Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Folsom State Prison, located in Represa, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default FSP Ad-Seg Questions/Issues

This thread is for any questions, issues or information regarding Ad-Seg- Administrative Segregation- AKA "the hole"....
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM

Two questions:
1. I keep sending my man lined paper, white, and blue. I called to be sure I could and they said yes. He hasn't received either one. 2. If they get sick while in ad seg, do they go to the infermery until they get "better"?
Thank you for your time. My man has 2 1/2 more months to go....
Old 01-22-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrifictina View Post
Two questions:
1. I keep sending my man lined paper, white, and blue. I called to be sure I could and they said yes. He hasn't received either one. 2. If they get sick while in ad seg, do they go to the infermery until they get "better"?
Thank you for your time. My man has 2 1/2 more months to go....
Hi, mail at Folsom is pretty slow. It was taking my husband almost 2 weeks to get a letter from me. I think a little longer for them to search packets of paper, envelopes and stamps. Did you send him envelopes and stamps as well..so he can write you back?

For qustion #2: I think it depends on how severly sick he is. If the nurse feels hes sick enough to the point he needs to be taken to the hospital and cant be treated while still in ad-seg then I believe he will be taken to the hospital for treatment until hes well enough to be returned. I hope that helps and I hope your loved one is ok!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM

Lightbulb More Questions

When they say "screen" visit, does that just mean behind glass?
How far is the visitor procesing center from the visiting rooms? (specifically Ad-Seg)
Can I put money on his books while I'm there, or do I just do that online?

I'm going to be a nervous wreck by the time I drive 2 hours, figure out how to get to the prison, figure out where to park, wait for processing, go to the visiting building / room and wait, and THEN....I get to see my man. For the first time. I will be there before he is seated right?

Oh my. I hope I can just try to be calm, and not have any anxiety attacks.
I just keep coming uup with more questions as the week goes on.

Any advice you have is well appreciated....I just need some reassurance that I'll be okay.

Thank you.....Tina
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
When they say "screen" visit, does that just mean behind glass?
How far is the visitor procesing center from the visiting rooms? (specifically Ad-Seg)
Can I put money on his books while I'm there, or do I just do that online?

I'm going to be a nervous wreck by the time I drive 2 hours, figure out how to get to the prison, figure out where to park, wait for processing, go to the visiting building / room and wait, and THEN....I get to see my man. For the first time. I will be there before he is seated right?

Oh my. I hope I can just try to be calm, and not have any anxiety attacks.
I just keep coming uup with more questions as the week goes on.

Any advice you have is well appreciated....I just need some reassurance that I'll be okay.

Thank you.....Tina

Yes, a screen visit is behind the glass..why they call it a screen visit is beyond me lol

The prison does not accept money in person~the quickest way to get $ posted to his books is through jpay online or through moneygram

Once you find your way to the prison you will go allllllll the way down prison road (passing a side road that leads to ca state prison sacramento-dont turn there)..you will see a huge parking lot on your left hand side..park in that parking lot and go towards the visiting processing building..the officers only open the door every 30 mins. Make sure to be a few mins before they told you to arrive just to make sure you dont miss your apt. When the officer opens the door he/she will call out for "camp" and something screen visits..he will then call out all the scheduled apts by inmates last name. If for some reason he doesnt call out for screen visits or you dont hear your inmates last name being called make sure to tell him you have a screen visit scheduled for 'such and such' time
Once you are inside you will line up and get checked in by the officers at the desk. They will need his cdc# and your ID. After you are checked in just have a seat and wait for the inmates name to be called again. When you hear his name walk up to the calling officer and show him/her your ID and follow outside where you will wait for your group to gather and be taken down to another gate where you show your ID once more and get a hand stamp..after the hand stamp you will have your belongings searched and you will need to go through the metal detector. Once everyone is searched the officers will take you down to the visiting room and you will either see him sitting at the window or you will be told what window # he will be at.
I know that it sounds like a lot but it really isnt..thats the full version of what to expect plus once you see him it will all be worth it

Keep the questions coming Im in the same boat as you as its going to be our first visit at a new prison this weekend..im in the other forum asking away..they probably think im banannas already hehe jk

Take a deep breath..everything will be ok

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsMoran916 For This Useful Post:
ladydan2012 (01-23-2013), terrifictina (01-24-2013)
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM

Thumbs up WOW! Thank you!!!!

Thanks for the step by step walk through. I'm a visual learner, and that's exactly what I needed. Awesome.
One question you forgot....lol
About putting money on his books.

Thank you for calming me down a bit.
Also, after they go through my things...(purse) do I put it in a locker? Can I take pen and paper with me? or just nothing at all?

What prison did your man get moved to?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the step by step walk through. I'm a visual learner, and that's exactly what I needed. Awesome.
One question you forgot....lol
About putting money on his books.

Thank you for calming me down a bit.
Also, after they go through my things...(purse) do I put it in a locker? Can I take pen and paper with me? or just nothing at all?

What prison did your man get moved to?
Glad I can help

My answer is up there about putting money on his books..you must have skipped over it with all my other jibber jabber

When you go into the visitor processing building there are lockers available to put your purse in but you do have to bring your own lock. You can take a clear coin bag down with you but I doubt you will be eating in front of him while hes stuck behind the glass

Pen and paper are not allowed. You can take your ID, 1 key (w/ no attachments) and a coin purse with change. Make sure you go over the dress code and no underwire bra..you dont want to have to be asked to change especially with screen visits because it cuts into your time.

My hubby has moved to DVI in Tracy

Old 01-25-2013, 01:21 PM

Smile LOL My bad

Ha, I didn't even read that second sentence. I went straight for how the processing goes!!!!

Thanks for the good information. Basically, leave my purse in the car. Bring ID, Key & a coin purse. (does that have to be clear?) I'm definetly going to want a soda!!!! Yeah, and I'm not gonna eat in front of him....that's mean!!! hee hee

Going to try and buy some black jeans tomorrow. (the button won't set off the detector will it?) And I'm thinking of wearing a black shirt, with a sheer black and blue shirt over it. What do you think?

Thanks so much.....
Tina
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Ladii Loce 4ever

Yea leave ur purse n the car u can have dollar bills any coins except pennies and YES it has to b a clear coin purse Walmart has them on there makeup bag area for like 2.00! No the metal detector shouldn't go off with ur jeans I wore them b4 no issues! And for ur shirt that's a issue just try to do a solid top stay away from blues & army green and not low cute also no layering I pretty much stick with all black r purple r pinks! Good luck & enjoy ur visit

The Following User Says Thank You to ladydan2012 For This Useful Post:
terrifictina (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 05:09 PM

Default Super FIRST Visit to my MAN :)

Thank you everyone!!! All good advice. It helped me a lot.
I wore these black nylon pants, kinda baggy and kinda tight, but I wore a black and red and white shirt over my butt. The officer doing the processing didn't say anything while he was checking me in. Then when they started calling names, they all kept yelling my man's name... they didn't know who called down for him. I jokingly said to the same C.O. that processed me, "I hope you guys called him..." And he was like, "what?" I told him I was joking and that the inmate they were all checking on, was who I was there to visit. He look at me like "Yeah and..." then he looks down and looks back up and says to me, "Don't wear those pants again"...... Okay. He went through the whole tight crap, the spandex....blah blah blah. And I just said okay.
As I'm walking down the hill, there's ladies wearing all sorts of tight ass pants. Skinny jeans, tight velour, tight as hell pink, white, burnt orange jeans....and so on. So I'm thinking..."Really?" (and he's telling me what NOT to wear???) These women mind you, have been there awhile. And I have nothing against that. It's just that a rule is a rule. Everybody is supposed tho follow the RULES. And it really pisses me off when Prison guards do crap like that. Pick and choose.... So immature. This particular C.O knew half of them by name....(obviously he has favorites and loves his authority!!) No bother..... On I went. Needless to say, the next C.O. I spoke with was decent to me. I just made sure he directed me the correct way to Ad-Seg, cuz my man wasn't going to be walking around with all those peeps out on the patio.... So, in I went. A little overwhelming with all the noise, but I just looked for my man.
He was very excited to see me. He looked like a little kid waiting for the ice-cream truck. Sitting behind that glass, smiling and waving... Funny guy!
I am so glad I followed my heart months ago. We had a great visit...However, he had some bad news. He is getting transferred Wednesday to Corcoran.... that's 5 hours away. But we'll make it work. All the more exciting and adventurous!!!
Sorry bout my long story!!!! .... And thank you ALL once again for your great advice. It helped so much in making my visit more relaxing.
God Bless.
Tina
The Following User Says Thank You to terrifictina For This Useful Post:
ladydan2012 (02-02-2013)
Old 12-04-2015, 10:48 PM

Default the hole

I have a question it s about mail. if your getting mail on regular basis and then all of a sudden it stopes its been three weeks since i heard can someone tell me is that normal does that mean something bad. or can they stop his mail or can someone tell me whats going on cause its not like my husband not to stay in touch with me. HELP PLEASE