Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:08 PM

Default Past Family Reunion Prison Program Information! (*trailers*)~*

i was wondering if anyone has been denied the frp? if so why and what did you do?
thanks
stormie
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2004, 08:41 AM

The only reason we were ever denied was because of my husband getting a ticket. All you can do about that is wait untill they let you reapply.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:26 PM
home since 8/06

Many have been denied because of lack of a certain program or programs, and also because of the actual crime. I have heard of both happening to guys where my husband is. If he is lacking a drug program or anger magmt that they require he will not get and FRP until he does the programs. He needs to find out from there if and will he need to complete anything else.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Donation Award 

Default Read And Share Your Family Reunion *trailer* Experiences...

Yes, we have Macy's here in Atlanta. It's funny but I never looked in actual department stores for lingerie...duh! I think I'll go to the mall today and check out a few of the department stores. Thanks Jen.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:38 AM
home since 8/06

this had been updated 1/2/05
Old 01-02-2005, 02:31 PM

When an inmate is transfered from one prison to another, is there a waiting period at the new prison before he can apply for FRP? Does the application have to go through the whole process from the begining again?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:29 PM
home since 8/06

yes, there is another waiting process all over again where he has to fill in the application and wait as if he never had one. I don't know if someone needs to come to your house, on that I am not sure, but I believe it has to start from the begining.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:32 PM
home since 8/06

By the way, WifeC, Ladycee, and who ever was asking this awhile back

the FRP applications DO NOT go to Albany EVERY SINGLE TRAILER. Unless he had some kind of ticket or you had some kind of problem in the past, for example, where I go, there was a woman caught smuggling in some things, so her trailer was taken and then it had to go to Albany for approval. So, the Application only goes through the actual facility to be approved each time you fill out for your next trailer, not to Albany.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Quote:
yes, there is another waiting process all over again where he has to fill in the application and wait as if he never had one. I don't know if someone needs to come to your house, on that I am not sure, but I believe it has to start from the begining.
But from the day he arrives at the new facility, is there a waiting period until he can start the application process for FRP (you know like how newly married couples must wait 90 days before being allowed to apply)? Or can he send in the paperwork right then?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:52 PM
home since 8/06

I think you have to wait the 90 days.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:26 PM

I just found the answer.... I read it on the directive (section III - Inmate eligability); it says that an inmate that has sucessfully participated in the FRP at one facility and is transfered to another facility that offers FRP may reapply at the new facility immediatley. An inmate who is transfered and has never participated in FRP before, must wait 30 days at the new facility before applying for FRP.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Closed

Talking

Hey Ladies first off I would like to wish everyone a Hapy New Year! I know I haven't been around in a while but I was going through somethings, It was just really hectic for me, I hope everyone is okay, I cant lie I missed u guys, I have my trailer coming up on feb 1st and I am so excited, I just dont know what I want to do, I want to do something special because we had to wait soooo long for our trailer but I am fresh out of ideas, I need some suggestions.

Hey LadyCee, wassup with that date! keep harrasing them, for real, thsts what i did, she knew my voice already, for real, I dont know whats up with GH but like i said before something has got to give!

WifeC they do usually give firstime frp' s first priority, so I think u should definitely press them hard, for real, it will be okay girl I had my last trailer in august so u know I am a mess right now, I miss him like crazy!!!!!

Mrs G I am so happy that U really had a beautiful time with your husband on Christmas, I know we miss our men on a regular basis but when the holidays roll around for me it gets even harder!

Nuro's Wife I know u are searching for ideas I am to, that date is just sneeking up on me for real!!! I need to buy some sexy lingerie myself, I really want to go all out u know so if u have any ideas holla @ ya girl! lol

anyway ladies I hope everyone is okay and focused on positive things for the newyear! I know I am! Peace and blessings to u and yours!

Anthony's Wife

By the way does anyone know of a good tattoo spot in ny I want to surprise my husband and get one with his name on it but I want it to look real nice if so let me know!!!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 07:15 PM
home since 8/06

I made this thread so that we can all chat about our FRPs....

Last edited by Manzanita; 01-03-2005 at 07:34 PM..
Old 01-04-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Trailers at Great Meadow, Comstock

Does anyone know what to expect on the trailers at Great Meadow? I was on the trailers at Attica 3 years ago but I was curious what differences to expect with Great Meadow. Are the trailers nice? Are they strict on what you are allowed to bring, etc?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:15 PM
home since 8/06

Jenuine, I am not sure about GM, but it must be very similar to the places we go, read this thread, you will find a lot of info here...

Have fun!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:02 PM
his kiss, sweet as sugar

OMG I can't stand it, I am only one week away from my first trailer!!
I ordered something special to wear, and some good music, I hope it all gets here in time.
I have made my menu, and the shopping list. I just have to make a few adjustments because I finally got him to tell me what he wants/doesn't want to eat (I sent him the menu and told him to make changes) I'll go shopping over the weekend for everything, and then I have to find something to carry it all in. I guess a suitcase on wheels (they should allow that right?) It will be to heavy to carry in my hands.
I want everything to be perfect, and I know I will forget something.
I am soo excited.......
Anyone go to SIng SIng for thier FRP? I have specific questions about them, if you do PLEASE PM me.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:43 AM

I'm not sure about SingSing but some places won't allow a suitcase with a hollow tubular handle. I found the easiest way to bring everything is with large plastic bags that have a good handle on them. They are like a shopping bag that has a bottom to it and hard plastic handle.
If you can find an insulated bag for keeping food cold, they are very handy also. I put most of my food in plastic grocery bags, in a cooler, in the trunk. When I get there I just lift the bags out and put them in the larger insulated bag to carry in. That's the good thing about this time of year: don't have to worry about keeping the food cold on the way there!
I remember how much of a wreck I was for my first FRP visit! So much planning! I didn't believe it would actually happen untill I was in the van on the other side of the wall! Then I really FREAKED! Sorry, I'm supposed to be reassuring you.... It will all be just fine! Fun, fun,fun!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:45 PM

I go on my first trailer in over 3 years in just 14 days. YAY! Great Meadow is definitely different than Attica. They are very strict in what you can bring on and Attica wasn't as strict. You can't bring on jugged or bottled water, you have to use the faucett water. I called and was like, wha?? they told me I could just boil the faucett water. I have to have vacuumed packed meat, it can't be from the grocery store where it is in wrapped in plastic. One towel, one washcloth for each of us and I have to wear solid colors like hubby with no gray, orange, blue and black. They sent me a long list of do's and don'ts but it will all be worth it. They actually stated no sex paraphenalia (vibrators, ticklers, lotions, etc.) on the list. I got a laugh out of that one. ANYWAY, I'll let all of you know how the visit went.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenuwine
I go on my first trailer in over 3 years in just 14 days. YAY! They actually stated no sex paraphenalia (vibrators, ticklers, lotions, etc.) on the list. I got a laugh out of that one.
I bet you did get a laugh. After 3 years, who needs food???? Oh, that's me thinking out loud!

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Account Closed

Okay, my husband, myself and our daughter had our very first family visit November 6-8, 2004 and we get our next one February 19-21st.

It was wonderful. We actually got to spend time together as a family which we had not done in a year. I actually got to sleep in the same bed as my husband which I really missed. Our daughter is 11 years old so she knows what is up and tried not to let us spend time alone. She kept trying to intrude so it was rather difficult but we found time.

Yes that part was wonderful it was something that I missed greatly. It had been so long I thought maybe I had forgot what to do but it is just like riding a horse you remember rather quickly.

I actually missed sitting on the couch watching TV with my husband which is what we did a lot of. The radio does not come in because it is in the middle of the desert so you can forget music.

Leaving after the family visit is over with is very hard because you are leaving your husband after spending a fabulous weekend with him.

Well that is my family visit story.

Laurie
Old 01-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Donation Award 

Zack'swife I am sooo happy for you!!! I am glad you all had a wonderful time. Are you already planning for the next one? I know the minute I leave, I am already planning for next time. Congrats!
Old 01-11-2005, 06:24 PM
home since 8/06

Starzzmom, I am so happy for you, the first one is so special, you will be nervous but it is so cute and worth it! Once I was in his company my fears went away...You will be fine!!!! Actually, I still get nervous but not like the first one. You will be ok, where I go, I take a suitcase with wheels, a cooler and some other bags. I bring too much LOL

Jenuine so happy for you too!
You were told to wear certain colors??????? what tha???? wow, that is strict, what is the point in that??? Anyways, Have fun girl!!!

Laurie, I know how ya feel, doing the regular stuff and being in your own world is nice, then leaving is so hard! welcome to PTO

I get my next one March 31st, cant wait!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:27 PM
his kiss, sweet as sugar

Thanks ladies, I never thought they wouldn't allow the suitcase. Sing Sing is very brief in thier list of allowed things. Luckily, I don't have a long ride, so my food should be fine if it's not insulated. I'll just keep the perishables in the same bag with some frozen stuff and it should be good. It's just gonna be really heavy, and with my not so good back, it's gonna be tough to carry it all.
I have a million questions. I hate not knowing what to expect exactly.
I don't know if they supply towels, dish soap, sponges. My husband says I'm stressing over stupid stuff. I don't think these are stupid questions.

Wow Jen, they are strict, I think that is a bit much. I would be in trouble, all I wear is black. I'd have to have a 3rd wardrobe, home, visits, and FRPs.
Have a great time on your trailer!

Old 01-12-2005, 10:59 AM

I would bring the dish soap, sponge, paper towels, paper plates and any spray cleaner that you prefer. There might be some in the trailer leftover from other people but you run the chance that there isn't any left. I always bring a new sponge just because I'm a freak about that stuff. I would call about the towels, some places you can bring your own but they also will provide them if need be and some places don't allow you to bring your own.
What is the date you are going?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Yup, I had a list of what colors NOT to wear and I'm told that I have to wear solid colors. The list also stated that I couldn't bring the paper plates, cleaning supplies, etc. Attica wasn't as near as strict. It'll all be worth it though.. I'm just glad that I'm allowed to bring my own sheets and towels although we are only allowed 1 each. How are you suppose to wash away 3 days worth of sex with one washcloth? *chuckle*