Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > ONEIDA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

ONEIDA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located in the ONEIDA HUB - Oneida, Mohawk, Mid-State, Marcy, Hale Creek, Summit, Georgetown, Pharsalia, CNY Psych Ctr.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens-mommy View Post
ANYONE going to the festival july 19 i believe I dont have a car but I would love to share a ride. If anyone has a car please let me know. I am almost dersperat I hate taking those dam busses. I am going to onieda

I think the festival is on the 18th! I won't be going that week because of my job. However, I am going on june 26th and July 31st. The only thing is when I go I stay at a hotel and visit both days!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 05:20 PM

Question Need bus/van info

Hello,
Ladies, I need your help. I need to get to Midstate for Saturday evening visits. I'm coming from Long Island but will go where I have to. From what I told only Flamboyant services that time, but the numbers I have for them are disconnected. If anyone has another number or company I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Seperated But Inseparable

Question Transportation To Hale Creek From NYC!!!

Hey PTO peeps, anybody know of any transportation to Hale Creek from NYC? My friend b/f is in there and she only knows of one very unprofessional van service that only communicate to their customers via text msg, and changes their prices from $50-$60 when they feel. Any info u have will be appreciated!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:04 PM
with u is where i rater b

sorry to say happy journey is the only one ..and they are very very rude on the phone..

Ever since you went away i been missin u EVERYDAY
Old 08-29-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnzPYTlvzKev View Post
sorry to say happy journey is the only one ..and they are very very rude on the phone..
Dang girl...........well I"ll let her know!! Thats crazy that another bus company doesnt go up!! I guess some ppl from nyc need to carpool!! Saves alot of money that way anyway!!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Missin' him always...
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiewansWife View Post
Hey PTO peeps, anybody know of any transportation to Hale Creek from NYC? My friend b/f is in there and she only knows of one very unprofessional van service that only communicate to their customers via text msg, and changes their prices from $50-$60 when they feel. Any info u have will be appreciated!!!
damn they only communicate by text message!?! thats crazy... im shocked they get business
Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpswifey View Post
damn they only communicate by text message!?! thats crazy... im shocked they get business
Yeah only text msgs.........they only get business bcuz they seem to be the only company goin to Hale Creek, so I guess the ppl goin there have to just deal with there BS......it sucks for them!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:12 PM

I rode with Happy Journey to Hale Creek every other week for 6 months and never had a problem. You dont have to bring cash with you to the stop because they take credit card payments or you can go to HSBC Bank and deposit the money in thier checking account. Yes they do keep in contact by text after you rode with them the first time, but I think its great, no misunderstandings - you got it in writing. They are the only Van service that goes directly to the facility and we always got there early. Once I called to late and they were full so I took Amtrack, it cost me $150 and I got to Amsterdam, the closest stop, at noon because the train only goes there twice on week-ends, I had to than call a taxi to take me and pick me up from Hale Creek, $15 each way, after my 3 hour visit, all the time left, the taxi took me back to the small station and I waited there for 2 more hours for the next train back to Manhattan. It was very expensive compared to Happy Journeys $50 when I was going. Greyhound also goes up there but than you have to take a taxi to get to the facility from the Greyhound stop. As far as them being rude, you usually get what you give, the lady I spoke to was very pleasant and the driver was a good driver and didn't say much, it was always the same driver. After my first visit I would call and leave a message I wanted to go, than I would make my deposit, call and leave the reference #, and I would get a text that I was on the list and all set to go on the visit, simple and safe. And there was always a seat for me. Thats why I was surprised anyone had a problem with Happy Journey but I guess it could happen.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:00 AM

Thumbs up i need a ride 2 onieda

[quote=Manzanita;1719333]Who here can "share a ride" for other members? please post...

who needs a ride? please post...

please add some dates if you can, for the times you are available to share a ride for future reference

PLease do not REPOST the same request or offers more than once
Unless it is a NEW request or offer.

Members read through and will respond

Please do not POST email addresses, PM members to get together
Old 09-05-2009, 03:03 AM

Default help please

if anyone can give me aride 2 onieda please hit me at saxamir1@yahoo.com
Old 09-05-2009, 03:12 AM

Thumbs up help with a ride please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksbabe View Post
I'm in ny (bx) willing to share a ride as long as ur willing to share expenses. I go to oneida and I'm also willing to go to mohawk, I believe that's the other facility like a block from oneida. I have no problem with kids as long as u control ur kids. I can bring my own car or if u have one we can ride in urs either way it don't make a difference just let me know in advance. Oh yeah and if u can drive and we can split the trip, that's even better. I go whenever I feel up to it so if u let me know in advance, we good to go
i have money, it's only myself. i really would appriciate the ride as soon as ur able hit me up please 26yrs,f,black. saxamir1@yahoo.com
Old 09-05-2009, 10:11 PM

Hello..i am new to this ..my hubby just got to Oneida Correctional Facility..and i wanted to go visit him September 12th..i plan on going down there the friday before..could anyone tell me what to expect? I am really nervous and have never visited a prison..just the little min ones..could someone give me the 411 please?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswiatek View Post
Hello..i am new to this ..my hubby just got to Oneida Correctional Facility..and i wanted to go visit him September 12th..i plan on going down there the friday before..could anyone tell me what to expect? I am really nervous and have never visited a prison..just the little min ones..could someone give me the 411 please?
did u go? if not, hit me asap i'll tell u, if u did go, hit me still n let me know how it go
Old 09-06-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahsah View Post
did u go? if not, hit me asap i'll tell u, if u did go, hit me still n let me know how it go

hey..no i havent gone yet..i am going this coming fri-sat..i also want to bring a package and leave him some com. money..could you tell me all about it please..im a little nervous.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
hey..no i havent gone yet..i am going this coming fri-sat..i also want to bring a package and leave him some com. money..could you tell me all about it please..im a little nervous.
just call them n ask what they can or can't have n how much weight, there is a limit. but u do that in the same area in the waiting room. how r u geting there

Last edited by sahsah; 09-06-2009 at 11:38 AM..
Old 09-06-2009, 11:36 AM

how u geting there?
Old 09-06-2009, 01:52 PM

me and my friend are taking my car down there friday..and spending the night at a hotel thats right by the facility.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
me and my friend are taking my car down there friday..and spending the night at a hotel thats right by the facility.
i would like 2 come if possible. i got money. i miss my husband n i don't do the bus anymore
Old 09-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Default Ride to Onieda

Girl, Make sure the one who is doing the driving gets 8 hours of sleep the night before, otherwise you will be driven in a ditch as I experienced 3 years ago. Its a 5 hour ride.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 PM

oh my goodness..i hope you were okay..my plan was to go down friday..spend the night then drive back sat..and i know ill be fine since i wont have my 3 month old daughter to have to get up and feed during the night..so the first time in 3 months i will be able to sleep a straight 6-8 hrs which is plenty ..thank you though for making sure
Old 09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Donation Award 

Smile Hale Creek Transport

Since 1989, we have been providing transportation to Hale Creek. Every six months there is a new group of inmates coming to Hale Creek and old ones leaving. The prices to Hale Creek has remain the same for more than ten years (10). On a good week-end we move fifteen passengers. These days we are moving eight passengers on saturdays and four on Sundays. The price to travel to Hale Creek on saturday is $50.00 for adults and kids ages 4 thru 9 $30.00. The Sundays' trip is $60.00 for adults and kids 4-9 the same $30.00.

The reason for this price difference on Sunday is, we provide services to another facility an hour away from Hale Creek, and this is what makes it possible for us to get people to Hale Creek on Sundays. With the taxis' who gets $20.00 per passengers makes it possible for everyone to get to their facility on time. Please note, the the people for Hale Creek cannot carry the cost of the trip themselves on Sundays.

Over the years we have seen carriers come to Hale Creek and ended up leaving, why?.. Not enough business to sustain themselves at Hale Creek.

Some of the girls who come to Hale Creek, comes with attittude, we don't have time for this, its hard enough to provide the service to Hale Creek, especially on Sundays.

Now, some complain about our texting, and they say its unprofessional, are they in the real world? Let me explain...... for the first timers, they are introduce to our way of operation, once this is achieve we find that texting is more reliable than passing information on thru the phone. We also accept credit cards is that unprofessional?

Its unfortunate that some choose to smeer us by putting out false information, we have been serving the public for over 20 years with no problems.

Mr. William Mayia, founder and Ceo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlBilly View Post
I am having a tough time getting Happy Journey to pick up their phone even. They were texting me back and forth and not making sense, real sketchy. They said deposit the money in our account, then get the name on the list. Hale Creek says they are legit but I think I found an alternative.
I met a guy on craigslist who will beat their price too, if we can get a few people together, but if I could find somebody who drives who is the visitor, I will pay for the gas and expenses. If we work together maybe we can get this going on. please hit me up. ms_beabout at yahoo.... thank you
Nothing sketchy about them, call 411 ask for Happy Journey they are listed.visit they web-sight @ happyjourneylimo you will get the full picture.they also accept all major credit card, anything sketchy about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid280 View Post
any other van service to Hale Creek other than Happy Journey.
NO! Whats the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueatiful tay View Post
do you know happy journey's number
yes! 973-667-9899 0r you can email them @ rc518happy@aol.com or tex 718-856-6692

I hope in the future you take the time,to do some research before believing what one person tells you. We can give you a number of references of many of our costomers thats happy with the services we are providing. we will begin posting pictures on our page of many of our happy costomer riding on the Happy Journey Van!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilluv117 View Post
Hello, I usually drive to Hale Creek and I'd be willing to car pool. We can split the expenses. PM me if anyone is interested.
what time will we get to Hale Creek? becourse, the Happy Journey Van! always get there @ 8.00 am! sharp. will you get enougth sleep before driving? Do you expect for me to help you drive? becourse I can't, I dont drive.His your car in good shape to make the trip up there? if you breakdown do you expect for me to help you with the expences? and most of all do you have the required Insurance on your vihicle to carry extra passengers in case of an accident? If you change your mind about driving here is the # you can call 718-856-6692 or 973-667-9899 you will get alot of sleep on the way-up there. This will help you to keeping your eyes open on the visit. it will pay off @ the end of the trip Mr. Happy! your Service provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay_wife13 View Post
Does anyone know of any other bus company besides happy journey that i can use to visit my husband in Hale Creek
Yes! Grayhound, Armtrack, more money, but they will get you there. lot more money. can you afford $150.00 compare to $60.00?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay_wife13 View Post
Thank you much. Im going to check it out and see what I can come up with. Every bus company I called doesn't go up there or they never heard of Hale Creek. Then when they tell me they don't go but they know someone who does and when they give me the number it's happy journey. For some reason I don't want to deal with them. They charge $60.00 on Sunday and 50.00 on saturday and Im only 3 1/2 hours away from there. Why pay 60.00 to go there when i was paying 60.00 to go see my husband in Gowanda and thats 7 1/2 hours away. Im going this weekend and if I have to rent a car I just will at least I will be in my own space. I haven't seen my husband since April.
To answer, your question, the prices that we charge as nothing to do with how far the place is.Rider- ship to Hale Creek is very small, 5 to 7 passengers on any giving weekend,thats why no one else goes to Hale Creek, once A carrier gets there, they find that they can cover the cost of getting to that Facility with five people. Soo, if you dont know what you are talking about feel free to asked.We ourself find it hard, providing service to Hale Creek. if you choose to rent a car, good for you, just keep your eyes open on the return home after your visit.

Quote:
I am having a tough time getting Happy Journey to pick up their phone even. They were texting me back and forth and not making sense, real sketchy. They said deposit the money in our account, then get the name on the list. Hale Creek says they are legit but I think I found an alternative.
I met a guy on craigslist who will beat their price too, if we can get a few people together, but if I could find somebody who drives who is the visitor, I will pay for the gas and expenses. If we work together maybe we can get this going on. please hit me up. ms_beabout at yahoo.... thank you
whats your problem with Happy Journey?

Quote:
whats your problem with Happy Journey?

we provide transportation to Summit Shock, Hale Creek and Tryon Youth Center in Johnson, New York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBid View Post
well hello everyone my boyfriend has been tranfered to summit shock. can anyone give me any info about that place. as far as transportation mail telephone calls visits lol and how long the program is.. he been at lakeview since dec and he has been moved there...anything anybody? thanks
call Happy journey, they goes to Summit Shock, @ 718-856-6692 or 973-667-9899

Last edited by Momma Ann; 08-12-2010 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: various transport responses
Old 09-11-2009, 08:54 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1855happy View Post
Since 1989, we have been providing transportation to Hale Creek. Every six months there is a new group of inmates coming to Hale Creek and old ones leaving. The prices to Hale Creek has remain the same for more than ten years (10). On a good week-end we move fifteen passengers. These days we are moving eight passengers on saturdays and four on Sundays. The price to travel to Hale Creek on saturday is $50.00 for adults and kids ages 4 thru 9 $30.00. The Sundays' trip is $60.00 for adults and kids 4-9 the same $30.00.

The reason for this price difference on Sunday is, we provide services to another facility an hour away from Hale Creek, and this is what makes it possible for us to get people to Hale Creek on Sundays. With the taxis' who gets $20.00 per passengers makes it possible for everyone to get to their facility on time. Please note, the the people for Hale Creek cannot carry the cost of the trip themselves on Sundays.

Over the years we have seen carriers come to Hale Creek and ended up leaving, why?.. Not enough business to sustain themselves at Hale Creek.

Some of the girls who come to Hale Creek, comes with attittude, we don't have time for this, its hard enough to provide the service to Hale Creek, especially on Sundays.

Now, some complain about our texting, and they say its unprofessional, are they in the real world? Let me explain...... for the first timers, they are introduce to our way of operation, once this is achieve we find that texting is more reliable than passing information on thru the phone. We also accept credit cards is that unprofessional?

Its unfortunate that some choose to smeer us by putting out false information, we have been serving the public for over 20 years with no problems.

Mr. William Mayia, founder and Ceo.

Its nice for you to explain how your business is ran, but I made the comment because of what I was told by one of your passengers. Its not that I'm trying to put your company down, its just an opinion that I stated. Me personally, wouldn't really care how your business was operated because I never rode with your company before. I was just trying to get some info for a friend, because she was trying to get to the facility but the ride up there was canceled. But anyway, good luck with your company, and I wish you guys the best.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Mz.JoHnSoN 2 u

can some one tell me how far is albany in miles or time to marcy correctional does anyone go from the hudson valley area i have a car just wondering the trip alone would be a killer.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Mz.JoHnSoN 2 u

[where do u live/ i need to go to marcy
Old 09-27-2009, 01:10 PM

anyone going to oneida sometime in october possibly?...