Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 07-15-2006, 08:57 AM

Unhappy ANYONE at Central Florida Reception Center??

If you have a loved one at CFRC, PLEASE let me know if you have heard from them. My fiancee' hasn't called since Monday, (no disagreements)
when I called the "lady" that answered the phone laughed and said "yeah there is a reason he can't use the phone." No more info til Monday. I'm going nuts !!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:02 AM

He might of gotten a D.R. and got his phone priveleges suspended. Do you know if he is open pop, or a cm? If he is a CM it is harder to use the phone. Especially if you are cm1
Old 07-22-2006, 01:25 PM

Default dont worry annie

yatahe annie hello,
my husband was at CFRC a few weeks ago. A lot of the time that our loved ones are sent to CFRC it is because they are going to be placed at another facility. They are held here until the authorities decide where they will be relocated to.
It was sooooo hard not knowing what was going on especially not having any mail from my husband to let me know how he was.
You can look up the DOC records and keep a track on where your loved one is. The authorities are not allowed to give you out much information. But the minute that your loved one is allocated a new facility it will show up on his DOC records...
I hope this helps. If I can help you anymore just IM me.
Wakan Tanka Niya Wakan
Spirit Dreamer
Old 07-23-2006, 09:28 AM
~Forever & Ever~

Default Cfrc

My fiance is also at CFRC awaiting transfer to Marion C.I. I spoke to him 3 days ago and asked him why I had not heard from him. From what he told me the phine system there is very scheduled. Only certain dorms can use the phone one certain days of the week and you have to write your name on a list and wait, if count is called it starts all over. So I wouldnt worry, he is probably just not getting a chance. If he is awaiting transfer he shouldnt be there long and will hopefully be somewhere and settled soon so he can call you. Good luck
Old 07-27-2006, 05:05 PM

Default My son at CFRC

My son was at CFRC for just two nights last week on his way up from Miami. He is now at Brevard. He couldn't use the phone there either and he told me that the guards there were so horrible and so disgusting that all he can do is pray for them.
I'm sorry you haven't heard from your loved one and I pray you hear soon. This is so stressful but I did hear the CFRC is much different than SFRC in miami.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Closed

Hey...
I have the same problem.
i haven't heard anything from my boyfriend after he arrived at CFRC. Usually he wrote twice a week.

what does "open pop" or "cm" mean???
Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Donation Award 

My son was transferred to cfrc on oct 5th I did receive a letter from him on the 12th but I have not received a letter or phone call since. I called cfrc and the woman said she could not give me any info on him but that he was probably busy with all they had to do there. I am so worried because if he got that letter out why hasn't he written since?? I hope to God that I am over reacting but it is really starting to get to me. I wonder if they give him my letters, or how long it takes for him to get a letter?
Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milena
what does "open pop" or "cm" mean???
Open Pop is in Open population it would be a dorm bunk and CM is Close management means a one or two man cell. it would be the level of management he is as in Max Med or Min. there is also different levels of CM there is CM I, CM II, CM III
Old 12-11-2006, 09:52 PM

my hubby just got transferred to cfrc today and he got to call me tonight. he had been at rmc work camp and everyone, including him thought he was on his way to work release. after a long bus ride, he ended up in central florida. any reason they would send him so far? any chance that he will be sent back up to north florida?
Old 01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Missing my baby

My boyfriend is currently at CFRC-E. He writes me n stuff like that but he hasn't called not that he can anyway being that i only have cell phone.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:59 AM

My husband was a perm. at cfrc-east for a few years I will be happy to help answer any questions that I can.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:18 AM
waiting_on_him_2018

My bf spent 6 years at CFRC-East. he says it takes about 8 weeks for the guys to get fully processed and assigned to either another camp or the other side of the rec yard. When he was moved to Marion CI it took him almost as long to process in. He did say there are a million and 1 thing they put them through during that process. Another thing, instead of talking to whoever answers the phone I would sugest talking to his classification officer, they have always been very helpful, not to much info, but enough to know your loved one is not in confinement or in sick bay. Sometimes that helps.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:31 AM

Yes talk to his co.That was the only way I found things out sometimes....Michaels was helpful most of the time..We had issues with the phone list, my number had changed, we were going to have to wait a long time before he could submit a new list but I called his co and he fixed it.It took about two days and we were talking again...
Old 08-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Hurry Home Baby

How do you find out who the Classification Officer is? How do you get in touch with them....

I am preparing myself for when he does go to CFRC which could be tonight, it could be next week. I don't know. I hope it's not til next week, I'd like to be able to see him more than once before he leaves.

I will be loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Hurry Home Baby

Okay so I got notification that he was moved last night, which is really hurting me.

So with the way things have been I have only seen him once. Talked to him twice since Monday. With the way Central Florida Reception Center is there is no visitation, and could take weeks before he calls me. On top of that I have to wait until I am approved for the visition at the prison.

Additionally, I have to change to global-tel-link and I have to wait for him to try calling first before they will do the switch. I went to evercom when he was in jail, but they don't service the CFRC nor do they service many of the prisons.

I also sent an email to the CFRC asking if his DC number would stay the same and they told me yes, but that I wouldn't be allowed to send him anything while he is incarcerated. Refer to the DC website for specifics. I responded with I can't send him letters or paper or envelopes, and her response was again refer to the DC website for specifics.

So what can I send him while he is at CFRC since they won't give me a direct answer.

Thanks!

I will be loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:26 PM
i love alan d 4 ever!

my man just got put there today! cfrc! im worried about him but i guess ill findout in time how everythin is
Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,123 Posts

My son was there 2x and several others here had loved ones there, there's been no problems that I know of. It takes awhile for them to get classified and b4 they can call. Write and send him stamps, paper and envelopes, I got my 1st letter about 10 days after the got there. the beginning of this jorney is always scary with all the unknowns.

"Snowflakes are one of natures most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together" Vista M. Kelly
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Donation Award 

My husband was just placed there on the 23rd and I got my first letter a week after that and my first phone call tonight! They are only supposed to call once while they are there but he snuck in 3 more calls I dont know the normal waiting time for the phone to be approved, but my number has been approved by DOC before for my dad and I already had an account set up with CBS so I might have gotten my call sooner than most.
Someone did steal his stuff though because he didn't have a lock on his locker. Thats the only problem so far though.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 PM

I got a letter today from my son who was transferred there last tuesday and I got a letter today, saturday. he wrote and mailed it on wednesday or thursday. But big time complained about how disgusting it was there...mildew and rust, and afraid to touch most everything...let alone the toilet. Anybody else's guys complained about filthy living conditions?

My other questions was how to get ahold of his CO. I read somewhere on here about calling them.

My son was also charged as youthful offender. Does anyone have experience with that and where they may send him? He really only has 250 days approx. to serve after time served at county and a christian half way house that they gave him credit for, and will probably be classified non violent offender I am assuming since the charge was burglary of unocc conveyance (cars).

The no phone use is disturbing when I am used to talking to him everyday to know he is ok.

any insight would be much appreciated
worried mom
Old 05-16-2009, 04:55 PM

Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,123 Posts

My son never said anything about the filth, but he was there in the winter so no mildew I suppose. As a YO he will go to Brevard, Lancaster or Lake City. Brevard is the worst of the 3. Lots of fighting.
It is hard not talking to him I know. It was 17 days before my son could call and since he is housed with other YO if 1 causes troulbe they all lose priviledges.
I encourage you to come and visitParents with Children in Prison where you will find lots of moms and a few dads who understand having a child in prison.

"Snowflakes are one of natures most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together" Vista M. Kelly
Old 05-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop's mom View Post
... since he is housed with other YO if 1 causes troulbe they all lose privileges.
Yes I am thinking getting classified YO was not necessarily a blessing. Not seeing a benefit from it. He has already complained wishing he was with the older group.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:29 PM
So in Love with Rick

Default looking

Is there anyone out there have a loved one or anyone at CFRC main unit?
Old 02-23-2017, 05:22 PM

My fiance was just moved to CFRC yesterday. I don't know what to expect.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:20 AM

My friend is there in the East Unit.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:01 AM

My son is at cfrc main unit and I he hasn't been able to reach me on the phone yet. I haven't heard his voice since 12-19-2017 . How can I get a message to him to call me? The phone account is ready and active. Please help. I miss him so much