Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida County & Metro Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida County & Metro Jails Topics and discussion specific to County & Metro jail facilities in Florida.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:06 AM

Question Orangle County Jail

I will not say the details, but I am in a situation where I'm facing possible jail time.
Outside of a week in a mental hospital once, I have never been locked up and don't know what to expect, outside of what seems to be the norm for all county jails (cold cell, bad tasting food, no privacy, according to some ppl I know personally who have been locked up) and wanted to ask some questions specifically about 33rd cuz that's where I'd be going if I do get arrested.

1) When do they take the cuffs off you when you arrive?
2) Once the officer's cuffs are off, do they leave your hands free, or do they put their set of cuffs on you?
3) What all happens during processing? When are you fingerprinted? Changed into jail clothes? Given a shower? When is your mugshot taken?
4) What kind of questions do the COs ask you?
5) At what point is one transferred to a cell? Is there a waiting area you go into before you're transferred to a cell?
6) What are the conditions like? Is it individual cells or a pod situation? If individual cells, are the doors solid or do they have bars?
7) What's the food like? How much food is on the tray? Do you eat it in your cell/pod, or go to a chow hall?
8) What things are there to do while locked up? Can I write letters to my boyfriend (who is currently in DOC)? To my brother who's out of state (but not locked up)?
I've let my brother know whats going on and he said he'd bond me out if I do go behind bars. Because of his being out of state, I'd have to sit for a week or two though if this happens. Want to know what all it's like and what all to expect! Asking about the womens' side only.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2015, 12:31 PM

Orange County jail is not a very nice place to be locked up. It has some pretty rough people locked up there. Visitation is by video only. Its set up in a pod system. You stated in your post that you were once confined in a mental hospital. Depending on your current state of health, you might be assigned to the mental health pod. The food is the usual carb laden jail fare. Far as whether you can walk uncuffed or not, it depends on their risk assessment and the type of charges.
The Following User Says Thank You to Endstatism For This Useful Post:
Shackle Dodger (07-21-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 11:14 AM

Thanks, my experience in the mental hospital was a wrongful baker act, but mentally I'm ok. Charges would be minor, misdemeanor ones and the food sounds like the same as in the mental hospital