 weeks. See this link:

http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/Receivin...sification.htm

Hope that helps.

And I hope you will become a regular on here, so we can support each other during this stressful time of our lives.

Last edited by LordHelp; 10-08-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Old 10-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Thank you so much and actually he called today which was surprising but I'm glad we didn't have to wait all that time.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclynn View Post
Thank you so much and actually he called today which was surprising but I'm glad we didn't have to wait all that time.
I'm glad too! Hope he's doing OK.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:13 AM

Thank you and Yes he is doing much better now that he is out of harrison.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 AM

I know exactly how you feel..right now your bofriend is going through classifcation. he can make phone calls on the weekend once he turns in hi phone list..he can be in C and R for up to six weeks..it sucks then depending on his classification and length of his sentence he may be moved to another facility
Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
If your husband is in A custody and has had no violations in a year you can apply for family visits. You may choose Mon-Fri or Fri-Mon. There is a 10 dollar per day fee that must be paid one month before you go. It is very nice. My hubby and I go regularly. You may go ever 3 months as long as there are no violations. There is an apt with everything you need except foor. You write recreation and request DVD movies to watch. Ask Sgt. Christon for the rules. She over Family visits and very nice and helpful. Unlike most that work at CMCF. It is a process but worth it. You must do everything like the tell you if you want to visit.Also you must leave the place clean and like the rules say or you will not go back for a year. They have grills to cook out. Swings and playground for kids. all the pots pans and sheet towels and that kind of thing. Its explained in the rules- except how to pack you food. That has changed so ASK. I've has to ask 4 times so far this time. Sgt Christon will call you back. She is the only person at CMCF that has called me on the phone. Most of them will return email but will not call. She will. Hope you get to go. Once you start it is easy. It cost me 200 or more for food. Since its christmas this time I've spent 300 turkey ham hen and all the trimmings. EVERYTHING must be new and sealed so you have to buy salt fl;our meal pepper sugar coffee milk cola everything. no cans or glass.
The Following User Says Thank You to jean2Lr For This Useful Post:
LordHelp (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkstorm View Post
Kids must have a fmily member to watch them during you conjugal visit. My friend brings kids one visit leaves them home the next.
The Following User Says Thank You to jean2Lr For This Useful Post:
LordHelp (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Jean2Lr,

Thanks so much for the detailed information on this! You are a big help to all of us.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGyrl View Post
They only allow family visits at Parchman and yes you can take your children.
CMCF has family visits also. I've been 8 times. It is very nice. Ask Sgt. Christon for rules. Must have a custody and one year RVR free.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM

my husband got moved to cmcf monday, this is all new to me and im so lost without him, have lots of questions just not sure where to ask at..one being does he have to be there a certain amount of time before we are allowed a cojugal/family visit. hes been in prison before but before we met and i know he has never had an rvr..
Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins87 View Post
my husband got moved to cmcf monday, this is all new to me and im so lost without him, have lots of questions just not sure where to ask at..one being does he have to be there a certain amount of time before we are allowed a cojugal/family visit. hes been in prison before but before we met and i know he has never had an rvr..
Perkins,
So sorry to hear about your husband, but glad you found this site. Hope you get the information and support you need.

As the previous entries in this thread said, when he goes initially to CMCF, he goes to Reception and Classification. During that time he will not be in contact until they approve a contact phone list. That can take from a few days to a few weeks. There are no in-person visits until the classification process is complete, which can take 4-6 weeks.

As for family (or individual) visits, every person has to be approved to visit. You will receive a form to fill out, but that has to be initiated by your husband.

As for conjugal visits, as the comments said above, that can happen after a year of no incidents and good behavior. He is not immediately eligible for them.

Hope this helps a bit.