Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in New York, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,865 Times in 2,294 Posts

Yes moves do occur; however, they will be specific in nature.

There are guidelines that still need to be followed:

If a judge sentenced someone to Willard, the move is time sensitive so they can follow the order of the court. Court ordered shock.
If someone is having mental health, medical, has enemies, needs to move because of enemies, disciplinary, age (Adirondack) or court order, has family employed by the jail, or is being released to serve county time, needs to go to coxsackie for dental work, needs to go out to have surgery, and/or go to a facility that has a course of physical therapy after injury. Also, disciplinary moves are happening.

Again, cases have exploded all over the state system, so moves are case by case and for special circumstances.

They will have to stay put until it is deemed safe.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlivingston73 View Post
Mines in a dorm in H block. Been there since mid November waiting to get transferred to whatever facility they are putting him at for the next year and a half.
Yeah i hear you on that one mine got there Nov 3rd SMH and they are sitting there like ducks lol his time counts now so that is a good thing hope things work out for you and your loved one either way mine come home in April no parole been a very long 5 yrs
Old 01-10-2021, 07:05 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,865 Times in 2,294 Posts

63% of my LOs facility is now quarantined. Now is not the time to move people. Programs are not happening in many facilities either.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:45 AM

UGH..he is going back there next week not happy about that he is safer in the damn box. They need to start releasing people.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn0208 View Post
UGH..he is going back there next week not happy about that he is safer in the damn box. They need to start releasing people.
Yeah as i do agree with you and people that are less than 90 days in they are starting to but not many it's really insane if you ask me it seemed that they were releasing more people in June than they are now and it's getting worse go figure gotta love NYS DOCCS so annoying omg they are they don't care they are just their for a paycheck they can go home the inmates can't
Old 01-11-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Yeah as i do agree with you and people that are less than 90 days in they are starting to but not many it's really insane if you ask me it seemed that they were releasing more people in June than they are now and it's getting worse go figure gotta love NYS DOCCS so annoying omg they are they don't care they are just their for a paycheck they can go home the inmates can't
Itís very annoying, they need to work on getting more released and out of these facilities. I just got off the phone w my bf he said a guy just got denied parole because he didnít meet his program requirements, well how can they when they are not moving guys to the facilities they need to be at and shutting down programs? They donít seem to be allowing for the fact that Covid has held up so many from getting programs finished in time. My bf is worried now they will just hold him at downstate for months on end and he will not make his merit board and complete his programs . They are getting cases of positive Covid in there , yet some guards are walking around not bothering with wearing their masks half the time . They go home daily and then bring Covid into the facility with their lack of maintaining healthy safety precautions, and the inmates pay the price for it . The whole system in these facilities is a mess and needs a full overhaul.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Itís very annoying, they need to work on getting more released and out of these facilities. I just got off the phone w my bf he said a guy just got denied parole because he didnít meet his program requirements, well how can they when they are not moving guys to the facilities they need to be at and shutting down programs? They donít seem to be allowing for the fact that Covid has held up so many from getting programs finished in time. My bf is worried now they will just hold him at downstate for months on end and he will not make his merit board and complete his programs . They are getting cases of positive Covid in there , yet some guards are walking around not bothering with wearing their masks half the time . They go home daily and then bring Covid into the facility with their lack of maintaining healthy safety precautions, and the inmates pay the price for it . The whole system in these facilities is a mess and needs a full overhaul.
Yeah it's a nightmare for them it really is and it's not right that they are not releasing inmates if they aren't gonna move them how can you hold the inmate accountable for not making their merit board when there is no programs that's not right at all it isn't that's all they are doing is blaming Covid for everything which is so annoying gives them a reason to sit on their asses and do nothing just baby sit go home and bring covid back in the prisons i hope they will start something cause Covid is getting worse it is
Old 01-11-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Looks like downstate is still moving people. Just talked to my boyfriend last night and they came in and told two guys to pack their stuff, they re on the draft. Waiting to be moved out anytime now.
Yeah you are right they just moved 4 people today i for draft in my man's unit so they must have allot of people going to Willard he didn't think there was movement Guess so he also said that new inmates came in today from Rikers so they are still sending people in
Old 01-21-2021, 08:31 PM

Yeah i wrote a thread but i got a call and he's leaving tommorow morning on the draft im so happy thank you Jesus for that guess movement started again