Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Carswell Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Carswell Federal Prisons Topics & Discussions relating to Carswell Federal Prison Camp and Carswell Federal Medical Center located on the Carswell Air Force Base at Fort Worth, Texas.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:29 PM

Default Carswell Federal Prison-how to transfer from medical center to camp?

Hi,

I would like to know the procedure for transferring from Carswell Medical Center to Carswell Camp?

Thanks,
Christine
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2016, 08:36 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,035 Times in 12,727 Posts

The transfer would have to be initiated by the unit team, counselor, case manager and unit manager, so that's where the process needs to begin. Two considerations will be having "camp" custody points, and the ability of the camp to provide appropriate medical care.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:32 PM

I just found out I am going to Carswell and hope it is the Camp side. Been doing a lot of reading on the Medical side and it is a little scary. Am I correct in being scared, or has it improved since these articles were written? l
Old 02-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Concerned Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyrae2015 View Post
I just found out I am going to Carswell and hope it is the Camp side. Been doing a lot of reading on the Medical side and it is a little scary. Am I correct in being scared, or has it improved since these articles were written? l

Hello Vicky,
My wife's there now and the Medical side is rough, but from what I'm told they treat you the same on both sides, but the camp is better. We found out some answers for another woman going. She is assigned the camp side so she's lucky.
If you go into the Medical side you'll be given an evaluation. That's the time you can let them know you would like an opportunity to be considered for the camp. Give them the reasons you think why they would consider it.

My wife brought her medical records in along with her legal paperwork. She was able to keep the legal papers, but the medical was taken from her and disappeared. We were ready for this and had two more copies ready and her lawyer sent them in right away to replace the first set.
If you have someone that can be ready to send them in your behalf that would be best to have a copy with them.

Be strong and ready to be taken off of all medications. Unfortunately my wife developed an upper respiratory infection two days before she went in and the antibiotics she was given by the doctor was taken away.
All her meds were taken and she eventually got most of them 8-12 days later, but at reduced levels and generic replacements.
They don't provide pain medications and my wife was taken off hers and still doesn't get them. Even after two accidents caused by the facility she received no pain medications. She has three disabilities that put her on pain medications for the last 10 years and now she goes cold turkey.
She suffers daily, but is surviving day to day.

Dewey
Old 02-20-2016, 08:59 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

I'm sorry for what your wife is experiencing in the bop "medical center". Chronic pain is treated by the bop with over the counter pain meds purchased from the commissary, period. Brutal for sure, but that's how they deal with (aka ignore) the problem. She should have aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprofen and naproxen available, so tell her to figure out which one(s) that provide her the most relief.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Concerned Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I'm sorry for what your wife is experiencing in the bop "medical center". Chronic pain is treated by the bop with over the counter pain meds purchased from the commissary, period. Brutal for sure, but that's how they deal with (aka ignore) the problem. She should have aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprofen and naproxen available, so tell her to figure out which one(s) that provide her the most relief.

FBopnomore,
I understand what you're saying, but the level of pain that my wife is going through with:

fibromyalgia, chronic nerve pain, back and knee pain and more that I would have to dig up simple over the counter aspirin doesn't help her at all.

They say they are a medical facility, but that is a sham because the don't have the support staff or the funding to be one!!!

It is INHUMAN for them to treat my wife the way they are. They even tried giving another inmate that I'm monitoring a blog they are sending outdated and spoiled medicines. She needs insulin injections for diabetes type 2 and she could see the warning signs through the syringe of out of date medicine. When they asked the nurse administering what the expiration date was they looked at the bottle and "himed and hawed" and didn't give an answer.

Over the counter pain medications CAN'T help. They are capable of providing the correct pain meds because my wife's cell/room mate is receiving it. The issue is she had to wait 18 months to get it.
This is clearly UNACCEPTABLE!!!

It is believed by many that the doctor had their license revoked, yet they are allowed to practice on inmates. I've got the name of the doctor and I'm going through Medical Board to verify.

With all of my wife's medical conditions they should have given her house arrest for the little crime she was involved in. She didn't even know it was a crime, her best friend just had her typing up paperwork.

A dentist in California raped eight women in his chair with one being a nine year old. Because it was a state crime and he had medical conditions he only got one year house arrest or home confinement.
He should have been executed for the little girl.

My wife doesn't deserve to be tortured for 18 months for what little she was involved in. It wasn't drugs, or any violent crime, all she was doing was paperwork for a close friend that turned out to be a criminal. She didn't even get paid for it.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

I totally agree with you, but unfortunately "it is what it is". The only time in 5 years that I received appropriate pain meds (according to my pre and post prison doctors) was when I was moved to a real hospital for a month. When I was moved from there to FMC Butner, it was back to the OTC-only medications.

It was brutal. In addition, I required a total hip replacement, which is extremely, constantly painful. The bop doctor at my first prison agreed, and put me in for the operation. When I was released, the operation was still "pending", and my condition had gotten much worse.

I don't know if it will work for you, but fedcure is sometimes helpful in getting medical care that is being withheld by the bop.
http://www.fedcure.org/index.shtml#.Vsiv2OTSmrw

It was very common. One poor guy walked around for months with an abscessed tooth; no antibiotics, no pain meds (no dentist either) and he was actively looking for a pair of pliers so he could pull his own tooth. There are no second opinions available.