Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in New Jersey, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 12-01-2020, 06:29 AM
Donation Award 

Default Is NJ DOC doing any transfers from prison to prison?

Can anyone tell me if they are doing any transfers from prison to prisons. My son was taken from Jones Farm to CRAF because he came in contact with someone that was positive for Covid. This is the second time. He was brought to CRAF and did his 15 days in CRAF and is still there. He was taken out of confinement and placed in General and goes a works everyday but has not been put back to his home prison yet. The answer was because the commissioner stopped all transfers which really doesn't make any sense. Why subjected him to Covid again when they have many more cases coming up everyday and not put him back to his home prison.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2020, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,943 Times in 3,869 Posts

I'm not sure what's going on with NJDOC and transfers. I know in Oregon, some of the prisons were sending the guys who tested positive to quarantine in the women's prison. They were only supposed to be there for 14 days, but because of transportation issues, many of them stayed well over a month.

The reality is that DOC (of any state) was not prepared for a pandemic. They didn't have systems in place to deal with it.

Oregon also had the wildfires earlier this year where 3 prisons had to be completely evacuated. That was a logistical disaster (no plan in place for wildfires threatening that many prisons all at once either).

At this point, I think the best any of us can do is go with the flow. If he's not sick with Covid, be happy for that, and hope that come summer next year, the populace will believe it's worth the state's money to vaccinate all the inmates.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (12-07-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 08:29 AM

Thanked 1,003 Times in 477 Posts

I've heard of recent transfers happening in NJ, they may just being moving slower than the usual slow. Also, when that large amount of inmates got released they were moving guys around. They were grossly unprepared for all of this. I know its stressful, hang in there!
GingerM (12-02-2020)
Old 01-15-2021, 04:32 PM
Donation Award 

They are now.