Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Loving my former inmate

Question Any info on Post Release Supervision Maximum Expiration Date?

Hey everyone out there on PTO !
I wanted to ask if anyone out there had any experience with or info about this whole post release supervision maximum expiration date . My boyfriend is scheduled to be released next week. So after looking up his info on the doc website i noticed that his P.R.S.M.E.D. is December 2008 meaning that when he comes home he'll be on parole for a year and a half (18 months approximately) . now what blew my mind about this is the fact that he was originally arrested in October 2005. He got sent upstate in January 2006. He was sentenced to 2 and 1/2 years (approximately 30 Months) so if my math serves me correctly , from October "05 til June "07 he served 20 Months so even if they made him stay on parole for the rest of his sentence, 10 more months after June 2007 is April 2008, Right? So I was wondering why would they have an additional 8 months of parole bestowed upon him :shake: if he's served the bulk of his sentence, on good behavior, completed all of his programs, and what not. Does anyone have any info that might help me with this ? sorry for the long paragraph LOL
Thanks!

~Nini

He is HOME!!!!!!!! As of June 05, 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2007, 11:19 AM

My man got a five year flat bid and an additional 5 years of post release supervision. So I guess it depends on the judge. Call his attorney so he can explain it to you.