Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Carswell Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Carswell Federal Prisons Topics & Discussions relating to Carswell Federal Prison Camp and Carswell Federal Medical Center located on the Carswell Air Force Base at Fort Worth, Texas.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:10 AM

Default Surrendering to Carswell in 2 days what to expect

Is it as bad as I hear? Going to the camp side sentenced to 24 months. Can I Western Union money to my commissary account ahead of time? Can I send myself paperback books?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicety94 View Post
Is it as bad as I hear? Going to the camp side sentenced to 24 months. Can I Western Union money to my commissary account ahead of time? Can I send myself paperback books?
When do you surrender??
Old 09-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,054 Times in 12,737 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. The rules at the camp will be very manageable. Minimum security camps are the best possible situation in the bop. You can deposit money to your commissary/phone/email account as soon as you know your bop inmate ID # (xxxxx-xxx).
http://www.bop.gov/inmates/communications.jsp#money

You will earn 94 days of good time off of your 24 month sentence, and you will be eligible to serve the last portion of your remaining sentence in a half way house, and/or living at home on home confinement. Ask your unit team the amount of HWH time they will recommend for you.

Here is a link to the bop Carswell web page, for both the federal medical center and the minimum security satellite camp.
http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/crw/

Inmate rules (A&O Handbook), commissary, visitation etc. are explained there.