Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino Topic and discussion specific to CIM- California Institution for Men, located in Chino, California.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:06 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and my husband just got transferred to Chino, thus I have tons of questions...so hopefully you all can help a girl out!

- visits, how long are they? I did make an appointment for an 830am. Are there usual terminations due to overcrowding?
- I believe he is in C yard, what's the process? I read briefly that it's located some place different?
-is there a "car line" or do we just drive in and check in? If so where?
Are there family visits at this facility?
Is it true it's all outside visiting? No air conditioning?!

I think this is all for now...thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beabenitez1978 View Post
Hello everyone! I'm new here, and my husband just got transferred to Chino, thus I have tons of questions...so hopefully you all can help a girl out!

- visits, how long are they? I did make an appointment for an 830am. Are there usual terminations due to overcrowding?
- I believe he is in C yard, what's the process? I read briefly that it's located some place different?
-is there a "car line" or do we just drive in and check in? If so where?
Are there family visits at this facility?
Is it true it's all outside visiting? No air conditioning?!

I think this is all for now...thanks in advance!!
Wow girl, I think your helping me out. My BF just got sent back to Chino last Thursday! But my case is a little more different (He was already in a transitional center and one day before his released date he was sent back to chino).
So you were able to make an appointment so soon to see him?
I believe there is no car line! Just arrive, park and go to the visitation area (This information was given to me by my Bf sister that went over this weekend to try to get some answers, of course she was denied to see him)
I also read some where around here that someone mentioned all contact visits are outside, rain or shine. But not 100% confirmed!

Hopefully I can find more information and share with everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mz_Morena For This Useful Post:
beabenitez1978 (05-01-2018), Sarianna (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 06:34 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,673 Times in 15,314 Posts

you need to be an approved visitor. Have an application signed by the inmate and then send it to the atten of the visiting sgt. And wait.
When filling out the app, make sure to list any arrests and the outcome of that.
If you have none, then its alot easier to complete.
Dont leave anything out.

They will let the inmate know if you are approved or not. HE will have to let you know if you are. If not, they will eventually send you a letter saying why not.

If you already ARE an approved visitor and say he went back on a pv or something....(they never *retired* his cdcr number...) you can probably visit.

As to the visiting situation, Ive not gone in a long time. Plus it was at a different prison. I think alot of them use vpass for an appt.
In general.....dress very conservative. Bring an extra set of clothing if yours does not pass muster.
I'd say arrive early

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
beabenitez1978 (05-01-2018), Sarianna (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_Morena View Post
Wow girl, I think your helping me out. My BF just got sent back to Chino last Thursday! But my case is a little more different (He was already in a transitional center and one day before his released date he was sent back to chino).
So you were able to make an appointment so soon to see him?
I believe there is no car line! Just arrive, park and go to the visitation area (This information was given to me by my Bf sister that went over this weekend to try to get some answers, of course she was denied to see him)
I also read some where around here that someone mentioned all contact visits are outside, rain or shine. But not 100% confirmed!

Hopefully I can find more information and share with everyone!
Hey lady! Thanks for your reply! I read up on your situation.. yeah I am so sorry about that!! That is heartbreaking!! I don't know how you're staying sane!!

My hubby had been at RJD down in San Diego, and was transferred to Chino last Friday. Though I have an appointment I think I am still going to call and try and confirm it and his location. Whatever info and/or experiences I have this weekend, I will definitely let you all know!! I am just glad that there are still a few that are active on this site. Prisontalk has been my go to for all my questions, for all the various prisons the husband has been too..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beabenitez1978 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-01-2018), sidewalker (05-05-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 09:25 PM

Hello Ladies, I just had to come in here and share that he finally called me!!! I’m beyond happy at this moment!!! I do have to admit, I was scare, because I have only been his GF for some months now, and when he’s about to get released he gets send back for two more years! So I was scare he was going to push me away!!! But he didn’t!! He just showed me he loves me as much as I do him! When I was over here thinking that if he got a chance to make a call he was gonna call his family! But no, he called me and had me call them three way! After a few minutes of them talking he let them go to talk to me! But it did got me a little sad cause once again he apologized! That he was sorry cause he doesn’t want none of this for me! He told me that if I wanted to leave him that he understood and all he want Is for me to be happy! Of course i called him Stupid and told him to keep moving with all that crap! That I wasn’t going no where! Oh how I miss him telling me he loves me! On the down part of this conversation, he did tell me that he was going to be move! So he will no longer be in Chino! Chino is like an hour from my home! I’m scare to think of him far away from me! And regarding why he was taken back to prison, they still giving him the run aroun. They want to keep my man till 2020! But what ever it is, I told him no sad faces! We going thru this together! . Just had to share! Hopefully I’ll talk to him again soon and get more info more calmly! This first call was just crazy!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mz_Morena For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-01-2018), sidewalker (05-05-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 01:38 AM

I just had my first visit with my lo, he just arrive at Chino two weeks ago from Chuckawalla. The visit was wonderful, the process was a breeze. Was able to stay the whole time 9am -3 pm. The co's were polite. It couldn't have gone better. It has been 10 years since I've seen him and touch him! Because I had been force to move away, I couldn't afford to fly and rent a car and a motel. But with this transfer he was closer to family, so was able to visit. Sorry for the rambling, but I'm feel so bless being able to see him today.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:33 AM

Donation Award 

Glad to hear it Junebug. Its so nice when the co's are polite. There is no cause to be rude if you need to ask a question. Im glad your experience was a good one (under circumstances)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Junebug28* (06-30-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 12:05 PM

My son went to court from AZ to redwood for court. Chose Duel and Sonoma and got sent to Chino. What's going on? Are there no beds in Northern California? I was so happy thinking he would be closer to home and now he got sent far again. I guess I should be happy he didn't get sent to Arizona 13 hours vs 6 hours drive.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:29 PM

How do you find out if this will be where he is mainlined or just in route? Can you visit if you are approved and by drop in or do you need an appointment. I got hung up on twice calling visiting. Please help with answers. We thought he was staying in Tracy and don't know why he got sent there ?
Old 08-07-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaMom2014 View Post
How do you find out if this will be where he is mainlined or just in route? Can you visit if you are approved and by drop in or do you need an appointment. I got hung up on twice calling visiting. Please help with answers. We thought he was staying in Tracy and don't know why he got sent there ?
You can visit if approved, but make sure that you find out what yard he is on. C yard is separate. I think using VPASS is the best way to go, but you can do regular visiting once the people with appointments have gone in.
The Following User Says Thank You to spunkylark For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:54 AM

Donation Award 

Try the inmate locator.

If he is mainlined, he should be able to call you after a short time of orientation. ( maybe a week or so? Not sure about that part)
If he's just being moved there for a short stay on his way to another prison, I'd guess you wont know til he lands.

That's my dog's nose art