Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 09-27-2011, 02:02 PM
waiting <3 <3 <3

Default Martin c. I work camp closing ?

Just out of curiosity if any one knew info on the the mci work camp closing my man is there and keeps telling me there there closing the camp and shipping them to the main unit next store god i hope not any info on this if ya can let me know
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Donation Award 

Anyone know how Martin is inside for the guys? Read some bad stuff happening a few years ago, but is it still the same or has it changed at all?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 PM

Default General Info

Well it's my first time writing here and I have read most of the posts regarding Martin C.I. My boyfriend was just transferred lasy week from confinement in South Bay to confinement in Martin. He'll be out of the hole on Feb. 17th and I'll be visiting the following weekend. Will my approval form from South Bay follow me to Martin and how packed is it usually? I'm very nervous about driving up there and not being able to see him after 60 days of no contact. If anyone can give me and info, please do. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

Your visitation status follows you from one camp to the next. You don't have to reapply when he moves. The only time you'd have to reapply was if you were removed from his list for some reason, or suspended because of problems.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:22 AM

hi everyone! It has been awhile since anyone posted anything recent about Martin, so I was wondering if anyone can let me know how visso is now a days. please!! My sweetie gets his visitation rights back in November, he was recently transferred there from Hamilton and I have never been to Martin. He heard is was pretty laid back, I hope so! Im traveling from the Ft. Myers area as soon as I have a working vehicle. I can't wait! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!! also anybody know the rules of sending magazines/books??? Thanks!!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:58 AM

Am from tht area an I use to go Vist my brother in there yes it lay back it been yrs so I don't know the rules now
Old 10-14-2014, 08:25 PM

[quote=KellyBaby21;7371847]hi everyone! It has been awhile since anyone posted anything recent about Martin, so I was wondering if anyone can let me know how visso is now a days. please!! My sweetie gets his visitation rights back in November, he was recently transferred there from Hamilton and I have never been to Martin. He heard is was pretty laid back, I hope so! Im traveling from the Ft. Myers area as soon as I have a working vehicle. I can't wait! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!! also anybody know the rules of sending magazines/books??? Thanks!![/QUOTE

Rules for books are: you can send up to 4 books. They must be from a distributor that sends them regular mail only. Books a million is good because you get a tracking number (which you will need). From the time the books are received by the mail room the rule says they have up to 15 days to issue them out to your loved one. Yeah, don't count on that! It took my
man 6 weeks to get his books... and multiple calls weekly by me to get them issued. At one point they didn't even know where they were. Thankfully I had a tracking number to back me up. Make sure the books don't come with anything such as a cd or dvd. The mail is also slow as hell! Mail is supposed to be distributed within 48 hours of reciept! Hah that's a joke. Sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks! If you sit and wait for things to happen they're they don't! Once you order keep on top of it!
Old 11-09-2017, 06:21 AM

Default Martin CI slow mail???

It's been almost a month since I've heard from my loved one that's in Martin CI (Indianatown, FL.) and I'm wondering if there's an issue with the outgoing mail (again!). His mother hasn't heard from him in over a month and they have had past issues with the internal mailbox getting stuffed to the brim because it wasn't being sent out weekly like it's supposed to. I'm wondering if that's why I haven't heard from him in several weeks.

Is anyone else not getting mail from their loved one in Martin right now?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:20 AM

Thanked 5,984 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusFlower0312 View Post
It's been almost a month since I've heard from my loved one that's in Martin CI (Indianatown, FL.) and I'm wondering if there's an issue with the outgoing mail (again!). His mother hasn't heard from him in over a month and they have had past issues with the internal mailbox getting stuffed to the brim because it wasn't being sent out weekly like it's supposed to. I'm wondering if that's why I haven't heard from him in several weeks.

Is anyone else not getting mail from their loved one in Martin right now?
Why don't you call the facility??? Anytime you have a problem you should call so you can get correct information.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:44 AM

Short answer to your question is no. I've never had any luck with trying to get answers from anyone via phone or email when there are internal issues such as negligence in sending out mail on time. If I call, they'll just say there's no issue with the mail. That's why I was posting here, to see if maybe someone else is having the same issue.