Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,380 Posts
Default How many pages can be sent to Michigan prison?

This is a first for me to send anything into Michigan besides a couple page letter. My friend has asked me to print out a couple threads and mail them to him... before doing this I wanted to make sure there is no limit on the number of pages allowed per envelope?? He is in Straits Correctional Facility if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by 24jf; 12-13-2005 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Straits is pretty relaxed for the most part. The limit is 30 pages here in Michigan.. I try to stay under 20 just to stay on the "safe" side
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Account Closed

Well I have personally sent in the number of 50-80 at one time but they did take 3 weeks to give it to him LOL!
But it has a limit if it's printed straight from the internet and if you were to just copy paste and print because that is usually how I do it and then dont have any problem and they have never been able to so call reject it because of how many pages and if not then take some scissors and cut this little thing on the bottom off or take a dark colored perm. pen and black it out it's the same thing and they cant prove that it came I would say just to be on the safe side till you feel comfortable that you just use different envelopes and put not more than one or 2 articles in one envelope till you feel more comfortable it's going to basically cost you the same price either way!

KarrieMI
Old 12-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Satisfied

I do the same thing as Karrie. I make sure the net address doesn't show if it's more than a page or two. Just because some prisons can be sticklers for that sort of thing. I've never had them reject anything because of too many pages though.

Jenn
Old 02-28-2006, 07:53 PM

straits will only take so many pages printed off the internet, you should call to check. they were talking about it when i was up there on saturday. my baby is in the same facility. if you need the # its 906/495-5674. good luck. they've been nothing but problems for me.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

There is a ten page limit for stuff printed off of the internet.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Well I haven't had anything rejected for having too many pages or having net addy's on it either. I guess maybe I've just been lucky

Old 03-06-2006, 09:16 PM

I sent my husband over 30 pages off the internet. It was all football schedules. Yes they had a problem with it (being excessive pages). He filed a grievance and we have not had another problem since. Isn't that what these people in the mailroom get paid to do...open letters.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:09 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Yes they do get paid to open letters, but there is a limit that some facilities adhere to. Just from past experience, they get the letters quicker if we keep the pages down to a minimum.
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:32 AM

Question Current number of pages allowed???

This thread seems a bit outdated, so I was hoping to know how many pages of printed material I can send to my son at Gus Harrison through the mail. I have an 18 page PDF about parole I want to send to him.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-21-2018, 01:29 AM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadara View Post
This thread seems a bit outdated, so I was hoping to know how many pages of printed material I can send to my son at Gus Harrison through the mail. I have an 18 page PDF about parole I want to send to him.

Thanks in advance!
The mail rules have recently change and I'm not 100% positive but I think they can only have standard mail now so it would be give sheets per envelope per one stamp. You might want to call the mail room at the prison to be positive. No pictures no colored drawings and on me black and blue ink.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
The mail rules have recently change and I'm not 100% positive but I think they can only have standard mail now so it would be give sheets per envelope per one stamp. You might want to call the mail room at the prison to be positive. No pictures no colored drawings and on me black and blue ink.
Thanks. I guess I will just send a few pages at a time.

My mother is able to type out her letters on her computer and include color pictures on the pages. They rejected one page once, but he said it was ok to send color again.