Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > ONEIDA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

ONEIDA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located in the ONEIDA HUB - Oneida, Mohawk, Mid-State, Marcy, Hale Creek, Summit, Georgetown, Pharsalia, CNY Psych Ctr.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:29 PM

Default Marcy info

I though I would create my own thread and share some info with anyone who needs it becasue when i first came on here there wasn't anything about Marcy to help me through my hard times. So here it goes, if i left anything of and you need to know please email me.

1. Address
Marcy Correctional Facility
9000 Old River Road
P.O. Box 5000
Marcy, New York 13403-5000
(315) 768-1400 (Oneida County)
(When sending Inmate Mail you must use: P.O. Box 3600, Zip 13403)

2. Visit are Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am to 3:00pm

3. I reside in NY....so i usually catch Mannys Transportation...which by the way I must say was one of the best service ever. The drivers and the bus lady was very nice. They informed us of the different stops...and they wasn't any problems with seating how you left is how you came.
--- The bus arrive at Marcy at 7:30 am you walk to the door, register, freshen up,leave packages if you need to, listen for your name and all is good. You walk through a metal detector if you're clean meaning you not trying to go up in there with no funny business you will be GOOD!!! Hands will be stamp and off to see your love one.

4. The process to go visit him went smoothly....whomever is visiting the inmate his/her name should be on visiting list....Walk with your id....i don't have kids so im not sure about the kids situation such as BirthPaper etc but there were lots of kids on my visit and there's also a play room for the kids.

5. As far as packages you can look into the NYCDOC derictives for info but you are not allowed more than 2pks per mthn with a combining total weigh of 31lbs.

Ok so if i left anything off that may be important please ask and i will be sure to inform you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKWifey For This Useful Post:
clockwise61006 (03-30-2010), dd2010 (04-08-2011), Liana'sMom (06-13-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 08:22 AM
mistyone

The info is great. Thanks. Just one small correction. Inmates are allowed two FOOD packages per month totaling 35 lbs. Non food items (clothes, shoes, toiletries etc.) are not included in that total and can be sent more than twice a month.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM

do you happen to know if you can leave the visit early? say around noon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKWifey View Post
I though I would create my own thread and share some info with anyone who needs it becasue when i first came on here there wasn't anything about Marcy to help me through my hard times. So here it goes, if i left anything of and you need to know please email me.

1. Address
Marcy Correctional Facility
9000 Old River Road
P.O. Box 5000
Marcy, New York 13403-5000
(315) 768-1400 (Oneida County)
(When sending Inmate Mail you must use: P.O. Box 3600, Zip 13403)

2. Visit are Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am to 3:00pm

3. I reside in NY....so i usually catch Mannys Transportation...which by the way I must say was one of the best service ever. The drivers and the bus lady was very nice. They informed us of the different stops...and they wasn't any problems with seating how you left is how you came.
--- The bus arrive at Marcy at 7:30 am you walk to the door, register, freshen up,leave packages if you need to, listen for your name and all is good. You walk through a metal detector if you're clean meaning you not trying to go up in there with no funny business you will be GOOD!!! Hands will be stamp and off to see your love one.

4. The process to go visit him went smoothly....whomever is visiting the inmate his/her name should be on visiting list....Walk with your id....i don't have kids so im not sure about the kids situation such as BirthPaper etc but there were lots of kids on my visit and there's also a play room for the kids.

5. As far as packages you can look into the NYCDOC derictives for info but you are not allowed more than 2pks per mthn with a combining total weigh of 31lbs.

Ok so if i left anything off that may be important please ask and i will be sure to inform you.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Not active-find *********

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,376 Times in 3,006 Posts

of course-you can leave when you want except-some places during guard shift change.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 PM

just wondering if there are any hotels nearby for marcy correctional? might need to take that route because im 3 and 1/2 hrs away and i dont know if i wanna be moving that early in the morning to make the first visit
Old 03-09-2015, 05:48 PM

Can anyone hep me out? I am picking up my son from Marcy Correctional Facility next week. What is the process, the time he would probably be let out? Do I have to check in or something? Thank you in advance for any info.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:05 PM
DnM

Default Updated Marcy Information

Does anyone have updated information on Marcy?

What bus would I catch to go to Marcy? and Where would I catch it?
Liana'sMom (06-13-2015)