Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Massachusetts that do not fit into any other Massachusetts sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,837 Times in 7,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nynah View Post
looking to see how others deal with being in love with a man incacerated
Welcome to PTO and the Massachusetts Forum! I hope you find all the support and information that I did when I joined this site.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 PM

Talking Hello everyone :) Just joined!!

My boyfriend & I met about 9 years or so ago when he was just released from prison. He got himself in some more trouble & ended back in again in only 3 months. He had 2 years. We stayed together for about a year & 1/2. I met someone else & thought I fell in love. My dream was to get married & have kids. I was about to turn 30 & I felt under pressure. So I married him & had a child right away. Only to find out that my ex just got paroled, but seeing I was married & expecting a child I felt stuck. I felt like I had to make this family work for my child's sake & I didn't believe in divorce. I was nothing but miserable & wasn't in love with him! I never fell out of love with my ex!!! My husband eventually starting beating me. So, I am divorcing him & it's been going on for 3 years now. Ugh!! I'm expecting a final hearing hopefully in the fall.

I tried dating again, but couldn't & didn't want to let anyone else in. My ex has never left my heart & I believe he is my soul mate, I always did. I knew he was back in prison again. I broke his heart before & I have nothing but regrets. I do believe everything happens for a reason & for whatever reason we weren't meant to be at that time. Maybe he wasn't ready to change.

I heard a song a few weeks ago that my ex dedicated to me. I'd always changed it before because it broke my heart to listen to it, but this time I had to hear it. At this point, I had to find him again. I searched for him & found out he is in Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, MA. I wrote him & then had to see him. Once I saw him, I knew with my all heart & soul that all I ever wanted or needed was him. I am lucky to be back in a relationship with him. I feel as if we never lost touch. True love will always find it's way back!! You can try to change your thoughts, but you can't change your heart. He is now bettering himself with programs & vocational ed soon. We are getting engaged & are considering getting married in prison. Not my ideal wedding, but I will do anything for him.

I learned from my mistake & I will never leave him again. I never felt such strong devotion to someone. I will not make the same mistake again & live with another regret!! I know with his deep desire to change & my intense dedication to him, we will always be together until the end....just like we always wanted. I found this site & was so excited!! I'm just looking for support & I am also here for informational purposes as well. My family doesn't support me & no one understands how you could be so in love with someone who is in prison when you could be with someone on the outside. Thanks for listening to my long sap story lol! Hope everyone is staying strong & doing well, thanks again!!

Last edited by kb223378; 03-31-2012 at 06:33 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 PM

Talking Hello everyone :) Just joined!!

Last edited by kb223378; 03-31-2012 at 06:39 PM..
Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 AM

I am glad for you to be happy again. I met my man through a penpalsite about three yrs ago, we are together as a couple for 2,5 yrs with plans to get married. He was in Shirley for almost ten yrs and is now since a year plus in Norfolk.
Good luck for you and your man...........just saying hi

It is not that life gets more easy, but much more that we get more strong.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 PM
A Friend of the System

hello. im not new here but i am back.. with many new and old friends still in the system
just wanted to say hello to everyone
Old 04-18-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTONSBABY24 View Post
hello. im not new here but i am back.. with many new and old friends still in the system
just wanted to say hello to everyone
Welcome back!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:26 PM

Hi everyone! I am new to this web-site and am glad to be here. My son is incarcerated in ECSD, Middleton, MA. He is awaiting trial and its been a long scary time....over a year now> Just wanted to say thank u for all of u who share ur experiences. I need all the moral support i can get, as do all of us. Its easier being on the outside of course but it's also tough. God Bless U all!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb223378 View Post
My boyfriend & I met about 9 years or so ago when he was just released from prison. He got himself in some more trouble & ended back in again in only 3 months. He had 2 years. We stayed together for about a year & 1/2. I met someone else & thought I fell in love. My dream was to get married & have kids. I was about to turn 30 & I felt under pressure. So I married him & had a child right away. Only to find out that my ex just got paroled, but seeing I was married & expecting a child I felt stuck. I felt like I had to make this family work for my child's sake & I didn't believe in divorce. I was nothing but miserable & wasn't in love with him! I never fell out of love with my ex!!! My husband eventually starting beating me. So, I am divorcing him & it's been going on for 3 years now. Ugh!! I'm expecting a final hearing hopefully in the fall.

I tried dating again, but couldn't & didn't want to let anyone else in. My ex has never left my heart & I believe he is my soul mate, I always did. I knew he was back in prison again. I broke his heart before & I have nothing but regrets. I do believe everything happens for a reason & for whatever reason we weren't meant to be at that time. Maybe he wasn't ready to change.

I heard a song a few weeks ago that my ex dedicated to me. I'd always changed it before because it broke my heart to listen to it, but this time I had to hear it. At this point, I had to find him again. I searched for him & found out he is in Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, MA. I wrote him & then had to see him. Once I saw him, I knew with my all heart & soul that all I ever wanted or needed was him. I am lucky to be back in a relationship with him. I feel as if we never lost touch. True love will always find it's way back!! You can try to change your thoughts, but you can't change your heart. He is now bettering himself with programs & vocational ed soon. We are getting engaged & are considering getting married in prison. Not my ideal wedding, but I will do anything for him.

I learned from my mistake & I will never leave him again. I never felt such strong devotion to someone. I will not make the same mistake again & live with another regret!! I know with his deep desire to change & my intense dedication to him, we will always be together until the end....just like we always wanted. I found this site & was so excited!! I'm just looking for support & I am also here for informational purposes as well. My family doesn't support me & no one understands how you could be so in love with someone who is in prison when you could be with someone on the outside. Thanks for listening to my long sap story lol! Hope everyone is staying strong & doing well, thanks again!!
Thank u for sharing ur story with us. I am a mother with an 18 y.o. son in jail at Essex County in Middleton MA. I can't relate to being "in love" with someone on the inside, but I sure can relate to loving someone incarcerated. It is very hard. U know,I used to think that i could "change" someone or "fix"them to suit my perception of how they or what they could be, and it never worx!! So i was glad to read that ur man was making positive changes for himself before u got reunited. I truly hope all goes well with ur relationship and I also hope he will be coming home soon. Good Luck and God Bless. Hope to hear more from u!!!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 PM

Hi All, im not exacly new to this, its my second time around. My friend is back in Norfolk for violation of parole, only has about 6months though. Last time he was in for 6years, i met him when he was already there. We were together for 2years in, and about 3months when he got out lol. He still remains my friend though, and we do write all the time. To say it ended badly would be an understatement, but he got paroled 2.5 hours away. So no suprise. Im into this with eyes wide open. I know how it works and im not naive. Many people think so, think Im crazy, but i know these guys need someone to talk to. I hate the thought of someone who is so close to me being back in that place, and not have any support. I dont mean in the money sense, that doesnt happen w me. But he knows im always here for him to write to or even b!tch at if he is stressed. Im smarter now, but he always has a piece of my heart.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilp View Post
Hi All, im not exacly new to this, its my second time around. My friend is back in Norfolk for violation of parole, only has about 6months though. Last time he was in for 6years, i met him when he was already there. We were together for 2years in, and about 3months when he got out lol. He still remains my friend though, and we do write all the time. To say it ended badly would be an understatement, but he got paroled 2.5 hours away. So no suprise. Im into this with eyes wide open. I know how it works and im not naive. Many people think so, think Im crazy, but i know these guys need someone to talk to. I hate the thought of someone who is so close to me being back in that place, and not have any support. I dont mean in the money sense, that doesnt happen w me. But he knows im always here for him to write to or even b!tch at if he is stressed. Im smarter now, but he always has a piece of my heart.
Wow it's very hard to even find people like you who would do all this for just a friend at this point! I'm new to this my husband has barely a week in Walpole and I'm dying without him! I find a lot of support on this website and would like to make more friends and people who can relate to me!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:42 PM

Smile New bie

Hello Everyone, I hope your doing as well as can be expected. My neice/god-daughter was sentenced to MCI Framingham for 6 to 9 years, she has a 14 month old baby, and I'm just trying to find out all I can do to support her and get her thru this time, any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated..........thanks so much
Old 01-26-2014, 09:28 PM

Hey I will most likely be going in to middlesex house of correction in about a week when I go to trial for 6 months to a year to be honest aim new to all of this and have no idea how this is going to go I'm so lost and I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me with some information on how this is going to go I heard from a friend that you are locked in a tiny cell for 23 hours a day and that's scaring me because I think I might go nuts. Them someone else told me about classes you can take and work and all that I'm just so lost and would like to know if anyone can help me find out what the process will be like when I get there if and if your actually locked up in the cell for 23 hours I'm actually nervous to be honest the most I have done is overnight at the police station
Old 05-23-2014, 03:07 PM

Default wmrwcc

hello, i'm new sort of been doing this for about a month the took her away for 2.5 I'm here trying to put the pieces together for me and my two and a half year old boy trying to get through the loneliness and what she did to us and the lye's for so long .I'm glad i fount this site its nice to know. i'm not alone im trying to figure if im strong enough to go the hole thing with parole were talking 7.5 years before it can be called over and how to forgive her

thank you for reading
Old 05-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,876 Times in 859 Posts
Default Hi

Make sure you go to the forum for girlfriends/wives in prison. Look for a daycare voucher for your child if you don't have family support. There is a great counselling service in Tyngsboro if you're in the area. I know they take a few health insurances. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:54 PM

Post mass girl

hello everyone,
I am from Massachusetts and my fiance' is in Norfolk correctional facility. I am trying to learn my way around the prison talk site..trying to connect with other woman that understand what I go through being engaged to someone incarcerated. if anyone would like to talk more please feel free to contact me..hope to hear from you soon!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:24 PM

Default Québec and Massachusets in love!

Hello! Im from Québec and my boyfriend is in Gardnet jail. I met him by the website writeaprisoner. As you can understand, at the begining, he was my penpal but then his letters turned to flirt and love...soooo cute story. I go see him every week end. Its very difficult cause its a 4h30 drive. I can see in his eyes and his gesture how much he loves me !

I already introduce myself on the thread: Introduce yourself. You can go take a look. I hope I'll get connected with gentle people. What I am living is very difficult as probably many of you. Peace
Josy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Heather View Post
Hey all!

I see that we are getting new visitors to our forum! WELCOME!!!! Please take a minute and say hello and introduce yourselves

A little about me, and my PTO history.

I first joined PTO back in 2003. Let me tell you what a relief I felt when I found this place. At that time, I was just "reunited" with an ex, who had been in prison for 5 years. (on a 19-20). Anywho... I found PTO, and started to learn more and more about the MDOC, and prison in general. I never really realized what a complicated mess our system was until I was thrown into the mix of it.

My ex and I eventually broke it off. I felt that although I loved him very much... I couldn't be in this relationship. It takes a very strong woman, and a very strong love to make it through this... I felt like our relationship, although we were both strong people and did have love for eachother... in the end it wasn't enough. I needed more. So we broke it off, but he is still my very best friend.

I am now madly in love with someone on the outside, but I still spend alot of time here on PTO. Like I said, I remember how scared and confused I was when I first made it here... I remain here now, because of the support system... honestly, I've never seen anything like it.

So please check in and post with me! Let me know whats going on, how you've been so on and so forth! Add a little life to the Mass forum!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:51 PM

Default Hi

My name is Iris.. My boyfriend is in the Mass Doc. I am planning on visiting with him this weekend and wish I had someone to ride with.

I am from the capitol district.. New York... albany... Is anyone else here from the albany area..

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Irisdealbany For This Useful Post:
shs76 (05-06-2016)
Closed Thread