Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Indiana prison and criminal justice system.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:44 AM

Default Westville Inmate possibly killed ??

Has anyone heard if an inmate at Westville was killed by other inmates sometime last month. Possibly was jumped by other inmates and killed on the ED side- I have heard that IA is investigating but have not heard or read anything about it. Hope it is just a bad rumor.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staldiddy View Post
Has anyone heard if an inmate at Westville was killed by other inmates sometime last month. Possibly was jumped by other inmates and killed on the ED side- I have heard that IA is investigating but have not heard or read anything about it. Hope it is just a bad rumor.

My honey is in Westville. He got there right after the incident and per the other inmates, the guy was beat to death in his sleep. If we are talking about the same guy. And it was ruled a homicide; that was on the news. But as far as finding out who did it; I haven't heard anything on that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeavenlyWings For This Useful Post:
krob515 (10-06-2010), patchouli (10-06-2010), staldiddy (10-11-2010)
Old 10-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Default Westville

From what I have heard he requested Protective Custody and was denied. Westville has appx. 3200-3400 inmates and only 32 cells in PCU. I think it is a tradegy and they should expand PCU due to the high inmate population. Very sad. I pray for his family.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 PM
It'll get better in time

Here is an article I found online about an inmate who was murdered on July 25, 2010.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/l...3a750e967.html

WESTVILLE | Prison officials have isolated several offenders they believe were involved in the July 25 death of an inmate.
Shawn Milton, 32, of Warsaw, was found unresponsive about 2:30 p.m. July 25 in his cell at Westville Correctional Facility.
Prison officials said Milton's injuries were "inconsistent with natural causes" but did not elaborate on the nature of the injuries.
Westville spokeswoman Sharon Hawk said Wednesday officials segregated several prisoners from the general population as a result of a joint investigation with Indiana State Police.
"We are confident we have determined the offenders involved in the homicide," she said.
Hawk said prison officials and state police would soon turn their findings over to the LaPorte County prosecutor's office for consideration of formal charges.
Milton had served less than two weeks of his eight-year sentence for dealing methamphetamine when he was killed, prison officials said in a news release. He arrived at the facility July 16.

===================

And a related story:

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/99343179.html

Inmate death ruled a homicide:

A Warsaw man who was an inmate in the Westville prison is dead, and LaPorte County Coroner John Sullivan has ruled it a homicide.
Shawn Milton, 32, of Warsaw was found dead Sunday in his bed at the medium security Westville Correctional Facility.
Officials say he suffered blunt force trauma to his entire body, and it seemed he had been beat and stomped to death.
Milton arrived at the prison just ten days ago after being sentenced in Kosciusko County to eight years for dealing meth.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:28 AM

Default My brother.

Hello, I am the passed inmates sister and I look the posts up about my brother about everyday.. And I know a lot about this case, it was the Aryen Brotherhood, seven men were involved and they crushed everything in his body, all but his spleen. He had a few tattoos on his neck they got offended by, So he requested that protected custody and got denied, the next day he was found dead in his cell. Now lets go back a bit to when this was happening, this is not min. security its medium. Where were the guards at? The female guard did not do anything she was paid to hush, and my mom watched the video tapes, she told me it was seven men and he got beat to death now there is a lawsuit against them from my family and I wonder where were all the guards on a Sunday around 12pm or so? Besides that one female officer. No where to be found I guess. But the tape shows my brother trying to get away from them and pleading for his life as they splash buckets of cold water onto his face so he would stay conscious so that he could see what they were doing to him. My brother was a very big man so I found it very depressing that he did not have the strength to live from that but I remember him at our house a few days before he was scheduled to go, and I remember him hugging my uncle and my uncle saying "I'll seeya when you get out." then my brother hugs him tighter and says "I don't think i'm going to get out.." Nobody knew what that meant.. Until I got a call from my family while in school telling me that my brother had passed. 10 days after he had gotten there not even serving much of what he had too. I was shocked.. And to think that the prison denied it after him getting in there with tattoos that offended the Aryen Brotherhood on his neck.. But the thing I don't get is, why not let my brothers story be told on the news? Why keep it a secret and they make the other storys and lawsuits viewable? What was so wrong with my brothers story being told, He was a good man and did nothing too them. It was all over a few little tattoos, I guess big men can't handle stuff like that. And I now know the man who planned the whole thing outs name and where he is held now. He has nothing released on him.. Most of the men that helped in the murder of my brother are now free to walk the streets of Indiana and I have met over 5 men and I will be meeting another but they were all in the same cell block as my brother in the time of his murder and they told them if they did not mind they're own business that they would be strolling out of the prison the same way my brother did, dead sadly and the grieving process has taken the worst toll on my mom and I feel pretty bad, I honestly have questions for the man that murdered my brother, and lots of questions..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x1goL For This Useful Post:
Jay1 (06-11-2015), patchouli (07-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2015, 06:15 AM

Default I would like to talk to you email me (removed per policy)

I'm so sorry for your lost please get in contact with me my email is (Removed per policy; Please contact member via pm system)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1goL View Post
Hello, I am the passed inmates sister and I look the posts up about my brother about everyday.. And I know a lot about this case, it was the Aryen Brotherhood, seven men were involved and they crushed everything in his body, all but his spleen. He had a few tattoos on his neck they got offended by, So he requested that protected custody and got denied, the next day he was found dead in his cell. Now lets go back a bit to when this was happening, this is not min. security its medium. Where were the guards at? The female guard did not do anything she was paid to hush, and my mom watched the video tapes, she told me it was seven men and he got beat to death now there is a lawsuit against them from my family and I wonder where were all the guards on a Sunday around 12pm or so? Besides that one female officer. No where to be found I guess. But the tape shows my brother trying to get away from them and pleading for his life as they splash buckets of cold water onto his face so he would stay conscious so that he could see what they were doing to him. My brother was a very big man so I found it very depressing that he did not have the strength to live from that but I remember him at our house a few days before he was scheduled to go, and I remember him hugging my uncle and my uncle saying "I'll seeya when you get out." then my brother hugs him tighter and says "I don't think i'm going to get out.." Nobody knew what that meant.. Until I got a call from my family while in school telling me that my brother had passed. 10 days after he had gotten there not even serving much of what he had too. I was shocked.. And to think that the prison denied it after him getting in there with tattoos that offended the Aryen Brotherhood on his neck.. But the thing I don't get is, why not let my brothers story be told on the news? Why keep it a secret and they make the other storys and lawsuits viewable? What was so wrong with my brothers story being told, He was a good man and did nothing too them. It was all over a few little tattoos, I guess big men can't handle stuff like that. And I now know the man who planned the whole thing outs name and where he is held now. He has nothing released on him.. Most of the men that helped in the murder of my brother are now free to walk the streets of Indiana and I have met over 5 men and I will be meeting another but they were all in the same cell block as my brother in the time of his murder and they told them if they did not mind they're own business that they would be strolling out of the prison the same way my brother did, dead sadly and the grieving process has taken the worst toll on my mom and I feel pretty bad, I honestly have questions for the man that murdered my brother, and lots of questions..

Last edited by patchouli; 06-11-2015 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: removed email address
Old 06-11-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstam305 View Post
I'm so sorry for your lost please get in contact with me my email is (Removed per policy; Please contact member via pm system)
I know how hard it must be to get answers and understand what happen but if we work together things like this will stop

Last edited by patchouli; 06-11-2015 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: removed email address
Old 06-11-2015, 06:11 PM

Thanked 1,065 Times in 514 Posts

This post was started in 2010. I don't think the original,poster has been back for awhile .