Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 AM

They wont be able to call until they get to mainline..once they see their counselor then it can take a few weeks to few months..its different for each inmate depending on how many points...different level prisons
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 PM

From my understanding inmates that are above a 2 are taking months. Not just 2-3 but around 6-8. My man is a 2 and hasn't seen his counselor yet. He's been there since mid Feb. No calls are allowed from reception. Once he gets mainlined he should be able to make calls though. I think they do have a yard for level 4 offenders at NKSP but it definitely won't be permanent. Visit the CDCR website and search NKSP under the prison locator. It will give you tons of information. And If you dig around hard enough you can find things out like what yards are for what what. You can also find out what prisons accept lifers. Might give you an idea as to where he might be mainlined and ALL that stuff. I wish I had it offhand for you but I'm on my phone "/ good luck and when I run across the 411 again I'll post the link.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM

Thanks ladies, im on my phone too so im limited. Any info or links are going to be VERY HELPFUL for me. I just want them to settle him already so I can visit. and so he can appeal! System is so corrupt ugh thats another subject sorry im venting ugh..thanks ladies
Old 04-11-2012, 12:28 PM
patiently waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by xofreea1xo View Post
Thanks ladies, im on my phone too so im limited. Any info or links are going to be VERY HELPFUL for me. I just want them to settle him already so I can visit. and so he can appeal! System is so corrupt ugh thats another subject sorry im venting ugh..thanks ladies
there is no yard for level 4 at NKSP. only 3 and 1 and reception. he will be there awhile so jus prepare yourself. if u decide to visit visits are only 1 hour behind glass. and its preety kickback. jus keep on what yard he is on cause there are lockdowns. my husband has been there for about 5 months now in reception and he has seen a counselor so it can take a while.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 PM

Hello Ladies!!
Can someone tell me what is B-4?? He is in reception at NKSP.

Thank YOu
The Following User Says Thank You to soulmate4ev For This Useful Post:
BLuft (04-16-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 AM
I Corinth 13:13

Default new charges while in reception

what happens when there are added charges that take place during reception? he hasnt seen his counselor and he has been there since July 2011 and he got his final sentencing 2 months ago for the new charges. do they stay in reception and never get phone calls or visits for the rest of their sentence? my kids miss their dad so bad! I called the couselor months ago and he just told me that he is really busy and by family calling it was slowing the process down so I dont want to call again cause the process couldnt go any slower.
The Following User Says Thank You to BLuft For This Useful Post:
shortybaby52491 (05-18-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLuft View Post
what happens when there are added charges that take place during reception? he hasnt seen his counselor and he has been there since July 2011 and he got his final sentencing 2 months ago for the new charges. do they stay in reception and never get phone calls or visits for the rest of their sentence? my kids miss their dad so bad! I called the couselor months ago and he just told me that he is really busy and by family calling it was slowing the process down so I dont want to call again cause the process couldnt go any slower.
DO NOT call the counselor it upsets them and it makes living inside harder for your loved one. Let him handle speaking for himself on the inside..When you call it can get him in trouble.. Most likely they will just add on the extra time to his sentence. They won't leave him in reception..

I am responsible for what I say but not responsible for how you react
Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 AM

My baby is in reception too in Michigan but i call there and they are nice to me when I call, but o call his parole officer too. My baby signed over power of attorney to me it makes it easier to get info. He can sign it in the prison but my baby is allowed to call me everyday now and send letters.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess11

there is no yard for level 4 at NKSP. only 3 and 1 and reception. he will be there awhile so jus prepare yourself. if u decide to visit visits are only 1 hour behind glass. and its preety kickback. jus keep on what yard he is on cause there are lockdowns. my husband has been there for about 5 months now in reception and he has seen a counselor so it can take a while.
I think met you! When I tried to go see my hubby and got denied and had to take the walk of shame out of there haha! I still haven't hear of getting approved. This sucks. I can believe yours has been there 5 months! I'm dying on 2 months of no hubby action
Old 04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
patiently waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcalderon05 View Post
I think met you! When I tried to go see my hubby and got denied and had to take the walk of shame out of there haha! I still haven't hear of getting approved. This sucks. I can believe yours has been there 5 months! I'm dying on 2 months of no hubby action
thats how it is girl. jus 6 more months and he will be home. im counting the days!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess11

thats how it is girl. jus 6 more months and he will be home. im counting the days!
I turned it in on march 2nd. How much longer should I wait.! !? Awe that's so exciting!! I wish mine had 6 months left! He's been down for almost 3 yrs! I'm like dying for contact visits
Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM

My boyfriend is in reception N I sent him letters since the 12th till the 22nd I don't think he got them cause I didn't know his housing or bunk # I only put his name cdr # north kern state prison N the po box 5000 then.delano ca N zip where can I go to check where he is housed at I call but no answered at the prisin please I need help
Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 PM

How long has he been there? It took my boyfriend almost 2 weeks to receive mail from me
Old 04-22-2012, 08:40 PM

Since the 12 but his brother N his mom got a letter from him but they won't give me his info or tell me where it was sent from
Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM

Why won't they give you his info? At you sure he has enough stamps and paper cause you can send some you can call tomorrow and they will give you the correct PO box to be sent to. But it's better to call early. That's what I did called around 11 or 1030 am and they gave me his correct PO.box and info
Old 04-22-2012, 09:00 PM

I don't really know and now I'm like Wtf is goin on why would he write them N not me we got in a fight previously when he was in jail so we weren't able to resolve it N I see people don't get letters I just want to make sure he gets them so he won't think I left him N thank you appreciate it
Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 PM

Don't worry what ever it is you guys fought about will be over hell get your letter and be happy I still get mad at my boyfriend even through mail he's been there for 3 months almost in reception and All he tells me is lets no fight through letters makes my day long. Hell write back you should send in a MANiLLA envelope 25 sheets of paper 40 envelopes and 40 stamps and a letter they seem to get those faster than regular letters for some reason.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:58 PM

That what I tell him let's not fight then why do you start like Wtf we don't have time for that when we barley get it (we fought cause the last visit he accused me if checking out an older inmate :/) which was not true but that's ima get on that soon
Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 PM
nixlovingwife

Help! Does anyone know if my belly ring will set off the metal detectors??? Im goin for a visit this weekend and I just got my belly pierced a few weeks ago...
Old 04-24-2012, 12:47 PM
nixlovingwife

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmate4ev
Hello Ladies!!
Can someone tell me what is B-4?? He is in reception at NKSP.

Thank YOu
He is on b yard building 4
Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Hi ladies, i have a question, i sent my bf a letter to county on thursday of last week and he got transfered on monday night, do u girls think he got it or may get it? Thanx
Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse22
Hi ladies, i have a question, i sent my bf a letter to county on thursday of last week and he got transfered on monday night, do u girls think he got it or may get it? Thanx
I doubt it got to him on time they take forever in the mail room. Since he has been sent to state they will send that mail back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
The Following User Says Thank You to junglette247 For This Useful Post:
Jesse22 (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM

Thanx really appreciate your reply.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 PM
nixlovingwife

Has anyone here visited who has a belly ring? Do they set off the metal detectors?
Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 PM

I don't think you can I have never visited before but from what I hear no type of metal
Closed Thread