Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Fort Dix FCI
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Fort Dix FCI Topics and discussion specific to FCI Fort Dix in Fort Dix, NJ.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Federal Probation

Default Have a friend there...

Have a friend or two in the camp...
And the wisdom to know the difference...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Trying to find info. on Ft. Dix

Hello everyone. In September 2007 my most beloved friend was sentenced to 9 years on federal charges. Today he was moved from MDC Brooklyn to Ft. Dix. Can anyone direct me to a website or provide information such as (1) motels in the area, modes of transport to and from the facility, etc. and (2) what the experience will be like for him?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:18 PM

My husband is at Fort Dix Camp. Is your friend at the camp? I do not know much about transportation or lodging, however you can do a search online for hotels. If you have any specific questions, feel free to pm me.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:49 PM

my husband went to the camp today at fort dix. Im shattered. Im pregnant with a two year old. I dont know what to do with myself
The Following User Says Thank You to mishalz For This Useful Post:
rell123 (08-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2008, 05:35 PM

Please PM me mishalz if you have any questions on Fort Dix. I know it is hard. My husband has been there for 13 months now. It will get easier as time goes on. If you need a friend...I'm here.

Last edited by waiting75; 01-05-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Old 01-12-2008, 01:03 PM

Default He Just went In

My fiance` Jack just self-reported this past Monday to start a 30 month sentence from which we think he will do 21 of. This is a man who never even had a speeding ticket in his life, an Eagle Scout, and never a black mark on his record. Without going into detail, he is in for "Taxes" of all things, but that was even bogus.

So, I've been in shock for the last 5 days with him ripped out of my life, no phone calls yet--though he did manage to get a message to me through another inmates' wife, which was wonderful. I am waiting for my visitation status to be approved, and I'm dying waiting. I thought that I would have heard from him by now. I've sent probably 20 letters already. I've stood by him through all of this mess and I will be diligent up until the day he comes home.

Is there anything you can tell my to lift me up a bit? Any info about phone priviledge, how long it takes for them to approve his list and let him start calling?
He is at Fort Dix Satellite Camp.

Thank-you so much for your time...
~Kristy
Old 01-12-2008, 07:55 PM

I have a good friend at FCI Fort Dix, but not the camp. I am here also if you need to talk. I also note you are in NY, and a female...maybe we can carpool to FCI Fort Dix one day to make visiting loved ones easier.
Sincerely,
Susan
Old 01-30-2008, 07:37 PM

My Fiance Just Went To Fort Dix On Monday. I Haven't Heard From Him Yet. I Live In Baltimore So It's Not Too Far. Anyone With Any Tips Who Know The Ropes. This Is All New To Me. We Have 2 Boys Ages 6 And 15mths.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
friends are timeless

I Got A Good Friend West Side Fort Dix Just Transfered In At Christmas 07 .
dr. seuss
Old 02-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Federal & LASO Forums Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,121 Times in 839 Posts

My son is at Ft. Dix, been there about 11 months. It's not too bad, about a 2.5 hour drive from Baltimore. The COs aren't terrible, I haven't had any real trouble with visiting. They put a new, more sensitive metal detector and an xray machine in a few weeks ago. They do enforce the rules about what you can and can't wear to visit pretty strictly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stillstanding For This Useful Post:
Dave's Sweetie (03-31-2009), medina05 (05-15-2009), MyDito4Life (03-13-2009)
Old 03-15-2008, 12:09 AM

My fiance is at the camp...2 months into a 30 month sentence. He has met others in there who are also serving time for stupid crap and having no business being there at all. So we just sit back and wait while our lives are in limbo... I visit him 3 times a week, but I still miss him tremendously at home, it really sucks...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Donation Award 

Default Fort Dix

My boyfriend is getting transfered to Fort Dix - There is little info on here about Fort Dix - Can anyone give me info - food, living facilities etc. any little help would be appreciated.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 PM

Breezycedar, actually there is quite a bit of info here on Fort Dix. Go to the blue banner running an inch below the top of this page, and click on "Search." Type in "Fort Dix" and read away! You will see many posts by people who've either done time there or who have loved ones who have (and are).

If after reading the posts you still have questions, I'm sure you could PM any of them, and they would be happy to help you.

(Do note that there is a Medium-Low security FCI facility there as well as a Camp. When you ask questions, you'll save some time if you indicate which facility you're asking about). Good luck!!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Donation Award 

Default thanks

Thanks I will do that now - I really have not researched how to travel through this site - busy reading - so thanks

Old 04-15-2008, 12:01 PM

My fiance is in Fort Dix. He has been incarcerated for almost 3 years... We have been an on and off thing for 6 years, but now we are engaged. I have not been able to see him, b/c I cannot get approved. I'm on probation and until recently did not know that you need approval from the PO to visit him. My PO won't give me approval b/c its a violation of my probation to have any contact with him.. But I still write, and he calls. I have way too much love in my heart for him... Theres only 9 more months of my probation, and 2-5 years left on his sentence. I just want to see him and at least give him a hug... sighs and tears until then... :-(.. I have aol if anyone wants to contact me:: email removed per PTO policy, please PM member.

Last edited by PT ROSE; 03-05-2009 at 07:46 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Y0zKiKi For This Useful Post:
LionessLove (04-18-2009)
Old 04-21-2008, 04:17 PM

I'm so grateful to find this thread. DT was recently transferred from Ray Brook to Fort Dix. I've been approved to visit and planning to go this weekend. We haven't seen each other in over 3 years at which point we weren't together. We've since re-united and I can't wait to see him and touch him and hopefully give him a huge kiss. Any suggestions about visiting / places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:50 PM

Default visiting

Hi Fort Dix friends!
I visited my man this weekend. It was amazing. So, here's how it goes...I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Mt. Holly. It's close (but confusing) to the FCI. If it's your 1st visit, give yourself time to get lost. The google directions bring you to Fort Dix military base rather than the FCI.

So, there are several checkpoints. The first is while you're still in your car. Be prepared to show your license and registration. Once you get a "day pass" for your car, you are directed to the "visitors" lot. Be sure you know if your going to the east side or the west side. I visited the east.

We had to stand in line (outside) until 8:30am...I was 2nd in line on Sat and 1st on Sun. Didn't want to lose a single minute. Once they let you in, you'll be asked to complete a form with your info and the inmate you're visiting. One at a time you'll be processed through the metal detector. I didn't see anyone get "hand checked". Just like the airport...you need to send your shoes through the xray machine. Be sure to leave everything locked in the care...they'll only give you a locker if you arrive by taxi or bus. They stamp your hand and take you through by groups of 10.

At the next stop point you put your hand under a black light and then walk across a "courtyard" to enter the visiting room. Pick up a table, if available, and stake out your seats. There are several machines with soda/water, snacks, ice cream, sandwiches, oatmeal, yogurt, chicken wings, pastries.... Bring quarters, ones and/or fives to use for food.

The best thing is you can kiss and hug at the beginning of the visit. We sat next to each other and were able to touch, hold hands and he even rubbed a tense spot in my back It was an amazing visit!!! Be sure to ask your man to get some photo tickets. It's a great opportunity to hold each other real close.

Let me know when/if you visit Ft. Dix. We could all use the support of each other

~Dee

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dee1981 For This Useful Post:
ATCsMom (07-06-2008), Krista5386 (04-28-2008), MsEightball (06-22-2010), Softlips (06-06-2008)
Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 AM

Default Can anyone tell me about FMC Ft. Worth????

We have just found out that our son is going to FMC Ft. Worth. Does anyone have any information to help us out???
Old 05-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned

Wisc.toTexas, I am not familiar with the mens side of FMC Fort Worth; only the ladies at FMC Carswell which is in Fort Worth. All in all it is as good as any prison camp in the states. They are all prisons. Some just a little more laid back than others. I keep in cotact with two ladies there and from they both tell me it isn't really that bad of a place to be prison. I hope your son doesn't have a lengthy sentence and will be back with you fairly soon. May God bless you all and hopefully you will find answers you are looking for.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:07 PM

Default Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I will keep on looking.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:18 PM

Default Husband in Ft Worth

My husband has been doing time in Ft Worth for the past 4 years and he says it is one of the easiest places he has done time. Everyone there is pretty much either close to going home or on short sentences so it's pretty laid back. Like every prison it has it's ups and down. The visits are nice, they have an inside and outside area where you can sit and talk. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'm happy to answer
Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM

My fiancee is at fort dix, the west end. fort dix isn't so bad as far as visiting, it can be confusing to get there though & they can be strict about your clothing that you wear to the visit. I need information on how to get married at fort dix, can anybody help me? PPPPPLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:13 PM

mannswifey, you trying to get married? how exciting. Sorry I don't know more about how to do it there. I guess I would start with his case manager? Let me know how it works out.

The Following User Says Thank You to dee1981 For This Useful Post:
mannswifey03 (05-27-2008)
Old 05-27-2008, 09:15 PM

Yes, I want to marry him so bad that I don't even care if I have to do it at a prison. I will have him talk to his case manager, thanks. And I will definitely keep you posted on how it goes . Thanks for responding .
Old 06-17-2008, 09:01 AM

Default Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisc. to Texas View Post
We have just found out that our son is going to FMC Ft. Worth. Does anyone have any information to help us out???
Hi,
my name is Scott and I did 4 yrs. there. The place is very old and dingy. I was there in the early 90's and it wasnt all that bad. You only had to be in your room 3 times for count then you could stay up all night and do whatever. Rules might have changed a bit but i doubt much. Your in with every kind of felon but respect everybody and things are pretty good. I was in with mostly the old time mobsters from the Castellano crime family and they were all pretty cool. Not a bad place to do your time. Hope this helps.