Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Want to write to Scott "Speedy" Williams in San Quentin

Desperate here.....looking to get a message to a Scott "Speedy" Williams in San Quentin. Honestly I know nothing about him so I don't have his DOB in order to get his CDC#. Looking for any help please!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Anthony's Mom

Is he mainlined at SQ or in reception? You can try calling the records office explaining the situation and see if they will give you his cdc number.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 AM

He has been there for a while I do believe? Do you have the # to the record office?
Old 12-08-2007, 01:43 AM
Anthony's Mom

Call the main number, it is listed in the guide at the top of the SQ forum, I think it is 415-455-1460. Then listen to the choices, I think you press one and then four or five, I cant remember. I am sure about the one though so that way you can skip the whole recording in the begining.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:09 AM

Thank you. I will try that #. Thanks for helping me. I am sooooo frustrated that it is this hard to find someone. Do you know someone in San Quentin?
Old 12-08-2007, 02:55 PM

Default ???Recorded Delivery????

I really want to write to a prisoner in San Quentin State Prison But I know nothing about him except his name so I cannot obtin his CDC#. I did read something about recorded delivery. Was wondering if I sent a letter that way without his cdc# if he would get it? Would it help to put the area of the prison he is in?
Old 12-08-2007, 03:14 PM
We're Gonna Make It!

did you do a search online to see if you could obtain his CDC #? Someone had posted some links one time to help people search. Another option is to call San Quentin and ask is there any way to get the CDC#? I know with BOP its online.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Cdc#

California no longer allows a search on the net for an inmate. There is a # to call but they will not give any info without his DOB. I called the Wardens secretary to ask if I could obtain it but she said no. I'm at a loss here. I'm so frustrated! My family thinks I am weird because I want to write to a prisoner I saw on TV but I am intrigued by him and would like to possibly make a friend. I know these guys are lonely and I really felt for him. Anyway...sorry for the venting and thanx for the help.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:43 AM
We're Gonna Make It!

then my only other suggestion is that you search the forum under California and see if you can make a friend there. Maybe that friend has a loved one who knows him, or wouldn't mind trying to help you. I don't know. Just throwing that out.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Anthony's Mom

Yes, my boyfriend is in reception there.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:35 AM
the party never ends...
Donation Award 

Wasn't Speedy one of the guys in protective custody that they interviewed for "San Quentin: Extended Stay"? I just saw that show last night on MSNBC. You could try contacting the producers of the show to see if they have the info.

Just as a matter of safety though, they probably won't give you any info.

Last edited by poodlegirl; 12-10-2007 at 01:40 AM..
Old 12-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Anthony's Mom

Did you try calling records? If so, you might want to try again. Sometimes you get someone who was grumpy that day. I have gotten them to give me someones cdc number before, I just told them I wanted to make sure he was still there (which was actually true) when they asked for his CDC number I could not find the piece of paper with his CDC# and Birthdate on it. They looked him up, told me he was there, and gave me his cdc number. I guess it all depends on who you talk too. I was speaking to a woman in records, but thats all I can tell you.

Also, since you saw it on TV, can you give us an idea what you might know about him? Is he a death row inmate? Or just general population? I am sure some of these ladies might be able to ask their men. If you don't mind saying, what race is he? Although we don't live like that out here, the prison system is still very segregated, so chances are people with loved ones who are the same race have a better chance of knowing who he is.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:25 PM

Sometimes the mail even get through if you don't know his CDC # it just takes longer. I would just try and put all the information I know about him on the envelope.. Like where he is housed which was probably mentioned on the TV. Or in your case I would call or write to the TV station and ask.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 AM

I tried with no such luck. I have some contacts in law enforcement and they are looking into it for me. I appreciate the advice. Poodlegirl, I see that you have lost a pet. Sorry for your loss. I love animals and have had a few pass away myself and I know how hard it can be. But I do believe they go to Heaven and we will someday see them again.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Anyone know anyone in PC?

I'm looking for someone in PC. Was wondering if anyone out there knows anyone who can help? I'm not giving up. I've received some wonderful help from people on this forum and for that I am grateful! But I still haven't found what I am looking for.

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:03 PM

What if you were to try to find his birthdate? There are lots of places online that do background checks, that would include a birthdate. You could try an online service like that. Or you could try it from a different angle. Did they say his hometown, or anything like that? I believe that birth records are public record. So maybe you could try to find it that way. If you could estimate an age this site might help www birthdatabase com. Id type the URL correctly but it wont let me. Hope this helps.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will try that llink.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Donation Award 

I get concerned when someone (anonymously) tries extremely hard, almost obsessively, to find out information about someone who is in PC or SNY, howver you want to call it.

I really wonder what your true motives are, and why you are doing this?

I would suggest that fellow posters really think about helping this person out any further.
The Following User Says Thank You to eastsidestu For This Useful Post:
Lorenzoismyman (08-28-2008)
Old 01-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Tea Party 4 Prison Reform

eastsidestu, you are right, ladies please be careful, PC, is just that, Protective Custody, you must keep your husbands, sons, and loved ones safe, need2findspeedy, this is no way anything against you but when you ask questions that can be answered in the main forums it kind of raises a red flag, people just want to be safe. Good Luck to you in finding speedy.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:47 AM

I do agree with you. But why did he appear on TV? If you do that you have to know that you put yourself out to be a target
Old 01-03-2008, 05:10 PM

He's already in PC for being a gang drop out but I do believe he has made himself a bigger target by going on TV. Even though I dont know him I just hope that he stays safe. Don't think I would have had the nerve to be interviewed.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboysmom
eastsidestu, you are right, ladies please be careful, PC, is just that, Protective Custody, you must keep your husbands, sons, and loved ones safe, need2findspeedy, this is no way anything against you but when you ask questions that can be answered in the main forums it kind of raises a red flag, people just want to be safe. Good Luck to you in finding speedy.
I know my requests seem a little odd and I can understand concern from others. But I can't make anyone believe me when I say I mean him no harm. I just found him interesting and wanted to write him. Thanks for wishing me luck.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:37 AM

Talking "Speedy" CDC number for you all

I've known "speedy" for years he's in pc because he's a NLR drop out he has a life sentence here is his info if you haven't found it CDC#E30007 below is a link to find other inmates in California as well he has a son named chris that's currently in prison as well I haven't done 25 replies but you can look info up look for California inmate locator it still works I just used it for speedys info
Old 03-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,837 Times in 7,311 Posts

Just for information's sake. This thread is over ten years old, and the original poster has not been here since 2008.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (03-12-2018), Patrickj (03-12-2018), xolady (03-12-2018)