Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Allenwood FCI - Low & Medium
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Allenwood FCI - Low & Medium Topics, Discussions and Information relating to FCI Allenwood - Low and FCI Allenwood - Medium

Old 05-10-2019, 06:09 PM

Default Allenwood FCI - hotels nearby, visiting questions

Hello
Omg... Thats a shame... Thank you for the info..because this action is holding my husband transfer. I have another question. Are their any hotels close to Allenwood? I will be traveling and im thinking about reserving a hotel room. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Hopelessly Devoted To Him

No worries ... Yes, it is a shame ... idk about the hotels as I’ve yet to visit my LO
p.s you will need to submit a new visiting form again

Last edited by NUYORICAN; 05-10-2019 at 06:51 PM..
Old 05-10-2019, 08:21 PM

Hello
Damn..i have to resubmit another visiting form again??? My husband have to mail me one..smdh..so how is allenwood medium? Is it a bad prison. I always get worried when my husband transfer to another prison
Old 05-10-2019, 09:27 PM

you can wait or just go online and print it out ... once the transfer process starts you may not hear from him from anywhere between 3-5 days as they might house him initially @ USP Caanan ... that’s if there is no “availability” @ the designated facility @ the time of the transfer ... makes no sense but this is the FBOP ... other than that, from what my LO has said, it’s not too bad, he’s in a 6 man dorm and has a lil more “freedom” than when he was in the city... waiting on a work assignment now .
Old 05-10-2019, 09:44 PM

Hi
He did say that he have to go to USP Caanan first before he go to allenwood. Yes im start the visiting for online.thank you for informing me about the visiting form. FBOP is so backwards...but I wish fbop hurry up and transfer him outta MDC Brooklyn...they are the worst
Old 05-10-2019, 10:19 PM

no worries ... it’s good he knows about Canaan so he can mentally prepare himself ... mine was @ MCC in lower Manhattan, never @ MDC and it was pretty bad too ... I went to one of the rallies in Bklyn to support when they were with no heat or electricity ... I can’t even begin to imagine what your LO must’ve gone through @ that time
Old 05-11-2019, 02:40 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,692 Times in 2,050 Posts

Higgswife062718 - I moved these posts out from the Allenwood lockdown thread and gave you a separate thread with a new title. This way others will find visiting related questions/lockdown issues easier in their own threads and your responses will not get mixed up either

Old 05-20-2019, 07:46 PM

Default Hotels

The two closest towns to the Allenwood Complex are Williamsport, PA and Lewisburg, PA. I usually stay in Williamsport where a Hilton/Marriott stay will run about $120 a night. When I first visted I struggled with the prison address so if that happens to you use the address for Clyde Peeling's Reptiland 18628 US Route 15 Allenwood, PA 17810 the complex is across the road.
There are 3 prisons at the complex so make sure you are parking at the correct one when arriving for visit. Friday visits have been eliminated so it is Saturday, Sunday and Federal Holidays.
Enjoy your visit!
The Following User Says Thank You to scca For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-21-2019)