Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arkansas.

View Poll Results: Which Arkansas Prisons are Represented on PTO?
Benton Unit 2 4.44%
Boot Camp Program 3 6.67%
Cummins Unit 10 22.22%
East Arkansas Regional Unit 12 26.67%
Grimes Unit 12 26.67%
Hawkins Center for Women 2 4.44%
Jefferson County Jail & Correctional Facility 4 8.89%
Maximum Security Unit 3 6.67%
McPherson Unit 1 2.22%
Mississippi County Work Release Center 1 2.22%
North Central Unit 1 2.22%
Northwest Arkansas Work Release Center 1 2.22%
Ouachita River Unit 5 11.11%
Pine Bluff Unit 5 11.11%
Texarkana Regional Correction Cetner 1 2.22%
Tucker Unit 9 20.00%
Varner Unit 11 24.44%
Wrightsville Unit 4 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2008, 06:01 PM

Question

My son has been in VARNER Supermax AD SEG for over 3 years & incarcerated since 2001. He will only be 27 in August . His PE is 5-2009 and I am concerned how he will deal with the outside world after years in AD SEG. Please help me help him.

Last edited by Karensugar1981; 02-18-2008 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: proofread
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 09:50 PM

I don't know which is actually safer but there are a lot of them at Cummins and Varner so maybe safety in numbers?? Needs to keep his head down and his mouth shut wherever he is. Invisible is the best way to do time in AR.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:05 PM

Hi Karensugar1985,

My son was in the max for 4 years I believe. He knew his mouth got him in trouble. So he would have to start the 18 month program all over again, . . .eventually he saw some good ole' cellies getting out and knew he had to.

He did his exercises with any weights he could make, . . .did his aerobics by running in a circle, . . .he had certain days to do certain exercises, . . .you know a rountine he stuck by. Oh, . . .even ate the Kosher diet, . . .better for your heart.

Read every thing he could get his hands on, he could be a history teacher, wrote poetry, joined this poetry club for prisoners worldwide.

He was grateful after being in the worst and noisiest part of the max, when he got moved to another area that was quietier, . . .could hear the birds chirping outside his window.

It was hard though not getting to be outside, every, in the fresh air, . . .frackin' torture!

At times I wanted him to stay there, . . .more chance of survival, I think??

You know, . . .they get enough time, . . .and see that the path they were on, on the outside was the wrong path.

He knows he'll be a little weird (when he comes home) after doing so much time, . . .but he is doing O.K. in population now. Somehow he keeps his mind strong, . . .but he's had his moments wondering if he can keep his sanity.

I couldn't imagine.

Just keep loving him, . . .your son is at the same age that mine was in max, . . .I hope the best for you both.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Faulkner Co.

my husband has not actually made it to prison yet. he is in the faulkner co jail (unit 1) awaiting trial. Faulkner co sucks. im sure most other places suck, too, but you know. he has met a few really cool people in there, but of course the guards are a pain. hes been in there for 7 months now. he is in solitary right now and has another week. hes already been in there for 1 week. the guards found an extra food tray in their cell. the guy that took it got 3 days. go figure.
anyway, im new here, and neither of us have ever had to deal with the legal system before. were trying to learn
santasgirl
Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM
6 years strong....and on

boot camp in wrightsville 101 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 12:23 AM
lostinparagould

my man was at Wrightsville for 15 years, they moved him to Pine Bluff and now I have noidea where he will go since, ONCE AGAIN they denied him parole.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:09 PM

My fiance is in Grimes. He gets his level one this Thursday and he had put in a request to transfer to Springdale work release. We are really hoping for this. If not that then he may request a 309 closer to his family. im in MO so if he gets closer to them he will be closer to me.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:45 PM

Default Benton Work Release???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young
My husband used to be at Calico Rock now he is in Benton Work Release. He goes before the board in August but probably wont go home until Dec. What do you know about that new bill that was passed for emergency release of nonviolent offenders w/ less than a year left?
Hi, My name is Tisha, My boyfriend is at Benton County jail right now and knows someone who is at Benton work release in which he's wanting me to get a mailing address for. Can someone tell me how to locate this address so he can send a letter to an inmate there.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:00 PM

My sweetheart hasnt' gone to prison yet but he is in Benton County Jail & is facing time for sure for parole violation. I do have a question tho. I talked to him today and he made the comment about paroling out to me. I know basically what it is but I dont know what it intells.. What is involved & expected. Theres certain things I may or may not be able to do. And I wanted to know what is expected of me if I accept it. I figure he has about a year or so to do. His original sentence was 36 months in which he did 14 months previously so I know he'll probably go back for the remainder plus what ever he gets for the new charges. Can someone please explain this process a little bit to me. I'm new to this!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:43 PM

Smile benton work release

If you go to the ADC site and click on facilities...benton work release is on there and it will give a mailing address that has a p.o. box...i go there almost every weekend, my baby is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielsbabyGirl View Post
Hi, My name is Tisha, My boyfriend is at Benton County jail right now and knows someone who is at Benton work release in which he's wanting me to get a mailing address for. Can someone tell me how to locate this address so he can send a letter to an inmate there.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:58 AM

M husband is in Forrest City Arkansas, as of two days ago...
Old 04-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Corn Syrup

2 of my brother-in-laws are in the ADC....
One is in Malvern but getting paroled this week
the other is in Varner.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Corn Syrup

I have 2 brother-in-laws incarcerated
one at Malvern
and the other in Varner
Old 05-01-2008, 09:25 PM

Hi How are you doing? I son just called tonight and said he is in Malvern. he was in Brikleys. Is Malvern a better place to be. Donna1950
Old 05-02-2008, 07:07 AM

Thanked 1,054 Times in 877 Posts

I have a pal in Tuckers Unit.It seems to be a ok prison to be in from what he tells me
Old 07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
bring my baby home soon

my baby is in the boot-camp wrightsville unit. he has 2month left . but i thought that the boot-camp pragram was 105 days . he has been there since june 12 or 11.

we cant wait until daddy is home!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 AM

My bf is currently in the Varner Supermax unit at grady, AR. it sucks really bad from what im told, the food is disgusting, they treat the prisoners TERRiBlEY and when i went to visit him a few weeks ago he said the air conditioner wasnt even working!!!! :[ he has to be in the supermax until april 29 of next year because he got into trouble in the regular unit and they gave him a year class 4, because they say "he's a threat to the security of the facility"! its such bullshit anyone who knows him knows he is N0T a violent person and he is certainly N0T a threat to security!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiMBERlYRENE View Post
My bf is currently in the Varner Supermax unit at grady, AR. it sucks really bad from what im told, the food is disgusting, they treat the prisoners TERRiBlEY and when i went to visit him a few weeks ago he said the air conditioner wasnt even working!!!! :[ he has to be in the supermax until april 29 of next year because he got into trouble in the regular unit and they gave him a year class 4, because they say "he's a threat to the security of the facility"! its such bullshit anyone who knows him knows he is N0T a violent person and he is certainly N0T a threat to security!
Mine is in the TVC in Malvern. Can't get any information on it or anything. Don't even know if he's okay. He was given only 62 days but it's still a long time because I'm 360miles away. 390 if you count the distance left to travel from where we usually stay to where he is now.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM

My fiance was transferred to Benton County Work Release. The look of it is a lot better. It does not even look like a prison. But the visitation sux cuz it is no contact. Only a kiss and hug when I first get there and right before I leave. He sits in a chair across from me and I can't touch him at all. But I guess this is the sacrifice for him getting a free world job and then eventually furloughs. He will be "job ready" Oct 28th. He's happy (or at least as happy as you can be in prison) there so thats what matters.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgrl View Post
My fiance was transferred to Benton County Work Release. The look of it is a lot better. It does not even look like a prison. But the visitation sux cuz it is no contact. Only a kiss and hug when I first get there and right before I leave. He sits in a chair across from me and I can't touch him at all. But I guess this is the sacrifice for him getting a free world job and then eventually furloughs. He will be "job ready" Oct 28th. He's happy (or at least as happy as you can be in prison) there so thats what matters.
You're lucky though in some aspects. You get to see him. I can't see my fiancee until the last 2 weeks he is in Omega. I found that out today and it made my heart hurt even more. No special consideration for the distance I have to travel. I can't kiss my "Sunshine" until October. I want to cry, but oddly, I can't. Maybe I've cried all the tears I can?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:40 PM

Hi,
I have two nephews and a husband in RLF-CF in Pine Bluff.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottles View Post

You're lucky though in some aspects. You get to see him. I can't see my fiancee until the last 2 weeks he is in Omega. I found that out today and it made my heart hurt even more. No special consideration for the distance I have to travel. I can't kiss my "Sunshine" until October. I want to cry, but oddly, I can't. Maybe I've cried all the tears I can?
Yes I feel lucky that I get to go see him. I'm sorry you have to wait till Oct. but at least he is only doing 62 days. Mine is gone for at least 2 1/2 years. And that is if he gets out on his pe date. His sentence is 10 years.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:22 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgrl View Post
Yes I feel lucky that I get to go see him. I'm sorry you have to wait till Oct. but at least he is only doing 62 days. Mine is gone for at least 2 1/2 years. And that is if he gets out on his pe date. His sentence is 10 years.
I guess all of us have our luck in one way or another. I'm fortunate that we're less than 2 months from being together, but unfortunate because I won't see him until October 12th for a visit. You're fortunate that you get to visit, but won't have him home with you for a long time. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain and the words come out wrong.

♫You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine...♫
♪You make me happy when skies are gray...♪
Old 09-07-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottles View Post
I guess all of us have our luck in one way or another. I'm fortunate that we're less than 2 months from being together, but unfortunate because I won't see him until October 12th for a visit. You're fortunate that you get to visit, but won't have him home with you for a long time. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain and the words come out wrong.
Oh, its ok. I am just a little sensitive sometimes. This has been so very hard and i do find myself sometimes a little jealous of those that have less than a year to wait. And then I have to think of those that are waiting longer than I will have to. We all have our own individual struggles.

But I do understand how you feel. I didn't get to see him for the first 55 days he was gone. I saw him January 13 and didn't get to see him till March 7. That was the hardest part of it. And hopefully we wont ever have to go that long without seeing each other again. I drive 4 hours to get there and 4 hours home to see him. It's 230 miles from my home. But its worth every mile just to look into his eyes for a few hours and get those 2 kisses.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM

Default prison location

my husband is currently at jefferson county jail/correctional facility in pine bluff. he was transferred there from diagnostics last week.