Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Folsom State Prison, located in Represa, California.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglsmom View Post
We just received the same email alert. We googled Folsom Prison news and the story came up. The incident happened at New Folsom yesterday. Evidently an inmate was found dead and his celly is suspected of killing him. I would guess Old Folsom is on lockdown for security reasons and, hopefully, the lockdown won't last long. At least we know our men are safe.
@tglsmom - that's what I got googled back, too... and thanks for being positive on the fact that they are safe - little reminders for me like that are always a good thing!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 PM

Looks like I'll be seeing mine in a year...on release date! I'm a lil sad....but it is what it is. Thank god they are all safe though...I get so worries
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM
THEWIFEY02

how long does a visiting application take I sent it a month ago and my dude celly said only 5 weeks....can anybody remember how long their took....I Know at another prison I sent two in at different time then they approve me .....
Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 PM
THEWIFEY02

how the visiting room? ? nobody really hasent talk about it.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEWIFE02 View Post
how the visiting room? ? nobody really hasent talk about it.
your application for visiting shouldn't take that long... I sent in my friend's and my hubby got an answer within three weeks.

Also, visiting is pretty laid back. It's SO much better than La Palma, and for that, I am VERY grateful!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:20 PM
THEWIFEY02

okay thanks and for visiting I think ill wear black cause I know that color always get in at every. prison I was reading dresscode for old Folsom and they trip on a lot of colors ....I thought pink...purple...pants or okay but I guess every prison different
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
okay thanks and for visiting I think ill wear black cause I know that color always get in at every. prison I was reading dresscode for old Folsom and they trip on a lot of colors ....I thought pink...purple...pants or okay but I guess every prison different
Black is always the safest bet, for sure. Make sure nothing is too low cut, and always make sure to have a back-up change of clothes in the car.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 PM
I'll never leave ur side

Ive been to a few different facilities but im wondering can anyone give me any must have tips other than the basics as far as dress code there- every spot is different and i normaly go to new folsom- are boots ok there?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 PM
*Forever Faithful*

Default Visiting with infants or toddlers.

I know this helped when I needed to know.. so here you go ladies <3

The following baby items are allowed when bringing in an infant or toddler: any combination of two factory-sealed single serving size, ready to feed bottles of baby formula or two transparent plastic baby bottles either empty or containing pre-mixed formula/milk/juice/water; three non-glass containers of baby food in sealed packaging; one plastic spoon; six disposable diapers; one sealed package of baby wipes; one change of clothing; one small blanket; two searchable small toys; one transparent pacifier; one burp cloth; baby carrier; and clear plastic diaper bag (12" by 20");

Old 11-13-2012, 05:18 PM
*Forever Faithful*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever baby!! View Post
Ive been to a few different facilities but im wondering can anyone give me any must have tips other than the basics as far as dress code there- every spot is different and i normaly go to new folsom- are boots ok there?

boots should be fine. the only shoes they dont allow are rubber flip flops. as long as the shoes have a solid rubber sole your good. ive seen girls get in with shoes with no back strap, and is says they have to have a strap. so some days there liad back, others there not. but boots should be just fine.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 AM
THEWIFEY02

Did anybody visiting form take along time ...my dude sent a request form they told him my application still processing its been over a month...he said the dudes up there said it only take like 3 to 5 weeks ...did anybody have this problem????
Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Did anybody visiting form take along time ...my dude sent a request form they told him my application still processing its been over a month...he said the dudes up there said it only take like 3 to 5 weeks ...did anybody have this problem????
we had one minor snag... turned out she got approved, but they never told him. Poor Kathie even applied twice, and we were about to do it a third time, but I guess the guys can ask for a print out of their visitors... maybe you guy can have them print that out for him? They say to give them up to 8 weeks though.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 PM
THEWIFEY02

yea he did a print out I wasent on there cause since I sent it to the mailroom...visiting got it late weeks later they received October 16 ...I see now ...I got to give it some more weeks...I just hope I'm approve by Christmas that's when I plan to visit ....thanks for the info
Old 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,258 Posts

We're planning on visiting our son the weekend before Christmas. On Saturday, my husband and I want an early appointment, but our other son, his wife and daughter want a later appt. Is it possible for us to make an early appt. and for them to make a later appt. and will we all be allowed to visit on the same day? Has anyone ever had this experience? Thanks so much.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
We're planning on visiting our son the weekend before Christmas. On Saturday, my husband and I want an early appointment, but our other son, his wife and daughter want a later appt. Is it possible for us to make an early appt. and for them to make a later appt. and will we all be allowed to visit on the same day? Has anyone ever had this experience? Thanks so much.
Hi there. Yes, you can both make visiting appointments for the same day. I just don't know if you all can overlap, or if you do if there can be more than 5 of you at a time, since that is the maximum number of visitors allowed at a time.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM

Thanks, Pinkie. There will only be 5 of us visiting so that isn't a problem. It's just finding out if we can overlap. We're coming from OC so want to get as long as visit as possible. We'll be there early and our other son will come in later, but we also want to make sure that we can all be there together at some point. I guess I'll call the visiting office on Sat. since someone usually picks up the phone and find out what they have to say. Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Pinkie. There will only be 5 of us visiting so that isn't a problem. It's just finding out if we can overlap. We're coming from OC so want to get as long as visit as possible. We'll be there early and our other son will come in later, but we also want to make sure that we can all be there together at some point. I guess I'll call the visiting office on Sat. since someone usually picks up the phone and find out what they have to say. Thanks for the reply!
Of course - we all gotta help each other out! I hope that you all are able to overlap - I don't see why not. Happy visiting and holidays!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 PM

Hi tglsmom, hopefully this will help; I live in L.A. County and have some family in the Bay Area so pondered the same thing especially it being the holiday season.
I was able to visit my brother Thanksgiving weekend and was able to speak with one of the officers in the visiting processing building.

On a side note; had a long list of questions since haven't had luck with being able to get through with speaking with anyone at the prison each time I called beforehand so was thinking what's there to lose and asked away. I did apologize to the officer with all the questions I had and found it refreshing to hear her respond with, "no need to apologize, if you don't ask how will you know."

Yes it is possible to your question regarding if you can come at a earlier appt. time and have other visitors come at a later time on the same day. Also other visitors coming at the later time will be able to join you during your visit with your son as long as the number of visitors doesn't exceed 5.

I would suggest that when you are being processed for visiting, you make sure to request to the officer that your visit not be terminated since you traveled more than 250 miles for the visit and its been longer than 30 days since your last visit. This also goes for the other visitors coming at the later time if the above applies to them as well.
If by chance it were to not apply to the other visitors coming at the later time due to them not traveling more than 250 miles/it being at least 30 days since their last visit; if there are terminations that day, your son will need to check the termination list and if his name is on there, those visitors will be terminated but your visit will still remain due to the distance you traveled.

I consider myself still pretty new to all of this but if you have any other questions or need clarification, please feel free to ask; Happy Holidays!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 PM

False Justice - thank you!! For being new to this, you sure are a wealth of information!! You've learned a lot faster than I did at the beginning and that will make it a lot easier for you!

Actually, we always go up to Folsom every two months so that we can get full visits each day. Our other son lives in Napa and he goes to FSP about every 6 weeks so we already know that he's likely to be terminated - especially since it's the weekend right before Christmas. I just want to make sure the five of us get to spend a few hours together before they have to leave. Then again, maybe we'll get lucky and there won't be any terminations. I hope that's the case!

Thanks again - you were REALLY helpful! Happy Holidays to you as well!
Closed Thread