Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Mule Creek State Prison in Ione, California.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:22 PM

Hi! I'm new to PTO. I just had my first visit to MCSP to meet my best friend's cousin, who has been there for 6 years and is now in A Gym. Through our correspondence we'd forged a profound spiritual and emotional connection, and on the second day of our visit we expressed our love for each other, and I've never felt a love so deep and close. It's a love given freely without expectation, because he's a lifer with parole eligibility but even if we marry we will never get family/conjugals because of violence against a minor.

I'm very concerned about his nutritional needs as he suffers fatigue from Hep C and is denied treatment based on being too healthy. I'm also anticipating doing a lot of work leading up to his parole hearing and appealing it if necessary.

I'm hoping to learn from you all and grow into relationships of solidarity and mutual aid. I also am looking for people to traverse the great distance with from Phoenix to Ione. I don't have a driver's license and I'm a poor student, so I'm currently planning my next trip via greyhound to Lodi, bicycling to Ione, and camping. The difficulty doesn't deter me, but it will be nice when I can coordinate with others on the same mission

Last edited by thornlover; 01-12-2010 at 02:28 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

welcome thornlover. My loved one is on A yard too. We were probably in the visiting room at the same time if you were there Sunday morning. It sounds like you had a great visit! Congrats.

I don't travel your direction so I can't help you there but I hope you are able to find someone to travel with.

Let us know if you have any questions. There is usually always someone here to help out.

Wishing you all the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornlover View Post
Hi! I'm new to PTO. I just had my first visit to MCSP to meet my best friend's cousin, who has been there for 6 years and is now in A Gym. Through our correspondence we'd forged a profound spiritual and emotional connection, and on the second day of our visit we expressed our love for each other, and I've never felt a love so deep and close. It's a love given freely without expectation, because he's a lifer with parole eligibility but even if we marry we will never get family/conjugals because of violence against a minor.

I'm very concerned about his nutritional needs as he suffers fatigue from Hep C and is denied treatment based on being too healthy. I'm also anticipating doing a lot of work leading up to his parole hearing and appealing it if necessary.

I'm hoping to learn from you all and grow into relationships of solidarity and mutual aid. I also am looking for people to traverse the great distance with from Phoenix to Ione. I don't have a driver's license and I'm a poor student, so I'm currently planning my next trip via greyhound to Lodi, bicycling to Ione, and camping. The difficulty doesn't deter me, but it will be nice when I can coordinate with others on the same mission
Old 01-16-2010, 03:55 AM

I just had my first visit and was first in line when I arrived a half hour early, not more than a half hour's delay when I arrived right on time because the lines aren't crazy at all and you are processed pretty quickly.

You can bring bills and quarters, both is useful in case a certain machine doesn't like your bills or is otherwise broken, but you can only bring 30 dollars per adult.

You visit in a large room with obnoxiously low tables, and you can walk around the patio or play board games. Mostly you let your loved one eat. Time goes so quickly in there.

It's pretty relaxed... I was even able to sneak in some extra kisses without getting booted, though I did get scolded so be careful.
The Following User Says Thank You to thornlover For This Useful Post:
ginamp420 (01-16-2010)
Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornlover View Post
You can bring bills and quarters, both is useful in case a certain machine doesn't like your bills or is otherwise broken, but you can only bring 30 dollars per adult.
Actually each adult can bring in $50 in single dollar bills or quarters. Used to only be $30, but they increased it a couple years back.

to PTO.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 PM

Does anyone have the number of the Chaplin at Mule Creek. My hubbie was taken out a week ago yesterday to a hospital. He's been quite ill. How do I reach anyone up there that can give me some into. I havn't heard a thing and I'm really worried.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Default Need phone numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kima View Post
Krazee, not sure what yard your man is on, PM me if you need some extension numbers. I've been collecting them!

Also, you can use ext 5500 to get the control switchboard. They can direct your call.

Is there a number for the Chaplin at Mule Creek. My hubbie was taken to a hospital a week ago yesterday. Havn't heard anything. Trying to find some phone numbers (that have real people)

Any info you can send will be appreciated very much

Jeanief
Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Thanked 4,616 Times in 1,700 Posts

Chaplain Scott Barham is at ext 6410

Also, if there isn't a Medical Release of Information form on file, they legally can't give you ANY medical info. But you can also call the Health Care Mgrs Office and ask for a wellness check... ext 5970

Good luck, dear.

The Following User Says Thank You to kima For This Useful Post:
jeanief (03-26-2010)
Old 10-07-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhill View Post
I just found out that my son's fathers is in Mule creek and has been there since 1999. I have all his information and inmate number, but I can not find out any information about why he is there. I cant get a letter back from him and I dont know what to tell my son. I have never even known anyone in prison, so I do not know what direction to go. Please help!!
what is his building and yard number? It is on his address.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:48 PM

my hubby is C yard>
Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 PM

You can call MCSP and talk to records and tell them his son wants tofind his Dad. Od you have his CDC #
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna tuttle View Post
what is his building and yard number? It is on his address.

The post you are replying to is from 2006 I'm sure the OP has gotten their answer

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 PM
ex-attorney; ex-fedcon

Does anyone know if MCSP accepts ADA inmates on there SNY yard?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:30 PM
THE DRAGON LADY

Thanked 2,165 Times in 860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedCon90265 View Post
Does anyone know if MCSP accepts ADA inmates on there SNY yard?
There are many ADA inmates at MCSP. MCSP is entirely SNY to my knowledge.

I will warn you that if your guy is Level II he will be in a gym on an Ebunk and that the Byard gym is not ADA friendly and they are refusing to accommodate inmates. They are transferring them to other institutions instead.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:13 AM

Talking what!!!???? No pics?

I'm really curious to know if the state of Ca. posts the inmate pic and their bios. of crime (s) commited. I know the state of Mo. does and all I can find for Ca. is just where the inmate is housed. Did I miss something?Thx Barbara-whats your middle name- Anne, Louise, or like me.....Barbara Jean?lol!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Welcome Guests

We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing our Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) forum, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

Sincerely,

CA Staff
Old 12-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

I'm just wondering of anyone can help me with some pointers and information on the visiting at Mule Creek. My "love" might be getting transferred there (to be closer to me) and we don't know anything about that prison. If anyone can help me out that would be appreciated.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisaACP View Post
I'm just wondering of anyone can help me with some pointers and information on the visiting at Mule Creek. My "love" might be getting transferred there (to be closer to me) and we don't know anything about that prison. If anyone can help me out that would be appreciated.
Hi Melisa, Welcome. Hopefully your guy will get transferred so you can be closer together.

Visiting is very laid back. It's Saturday and Sunday 8:30 to 3:00pm. Some yards are busier then others so your arrival time will depend on which yard he's on. There's no lining up or sleeping in your car so that is nice. Also, you don't need to make appointments (yet). Once he makes the move let us know and we can give you more info. As far as what to wear... no blue or green, nothing low cut or skirts 2" above the knee. They just started saying no white Tshirts as well. We all wear alot of black, red, pinks and purples.

That's about all the general info I have for now. Like I said earlier. Let us know when he gets moved and what yard he's on and we can help you more.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned

Aww..thank you! he goes in for his annual in Feburary then he will request a transfer; I don't know how long it takes for a reply! He's in Corcoran right now and it's a 3hr drive for me each way. Mule Creek will only be a little over an hour drive for me!
As soon as we hear something I will get back with you.

thanks again!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

I relate. I drive 3 1/2 hours each way every other weekend to see my guy. Unfortunately for me there's nothing closer... except maybe High Desert but I really don't want him up there. I like Mule Creek. It's very mellow as far as prisons go.

Good Luck!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:52 PM
THE DRAGON LADY

Thanked 2,165 Times in 860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisaACP View Post
Aww..thank you! he goes in for his annual in Feburary then he will request a transfer; I don't know how long it takes for a reply! He's in Corcoran right now and it's a 3hr drive for me each way. Mule Creek will only be a little over an hour drive for me!
As soon as we hear something I will get back with you.

thanks again!
Just a word of warning - it is not easy to get into Mule Creek. My son was there and did not want to leave --- but they moved him anyway.

So don't get your hopes up "too" high and be disappointed if he does not get transferred there.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
Just a word of warning - it is not easy to get into Mule Creek. My son was there and did not want to leave --- but they moved him anyway.

So don't get your hopes up "too" high and be disappointed if he does not get transferred there.
My friend, who has spent 1 year in reception at San Quentin, is endorsed for Mule Creek but was told that there were 75 people ahead of him on the waiting list and that only about 2 go to MC from SQ every month.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

WOW...I guess Mule Creek is the place to be...huh? (as far as prisons go) Thank you very much for the information and we will just have to cross our fingers and see what the future holds....It would be "real" nice to have him closer to me and that I would be able to visit him more often then once a month!

thanks again ladies
Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephvinnie View Post
I relate. I drive 3 1/2 hours each way every other weekend to see my guy. Unfortunately for me there's nothing closer... except maybe High Desert but I really don't want him up there. I like Mule Creek. It's very mellow as far as prisons go.

Good Luck!
Thank you! Now I'm really wanting him to put in for a transfer! At first I was kind of concerned cause I said how much better can it be (as far as prisons go)? Besides the fact that he would be closer to me is the bonus!

Thank you again!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 AM

hi... just wanted to stop by and say... god willing we will be to mule creek soon do you have to get there early to get into the prison like other prisons and if so how early thanks ladies
Old 02-22-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABYDOLL HENRY View Post
I'm really curious to know if the state of Ca. posts the inmate pic and their bios. of crime (s) commited. I know the state of Mo. does and all I can find for Ca. is just where the inmate is housed. Did I miss something?Thx Barbara-whats your middle name- Anne, Louise, or like me.....Barbara Jean?lol!!!!!!!!!
I don't think you're missing anything. It used to be that they didn't even have an online search for California prisoners and I missed it at first when they installed it. I think it was fairly recent. You used to have to call and wait for a very long time to get a reply to where an inmate was. Each state has a different online protocol. Just because one state does something doesn't mean another state will do it the same way.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORKERBEE View Post
hi... just wanted to stop by and say... god willing we will be to mule creek soon do you have to get there early to get into the prison like other prisons and if so how early thanks ladies
Welcome Workerbee. I hope you like it here!

Your best bet for getting answers to visiting questions is to go to the Mule Creek Visiting Thread. It's got lots of great info.

Click here: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=520970

That will take you right to it.

Good Luck!