Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Arkansas Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Need Info On Sentencing

MY BEST FRIENDS SON GOT BUSTED FOR MANUFACTURING METH AND HAD WEAPONS AS WELL. SHE IS SOOOOO SICK THIS IS HER YOUNGEST SON . DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE PENALTIES FOR THESE CHARGES IN MILLER COUNTY ARKANSAS. SHE KNOWS THEY ARE REAL BAD BUT DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE LEGAL PENALITES ARE. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Last edited by gigi v; 04-01-2005 at 08:10 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2005, 06:34 AM

Yikes. It seems that people with meth charges get their sentences "on the Y" or "the 70% rule" That means he'll have to serve 70% of the time he's sentenced for. The prosecutor will offer a plea agreement. Consider it carefully, and remember you can't fight it later.
Sorry about your friends' news Gigi. We're here for y'all.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:06 AM

Go to the A.D.C. web site and look at the guys there with meth charges. I am on parole and I was in with alot of guys with way too many years left to do because of meth charges. They can give him life if they want to especially with the guns and drugs together. Sorry for the bad news, but there is nothing good about a meth charge. He will serve atleast 70% of whatever time they give him though.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:30 PM

Gigi - My fiancee was sentenced in Miller county for manuf. of meth and possession of drug par. he got 15 years but they waved the 70% on him. He was really lucky. There is another in with him that got 12 without 70%. They just passed the law to drop 70% down to 50% of their time. but for now the 70% law still stands. But he can get lucky enough to miss it. Hope this helps. Most of the time it is according to the prosecutor. I'll be praying for ya'll.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:56 PM

Thanks Everyone For The Info I Will Pass It On. It Seems When It Rains It Pours. My Friend Woke Up This Morning And Her House Was Flooded With Sewer, Whats Next?
Old 03-31-2016, 01:18 PM

hi my nname is Steve .I am on house arrest with no braclet waiting for bed space in the ADC .I got 5 years for the sale of marijuana does anyone how long I will be out till bed space opens up and how mch time I will do on 5 years for a non vilonet offence
Old 04-27-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo123 View Post
hi my nname is Steve .I am on house arrest with no braclet waiting for bed space in the ADC .I got 5 years for the sale of marijuana does anyone how long I will be out till bed space opens up and how mch time I will do on 5 years for a non vilonet offence
I do not know how long it will be for a bed, depends on how crowded, but you will go to Ouachita River Intake first in Malvern. You should do only 1/6 on 5 years. Good Luck to you
Old 06-28-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi v View Post
MY BEST FRIENDS SON GOT BUSTED FOR MANUFACTURING METH AND HAD WEAPONS AS WELL. SHE IS SOOOOO SICK THIS IS HER YOUNGEST SON . DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE PENALTIES FOR THESE CHARGES IN MILLER COUNTY ARKANSAS. SHE KNOWS THEY ARE REAL BAD BUT DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE LEGAL PENALITES ARE. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
The Manufacturing Meth over 2 grams (severity level 7) is a Class Y felony, the most serious in Arkansas. It carries 10 to 40 years or life and he will have to serve 70% of his sentence. If the manufacturing is less than 2 grams (severity level 6) then it is a Class C felony carrying 3-10 years.

The simultaneous possession of guns and drugs is also a class Y requiring him to serve 70% of his sentence.

This is the information, but it isn't good.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo123 View Post

it seems absolutely ridiculous that you will have to go to ADC from house arrest on a Marijuana sale charge. Talk to your lawyer. Now, it depends on availability of beds. You could be waiting anywhere from 30 to 90 days. The length of your sentence depends on how much you had in your possession. Again, talk to your lawyer about when you'd be eligible for parole.

Good luck.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenae View Post
I do not know how long it will be for a bed, depends on how crowded, but you will go to Ouachita River Intake first in Malvern. You should do only 1/6 on 5 years. Good Luck to you
The ADC does not go by 1/6 or 1/4. Its either 1/2 or 1/3.