Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Tennessee Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:26 PM

Post Looking for Visit info @ Turney Center Industrial Complex

Will be going to visit there soon and was just wondering how visits were? I've only been to WTSP, and I know each facility is different (like TCIX has table visits etc) but are the processing procedures and dress code pretty much the same ? How are visitation staff etc ? Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to amoreterno13 For This Useful Post:
writingtorobert (11-06-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Donation Award 

I would like to know too I may not be able to visit till September but still...
Old 11-10-2016, 02:12 AM

You can look it up in the policy but it is basically the same all around TN, kinda strict here though
Old 11-10-2016, 04:50 PM

I read through their book, it's the same as wtsp but guess it really all comes down to who's working that day lol that's how it was @ wtsp anyways. I always follow rules regardless to make it easier on myself. Are they good about getting them to the VG quick ? Wtsp was bad about that, sometimes I would be waiting forever for them to let him out.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Donation Award 

Are we in the visit room first or is the inmate in there already? Do they have plastic chairs or metal chairs?
Old 12-06-2016, 01:57 AM

So I went to visit my LO this past Sunday. Not a bad experience at all, my only complaint is that their processing of visitors is so SLOW! I arrived right @ 8am, signed the little slip & waited what seemed like forever for my # to be called and then forever again to actually go through the metal detector/pat down etc. By the time I got to the VG it was 8:45 & he was walking in at the exact same time lol I kind of liked that though for this first visit because we haven't seen each other in almost 3 years so it took a little of the anxiety away since I didn't have to sit there and wait forever for him to come out. They have plastic chairs w/ metals legs btw kind of like school chairs, very uncomfortable after 8hrs of sitting but well worth the discomfort!! I didn't have too much interaction with the staff but they seemed alright to me, I didn't see any of them really hounding anyone while in there, I felt like the VG was pretty laid back for the most part. Oh and definitely follow dress code. I almost had to change tops, but I was wearing a cardigan so they let me through thankfully since it covered me up. Apparently my top was see thru to them, but grateful they didn't make me change! Overall it was a pretty decent experience. My favorite thing is that you don't have to walk outside to get to the VG lol looking forward to going back soon!