Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Allenwood FCI - Low & Medium
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Allenwood FCI - Low & Medium Topics, Discussions and Information relating to FCI Allenwood - Low and FCI Allenwood - Medium

Old 07-08-2015, 08:05 PM

Question Need info on Allenwood FCI: Lockdown times? Tv's in cells? Weight room?

Hi I am new to pto. I have a friend who will be going to FCI Allenwood. Could anyone tell me anything about this prison? Specifically, what are the lockdown times, are tv's allowed in the cells and are there lifting weights?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2015, 12:43 AM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,351 Times in 704 Posts
Default Allenwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkondra View Post
Hi I am new to pto. I have a friend who will be going to FCI Allenwood. Could anyone tell me anything about this prison? Specifically, what are the lockdown times, are tv's allowed in the cells and are there lifting weights?
Hi I'm dona my loved one is at allenwood low

Low has no cell Doors med does no tv in cells have to buy radio to hear TV sound lots of tv's in common room yes weights are outside n in rec hall
Bop allenwood has info on all activities work or play or visiting related
Hope this helps. Not a lot of trouble there so don't worry ck out orientation on bop website Also explains how to send money And job placement n receiving mail any other questions just ask .
ZZ
fbopnomore (07-12-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donazerozero View Post
Hi I'm dona my loved one is at allenwood low

Low has no cell Doors med does no tv in cells have to buy radio to hear TV sound lots of tv's in common room yes weights are outside n in rec hall
Bop allenwood has info on all activities work or play or visiting related
Hope this helps. Not a lot of trouble there so don't worry ck out orientation on bop website Also explains how to send money And job placement n receiving mail any other questions just ask .
ZZ
Thank you so much Dona this really helps!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lkondra For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (04-28-2019), fbopnomore (07-12-2015)
Old 08-20-2015, 06:15 AM

Hi Dona, My friend went into Allenwood Low on Monday. Could you tell me what happens now, when will he be able to call?DDo I need to do anything on my end to receive calls from there? How do I get in contact with his counselor? And can you tell me anything else you think I should know..I really appreciate it. Thank you
Old 08-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,039 Times in 12,729 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. He will have to be activated on the prison's phone and email systems by his counselor, but that usually happens quickly. He also has to wait until his 9 digit telephone pin number arrives in the mail. You don't need to do anything to receive his calls. If he calls collect, your phone has to be able to accept collect calls. He will send you a Corrlinks invitation email message, that you will have to answer, so look for it in your spam, etc. email folders too.

He can transfer money from his inmate commissary fund to purchase prepaid phone minutes, $1.00 on up. Local calls are 6 cents/min, long distance 23 cents/min and collect calls 25 cents/min. Monthly phone limit is 300 minutes with an extra 100 in Nov & Dec. His phone and commissary spending limits roll over on the same day each month, the 5th digit in his inmate ID#, xxxxX-xxx, times 3, plus one, so if his number is 5, he will get new limits (with no carryover of unused limits) on the 16th of each month. The extra 100 phone minutes will be credited on Nov 1 and Dec 1.

Here's how to deposit money to his account.
http://www.bop.gov/inmates/communications.jsp#money

and the Allenwood bop page with links to the inmate rules (A&O Handbook) commissary list and visitor's rules.
http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/alf/

My advice, let him deal with his counselor/prison staff himself unless he asks you to contact them.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:41 PM

Do any facilities have video chats ? And if so how does work ?
Old 04-19-2019, 02:11 PM

And does any federal prison allow food from the outside to be shipped on ?
Old 04-19-2019, 03:34 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,039 Times in 12,729 Posts

Nothing can be sent in to federal prisoners except books from a bookstore or the publisher through the US Mail. The closest thing is to pick items from the commissary list, and send them enough money to pay for them. No bop owned prison allows personally owned TVs either.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:52 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,351 Times in 704 Posts
Default No. Video chats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julietrk123 View Post
And does any federal prison allow food from the outside to be shipped on ?
no outside food you are not allowed to give them anything
You can use corrlinks for emailing and mate can call you for a charge. You have to be on his list. And visits the same you have to be approved You can call and ask questions if someone answers. Bop website had lots of info too. There is an older library book you might be able to find at the library about fed prison rules and procedure
I hope this helps and your loved ones stay is short. My journey is almost over.