Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC), located in Jamestown, California.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2015, 02:15 PM
kiki2015 kiki2015 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: sierra
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Questions/ new to this- transferred- phone/mail issues

My father got transferred to Sierra, and I'm not sure when. Last letter we received from him, the return address said he was at Wasco state prison. I'm familiar with the phone policy (or lack there of) at Wasco, but not at Sierra. I haven't heard from him since he has been there, not by letter or by phone. My question is, because it is considered a rehabilitation center as well, do they go through a time period where they can not write or make phone calls? I put money on his books, so I know that is not the issue. he was writing very regularly. and then all of a sudden...nothing. Also what is their phone policy?
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Staystrong Staystrong is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 72
Thanks: 64
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki2015 View Post
My father got transferred to Sierra, and I'm not sure when. Last letter we received from him, the return address said he was at Wasco state prison. I'm familiar with the phone policy (or lack there of) at Wasco, but not at Sierra. I haven't heard from him since he has been there, not by letter or by phone. My question is, because it is considered a rehabilitation center as well, do they go through a time period where they can not write or make phone calls? I put money on his books, so I know that is not the issue. he was writing very regularly. and then all of a sudden...nothing. Also what is their phone policy?
Check the inmate locator page so you can get a date of his arrival at sierra. Also, you can get his housing information by calling 209-984-5291 and pick option 3 for inmate records. So you can write to him. I know that getting phones calls are difficult because there are a lot of people waiting and not enough phones. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Staystrong For This Useful Post:
HisOun2008 (06-04-2015)
  #3  
Old 06-04-2015, 10:12 AM
HisOun2008 HisOun2008 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My husband was recently transferred to Sierra. Was also wondering about the phone policies. It is unlike him to not call or keep in touch if possible. I figured the inmates may be having restrictions due to the recent riot that occurred ? He hasn't even been there a week tho, so maybe I'm being impatient. But it's hard not knowing how he is doing. Thanks for the post inti. Now I know that phones are limited.
  #4  
Old 06-05-2015, 02:15 AM
audreysntg audreysntg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: California
Posts: 21
Thanks: 115
Thanked 22 Times in 9 Posts
Default

They can only call when they get out of their dorm, which is usually for yard. I didn't get a call for about a week when my fiancé got there last month. Initially he was was in one yard that worked on a lottery system and he was having a hard time getting a call. Then he was transferred and it worked a little differently, usually they make an appointment three days in advance or wait for an open phone. Now he's in vocational and he only gets yard every three days, so the calls are fewer. It's been hard to adjust to because I thought the calls would be a lot more regular. The post above is accurate though; there are hundreds of guys trying to use very few phones. I'm sure the riot has made it even more difficult because they have been on a modified schedule, with canceled yard times. Don't worry though, he will call.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audreysntg For This Useful Post:
HisOun2008 (06-05-2015)
  #5  
Old 06-05-2015, 08:21 AM
HisOun2008 HisOun2008 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile

Thank you Audreysntg that really helps clear things up ! Yeah, I was really looking forward to him calling after reception. It's going on 5mos without a phone call ! Would you recommend adding funds for calls ahead of time or is that possible ? Thx again !
The Following User Says Thank You to HisOun2008 For This Useful Post:
audreysntg (06-06-2015)
  #6  
Old 06-06-2015, 02:03 AM
audreysntg audreysntg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: California
Posts: 21
Thanks: 115
Thanked 22 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Yes, I'm glad you asked because that is something I forgot to mention. Set up a calling account with GTL, 800-483-8314, right away so that when he does call you can talk the whole 10-15 min. Otherwise they'll only give you 60 seconds and he won't have enough time to call you back. I hope you hear from him soon! Are you approved to visit? Message me if there's anything else you have a question about and I'll try to answer for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to audreysntg For This Useful Post:
HisOun2008 (06-06-2015)
  #7  
Old 08-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Rivas30's Avatar
Rivas30 Rivas30 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ca
Posts: 11
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreysntg View Post
Yes, I'm glad you asked because that is something I forgot to mention. Set up a calling account with GTL, 800-483-8314, right away so that when he does call you can talk the whole 10-15 min. Otherwise they'll only give you 60 seconds and he won't have enough time to call you back. I hope you hear from him soon! Are you approved to visit? Message me if there's anything else you have a question about and I'll try to answer for you.
hi,I have a question about mail,my boyfriends been there like 3wks and never recieved none of the mail ive sent,would u no how long it takes them to inspect and sort threw it?
  #8  
Old 08-01-2015, 05:21 PM
audreysntg audreysntg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: California
Posts: 21
Thanks: 115
Thanked 22 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Usually, I'd say it takes about 10 days to two weeks for him to get it, from when I send it out. However, my LO hasn't been getting any mail from me in about two weeks. He said they've hardly even been passing any out in his dorm, so I think the mail room is lagging pretty bad right now. Also, in the beginning it does take a little longer for the mail to catch up to them. I know how disappointing it is when you're sending them stuff to show your love and support, and they're not receiving it, but it'll get to him.
  #9  
Old 08-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Rivas30's Avatar
Rivas30 Rivas30 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ca
Posts: 11
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreysntg View Post
Usually, I'd say it takes about 10 days to two weeks for him to get it, from when I send it out. However, my LO hasn't been getting any mail from me in about two weeks. He said they've hardly even been passing any out in his dorm, so I think the mail room is lagging pretty bad right now. Also, in the beginning it does take a little longer for the mail to catch up to them. I know how disappointing it is when you're sending them stuff to show your love and support, and they're not receiving it, but it'll get to him.
thank you so much for the reply. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
  #10  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:31 PM
CAdreaming CAdreaming is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 140
Thanks: 19
Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
Default

I need to know once and for all what type of large envelopes I can send to the inmate. I sent a supply of large envelopes with the pull off tape so that it can be sealed, they were confiscated. The inmate was told he can have these. Can he have the clasp or the lick type?
  #11  
Old 08-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Rivas30's Avatar
Rivas30 Rivas30 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ca
Posts: 11
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

The envelopes with the sticky tape they can not have.You can send any white sized envelopes but the lick one's only,and if I'm not mistaken only 40.Hope that helps
  #12  
Old 08-28-2015, 03:54 PM
tglsmom's Avatar
tglsmom tglsmom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 1,700
Thanks: 4,355
Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAdreaming View Post
I need to know once and for all what type of large envelopes I can send to the inmate. I sent a supply of large envelopes with the pull off tape so that it can be sealed, they were confiscated. The inmate was told he can have these. Can he have the clasp or the lick type?
I've never sent large envelopes, but I do send a lot of letter size envelopes. A long time ago when I first sent them, I sent 40 peel and seal envelopes but they were rejected. Since then I've always sent the kind that have to be licked. I do send him things in larger envelopes that are peel and seal and they get through fine. I'm not sure why the inmate was told that he can have the peel and seal ones to send out, but you'd probably be safer sending him the envelopes that have to be licked before he sends them out of the prison. After all, we can't use metal either so what else is there to send? Best of luck!
  #13  
Old 09-01-2015, 03:48 PM
CAdreaming CAdreaming is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 140
Thanks: 19
Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglsmom View Post
I've never sent large envelopes, but I do send a lot of letter size envelopes. A long time ago when I first sent them, I sent 40 peel and seal envelopes but they were rejected. Since then I've always sent the kind that have to be licked. I do send him things in larger envelopes that are peel and seal and they get through fine. I'm not sure why the inmate was told that he can have the peel and seal ones to send out, but you'd probably be safer sending him the envelopes that have to be licked before he sends them out of the prison. After all, we can't use metal either so what else is there to send? Best of luck!
Thank you, now I know not send peel and stick envelopes. I send large envelopes because the inmate is working on a case and he needs the larger ones to send documents to the court.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAdreaming For This Useful Post:
tglsmom (09-03-2015)
  #14  
Old 09-03-2015, 12:21 PM
tglsmom's Avatar
tglsmom tglsmom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 1,700
Thanks: 4,355
Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAdreaming View Post
Thank you, now I know not send peel and stick envelopes. I send large envelopes because the inmate is working on a case and he needs the larger ones to send documents to the court.
You're welcome. I hope he won't have any problems from now on.
  #15  
Old 04-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Hissoul
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivas30 View Post
The envelopes with the sticky tape they can not have.You can send any white sized envelopes but the lick one's only,and if I'm not mistaken only 40.Hope that helps

They must have changed their rules, because I've sent my hubby the kind of envelopes where you peel off the sticky, and also they were pre-stamped envelopes, and they've gotten thru just fine..
  #16  
Old 04-12-2016, 12:51 AM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 11,033
Thanks: 14,859
Thanked 21,900 Times in 7,765 Posts
Default

Please help keep our forums easy to search by using the appropriate thread for your questions.

SCC Mail here
SCC Phones here
SCC Newbie (new arrivals) here

The OP's questions have been answered and this thread is now closed.

Thanks for your help in keeping PTO user friendly!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions & Issues re MAIL BIGGIRL123 Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California 125 12-22-2010 11:46 AM
Questions/Issues re: the MAIL L1L_FLACA California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi 571 12-09-2010 09:19 AM
CMF Mail Issues/Questions sweetangel91369 California Medical Facility (CMF) - Vacaville 31 12-08-2010 06:58 AM
He was transferred to mycf-mail questions sarrahhhsayys New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 3 11-16-2009 09:22 PM
He is being transferred, have mail questions SweetBlondie Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 14 05-14-2009 06:32 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics