Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:38 AM

Default Looking for information on post-incarceration Reentry programs, California

Looking for information on Reentry programs or how to go about finding any help with work or anything that might help. Prepping for a potential release at the end of the year. Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,933 Times in 7,779 Posts

Are you talking about after release or while still in CDC custody?
In custody programs are heavy on Level 3 and 2 yards, if he's on one of those he can ask his counselor if he can be moved to the yard with the most parole-ready positive programming.

If you're talking post-release, I have a list I've compiled. I have not contacted all of them and last contact was about a year ago. So I'd hit up Google and see what they program sites say now.

Best of luck.
Attached Files
File Type: docx ParoleContacts.docx (14.7 KB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 10:49 AM

Hi sorry yes I mean post release. I have googled a few but got a bit overwhelmed and don’t even know where to start honestly. But thank you I will google some more.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,933 Times in 7,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizlv View Post
Hi sorry yes I mean post release. I have googled a few but got a bit overwhelmed and don’t even know where to start honestly. But thank you I will google some more.
It is overwhelming. And most of the programs are very specific-- no violent offenses, sex offenders only, no sex offenders, substance abuse history, female offender...
I think some of the resources I posted (did it show up for you?) have phone numbers. Might be easier just to call and explain your situation and see if they can offer assistance. They may know of programs, too, that aren't widely publicized.

Edit: they do not show numbers on the list, but a google search should get ya a contact number.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (06-08-2019)