Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison This forum is for all those - family, friends, spouses, wives, husbands, significant others, brothers, sisters, parents, and children - who lost a loved one or friend while incarcerated.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:22 PM

Yes it is just in the next room they say it seems to help to think so Thank you
Old 12-31-2016, 07:19 AM

My condolences to you and your family. I hope you receive information soon, I know your pain is horrendous. I always fear this could happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (01-05-2017)
Old 12-31-2016, 08:04 PM

Unhappy i am so sorry for your loss

I am so sorry for your loss I cant even imagine. This worries me so much as I have not heard from my bf for over 3 weeks and that is not like him. I do not believe that he is in trouble, how would I even find that out? I will pray for your family and for your loved one. Again I am so very sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to Waitingfor2021 For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 09:20 PM

Thank you for your condolence s I must say ladies if you have someone you love behind those walls please do them a favor be involved have power of attorneys medical power of attorneys paperwork in order so the prison is truly accountable for medical for the rights for civial for protection health mental physical your loved ones in there really need you as there voice write them often and keep logs of stuff in which happens with phone calls even down to the mood they were in ive learned this all now do to me searching for answers dont let it happen to you or your loved ones we can save lifes that matter to us by advocating for them. I could of would of if I knew this much as i know now how bad it really is in there I know there in prison its not daycamp but theres so much more than you really know they need us to help them just so they can do there time and survive. And come home what i could have done for Mike only now he is gone you never ever really know a blink of an eye ladies so fast well a update still dont know what has happened to Mike but we have gotten as far as putting him to rest hopefully still waiting to hear back on that well we paid for the service I am trying to stay ontop of things we thought well how do we really know if its even Mike the funeral place says we will send pictures to idenify dont know if im ready for that either but yeah still no updates on autopys nor investagation and still no word from anyone that may have know mike inside so yeah its been hard and its taken a toll but take care ladys and happy new year
Old 01-05-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingfor2021 View Post
I am so sorry for your loss I cant even imagine. This worries me so much as I have not heard from my bf for over 3 weeks and that is not like him. I do not believe that he is in trouble, how would I even find that out? I will pray for your family and for your loved one. Again I am so very sorry
I would call down there and find out if he is in lock down or if unit is whatever yard he is on write him a letter let him know your concerened mail is impotant look up on his doc page make sure of movement ect i hope lhis helps and thank you for your condolences
Old 01-09-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya4Tipton View Post
Please need help A nother tragady of ADOC death of inmate My God what do I do inmate Tipton notified death on adoc website of december 8 says he died dec 6 after paramedic took him to hospital. They wont give any information on what has happened im reaching out Michael Tipton is loved and I dont know were to start His mother and I and his son and his granddaughter beg for answers on what has happened if i can get any info on what were to start Or anyone who knows someone in this prison that can give us any info please we will keep all info confidential of anything we just need to know what is going on why what were what do i do
I haven't yet introduced myself to this forum..but let me do so in part now. I've been dealing with the U.S. jail and prison system in this country specific to health care and death issues for over 20 years. I am not affiliated with any law enforcement agency, DOC or BOP facility. My reason for joining it was to see the type of problems inmates are continuing to have and what you as family members are being forced to accept and endure.

There is much you can still do and frankly, you've got a lot more power to do something than you might think. When they don't give you information at all--from the date of his death until today, there is a definite reason as to why they're not providing information to you. And there is much information that you should be going after. Just remember you're entitled to very specific information surrounding his death; however, the system does not want you aware of that fact. The more they can keep you in the dark, the better. Doing so all works to their advantage--not yours. And more oftentimes than not families are clueless as to what they can do when an inmate is sick, dying or has died. If you'd like to talk further, I'm more than willing to do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to OsloJn146 For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsloJn146 View Post
I haven't yet introduced myself to this forum..but let me do so in part now. I've been dealing with the U.S. jail and prison system in this country specific to health care and death issues for over 20 years. I am not affiliated with any law enforcement agency, DOC or BOP facility. My reason for joining it was to see the type of problems inmates are continuing to have and what you as family members are being forced to accept and endure.

There is much you can still do and frankly, you've got a lot more power to do something than you might think. When they don't give you information at all--from the date of his death until today, there is a definite reason as to why they're not providing information to you. And there is much information that you should be going after. Just remember you're entitled to very specific information surrounding his death; however, the system does not want you aware of that fact. The more they can keep you in the dark, the better. Doing so all works to their advantage--not yours. And more oftentimes than not families are clueless as to what they can do when an inmate is sick, dying or has died. If you'd like to talk further, I'm more than willing to do so.
OsloJn146;7595158
You know I just was to a point of crazy myself untill i opened this thread to see if anything i mean anything was here and you wrote this Thank you and yes I need someone to talk to .Today we called and asked can we come and pick up his belongings and talked with warrden was told not releasing anything to us or anyone come in 3 days to pick up his stuff we asked arent you done with your investagation was told yes on the prision end but still wont let us know anything they havent told us anything just that he was taken by paramedics he was doa was told then revived found out from doctor on that but still doctor wont tell us what happen condition as was it from someone something other than natural we know that he didnt have any blood left in him so we know something bad happen but no one will tell us anything. We dont know what to do anymore we dont have big bucks to hire lawyers to find out they know this You can only hope someone will post something on update on his death like being investagated of homicide or suicide or anything but it still just sits there saying same thing a month later took by paramedics there stuff they are making shine by now and we dont know how to get in there to find a way to find out
Old 01-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,028 Times in 2,136 Posts

They will not release anything: information or belongings, until the State Police have finished their investigation. The State Police investigation is separate from the Prison's investigation.

They also won't release anything until the Medical Examiner has signed off on the death certificate, which won't happen until the ME is sure of the findings.

You have the ability to petition for information through the freedom of information act, however, they don't finalize the paperwork until after the ME has released a death certificate citing cause of death and the ME won't do that until the State Police are finished with their investigation since the corpus is considered evidence until the Police investigation is wrapped up.

It is a horrible situation to be in. Absolutely hell on the family. But if someone intentionally caused his death, then the Police need to have time to conduct a full investigation and make certain they have all the facts before charging someone with murder.

I do feel your pain, and I know you want fast answers. I would want fast answers too, in your situation.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
jadah (01-10-2017), marie8899 (02-05-2017), maytayah (01-10-2017), Sarianna (01-10-2017), sass4221 (01-10-2017), sidewalker (01-10-2017), Tanya4Tipton (01-09-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya4Tipton View Post
Thank you I am reaching out to anyone that may have known Mike in there that even knows him that was in Buckley unit he was there for 6 yrs so im sure he had associated with others he was a awesome person that even a smile from him was genuine and he was a loyal true friend if any of your loved obes family or friends knew Michael tipton please would love to hear from you And as his family we are gere for anyone whom needs to talk thank you for all your condolences and support It truely is needed and We Thank you Tanya4Tipton

I can't imagine your agony... May he though continue to RIP chica, and is still living through his loved ones, each day,with each and ever smile of a happy and kind beautiful moment....He, thus, is still here with you, and i pray you're 1 day able to find the answers, you're searching for. God speed.Hugs -n- Blessings your way tonight.

"Lead with your mind and NOT with your heart."
I'm on mi way,Bebe.Me &U. No more D.O.C.this winter! Our homecoming will be so beautiful#Countin'TheDays

The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (01-18-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 10:42 PM

a.rare.love
Thank you I see him in every loving smile and wink and kind act you are right and he is still here with me I can hear him when I listen to my heart I still havent gotten answers but May he Rip and Thanks for the condolances and hugs this way .
Old 01-19-2017, 05:16 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”

― Terry Pratchett, from his novel Going Postal

He will not truly die until all those who knew him are also dead. He will be with you for the rest of your life.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”

― Terry Pratchett, from his novel Going Postal

He will not truly die until all those who knew him are also dead. He will be with you for the rest of your life.
Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanya4Tipton For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-20-2017), jadah (01-22-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 09:09 PM

It sounds like he was poisoned. For such a sudden onset of abdomen pain then death, sounds like poison to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justice4her For This Useful Post:
Tanya4Tipton (02-04-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 05:18 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Without access to the post mortem, sudden onset of abdominal pain can mean many things. Poison is a possibility, as is "bloat" (they call it that in dogs, I don't know if there's a human term for it, however, I do know someone who nearly died of it in prison), as is lung cancer (it was the first symptom my Dad showed before he died from stage IV lung cancer), as is gall stones, as is... many many other things.

Some causes could be nefarious, some causes could be completely natural. Either way, it doesn't matter at this point. What does matter is that Tanya4Tipton's loved one is gone, she is grieving, and she is having difficulty getting answers or a even getting her loved one's remains so she can have a proper funeral and be able to start the process of closure. Because it doesn't feel real until on has their loved one's remains back.

Speculation will do no good at this point, and very much unfortunately for Tanya4Tipton, there is little she can do other than wait.

Tanya4Tipton, please do update us when you have news worth sharing and know we're here for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-05-2017), Tanya4Tipton (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 09:56 PM

I have been here but still nothing to say I dont know whats going on Since all this Its tearing the family apart I know everyone deals with the loss of a loved one differently but it seems that everyone else life goes on I understand It has to for them but it has destroyed me not still knowing anything The prison wont tell me anything and I dont have the money for lawyer's to get everything im sure its all washwd up by now I just continue to serch to piece to maybe find out anything Thank you so much and know im around and im stull in search of any answers and I wont let go ever I love and miss Mike so much
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanya4Tipton For This Useful Post:
GingerM (02-05-2017), Sarianna (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

You're doing all that you can. Prison chaplain, the warden (or however they named the guy in charge of the prison), the Medical Examiner's office, the state police... those are the folks to be talking to to get information, and I'm sure you've already spoken with them.

ACLU will take on cases like this, though right now they're awfully busy with the chaos surrounding the immigration ban. But it doesn't hurt to call and leave a message.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (02-05-2017), Sarianna (02-05-2017), Tanya4Tipton (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 10:25 PM

Hi ladies .Its been awhile and its been real aweful to say the least Family has torn apart and My life wont ever be the same Im lost knowing my best friend my soul mate is not coming back to me I still dont know what happen and its the worst not knowing So many speculations have went. Through my head the insainty wont end Ive calked everyone ive serched everything its like lost I wont give up and I miss Mike so much I just wanted to say Hi ladies and thank you again for being there in the darkest moments I wont ever forget you all
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tanya4Tipton For This Useful Post:
jadah (06-08-2017), MLmiller (04-06-2017), Sarianna (04-05-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 05:35 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

I'm glad you gave us an update, Tanya, but I'm really saddened for you that you have no answers yet. Do you have a death certificate yet? If so, that means that you should be able to get answers from the coroner's office. You can also petition for a public records release to get the documentation of the investigation, but only if the investigation is complete.

You have my heartfelt sympathy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-04-2017), Tanya4Tipton (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,492 Times in 751 Posts

Thinking of you Tanya and hoping that you will find out eventually what happened....and that you'll find peace with all this. We are here for you, sending you love & strength
Old 04-06-2017, 12:01 AM

I have petitioned for public records to get information on the investagation its been months now and still haven't been updated nor have they relesed any thing on what has happened ITS HELL I thank you again for all the support and info that you all have given me and your time love and prayers to all of us that have our loved ones behind those walls and to our loved ones whom have been lost in the system I pray there souls are free from the system It sucks
fbopnomore (04-06-2017), GingerM (04-06-2017), jadah (06-08-2017)