Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:11 AM

Default Do they read mail word for word?

Hi, My wife is currently in arrendale. when she was in county we wrote daily. all of my letters went thru except for 1 which i had written a very sexually explicit letter. it got confiscated and put in her property. I have sent several letters to her in prison and as far as i know they have all gotten thru. however i was wondering if they actually read word for word or if they just open the mail and look thru for contraband. what are the limits of what i can say without getting her mail confiscated?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2018, 03:54 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,010 Times in 16,150 Posts

Word of advice? Don't risk pushing the limits just to see how much they pay attention. They can read word-for-word, some days they might & some days they might not. I'd write as if they DO read every word every day so as not to risk write-ups / hassles for your wife.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
GaReform (06-04-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 04:08 PM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

I've had letters confiscated to. All they do is ask him if they want them to throw it away or to send it back. Doesn't cause much of a problem. I've toned it down though so he doesn't miss out on mail. I did write him a very sexual email the other day and it got through so who knows. He called me as soon as he read it lol. He had to take a cold shower.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:17 PM

Thanked 3,719 Times in 1,159 Posts

Most prisons will allow pretty racy material but I would take great care to avoid even the vaguest whiff of rape fantasies or descriptions of situations that involve force, violence, or unwilling partners. Some prisons don’t want you to describe penetration in any detail. Obviously, do not write about sexual situations involving children, incest, animals, or anything else potentially illegal or disturbing.

Neither of you will get in any real trouble for a sexually explicit letter, but following some decorum will increase your chances of having it delivered.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:57 PM

Thanked 1,752 Times in 700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jydogbob View Post
Hi, My wife is currently in arrendale. when she was in county we wrote daily. all of my letters went thru except for 1 which i had written a very sexually explicit letter. it got confiscated and put in her property. I have sent several letters to her in prison and as far as i know they have all gotten thru. however i was wondering if they actually read word for word or if they just open the mail and look thru for contraband. what are the limits of what i can say without getting her mail confiscated?

You can't tell what they will read or not sometimes. I sent my son an email that included bios of 2 lawyers so he could decide which he liked. They rejected the email because of content. In the bio of 1 it mentioned that he had handled sex offense cases. Maybe the word sex triggered it but there was no "contraband' in there. Better safe than sorry!