Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 PM

Wink Farmington Treatment Center

So, I finally had a visit with my hubby yesterday and I gotta say it was nice. The staff was nice in the visiting area, and they gave you your space. The only thing we had to do was sign in, put our keys in the locker, and walk through the metal detector. No swabbing of the hair, no shake downs and no nasty looks from the CO's. One of the most calmest place I have seen yet, and my husband has been to Fulton, Pacific and Algoa all in 16 mts.
He can only get 2 visits a month, but I am glad this place is only 45 mins away from the house THANKS MDOC!!! Anyway, I still have a bunch of questions for anyone who has had a loved one come from the treatment side of Farmington.
If he is sentenced 6 months, will they count everyday or is there a chance he will come home earlier?
When will I get notice for a home plan?
Any suggestions on how I can make these last few months go by faster? I cant hardly stand it anymore!
PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 AM

This reply is coming a little late but just now found your post. My son is serving time in FCC in the SO program. It is a good place. Everyone is so nice, when you call to talk to the case worker or PO they are very friendly as is all of the staff. I vist my son 1-2 times monthly. Fortunately I live approx. 11/2 hrs away so it is convenient. Good luck to you and your hubby. My son has another year but will finish the MOSOP in Jan of 2011 so we are hoping for an early release.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:23 PM

I also have good things to say about the MOSOP program and FCC (is that an oxymoron?). What I mean is my husband has really come a long, long way since being there and I am pleased beyond belief with that. I also think that this is the reason that this last stretch has actually been the fastest for me.

PTO has really been my saving grace... Best of luck to you!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:50 AM

My husband is in FTC. If your husband doesn't have a mandatory minimum sentence (ie mine has to serve 85% of his original sentence), there is a possibility of him being released early if he sucessfully completes his treatment ahead of time. They were actually going to release my husband early until HE reminded them that he must serve his 85% and could not be released any earlier.

Good Luck!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:46 PM

Thanks for the response, but my husband is in a 6 month program. So they pretty much has his release date down to the day. Were getting there so I just pray he continues to stay out of trouble so he can come home soon.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:12 AM

My husband is also in the 6 month program. He has served 13 years and had to serve his last 6 months in treatment.
The Following User Says Thank You to FreshStart2 For This Useful Post:
jamiet123 (09-14-2010)
Old 09-14-2010, 01:18 AM

Forgot to add that they also have my husband's release date down to the (exact) day BUT, as I mentioned in my previous post, since he has done so well in the *treatment* program, they were going to release him early until they figured out that it wasn't possible due to his original sentence (not treatment related). Hope that makes sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to FreshStart2 For This Useful Post:
jamiet123 (09-14-2010)
Old 09-14-2010, 05:54 AM

@Freshstart2.. OMG!! Thanks for clarifying that! I understand now! That gives me hope that there is a chance he can maybe come home earlier!! I pray that the same thing happens in my case!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 PM

I'm new to this site and new to the whole "prison" thing. My husband is currently spending time in FTC and is set to be released on 10/21 but next Sunday is my first contact visit since he was transferred there. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect and how long the visits usually are on Sundays? Any advice is appreciated, I'm very excited to see him after being apart for 3 months now. Thank you
Old 09-19-2010, 02:24 PM

Madi!
I sent you a message

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi33 View Post
I'm new to this site and new to the whole "prison" thing. My husband is currently spending time in FTC and is set to be released on 10/21 but next Sunday is my first contact visit since he was transferred there. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect and how long the visits usually are on Sundays? Any advice is appreciated, I'm very excited to see him after being apart for 3 months now. Thank you

Old 09-20-2010, 11:31 PM

Mandi33 let me know if you need further information. Hope you have a good visit.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:35 AM

just out of curiosity! My son will finish his program in Jan of 2011. He has not been in trouble, has done well in the program so I am wondering if he has a chance of an early release. His PO told him a few months back that he could possible get an early realease but my son is telling me not to get excited just in case. As of now his parole date is September of 2011. Is there something specifice on early releases I am unaware of? of is it different for each individual? Kathleenr
Old 09-21-2010, 12:44 PM

From what my husband has told me, he is set to be out on 10/21 but the longest they can hold him is 10/31. He has not had any violations either and is doing very well in the program, I know he is serving the 84 and out program though so it may be different for each program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleenr View Post
just out of curiosity! My son will finish his program in Jan of 2011. He has not been in trouble, has done well in the program so I am wondering if he has a chance of an early release. His PO told him a few months back that he could possible get an early realease but my son is telling me not to get excited just in case. As of now his parole date is September of 2011. Is there something specifice on early releases I am unaware of? of is it different for each individual? Kathleenr
Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 AM

9 times out of 10, when you complete the program, you will be released. When I was there, everyone who completed went home. There is no incentive to hold someone past the treatment completion date, nor do they have the room.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Does Farmington have a womens 120?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butbythegrace View Post
Does Farmington have a womens 120?
No. It is a men's facility.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM

No, FCC is for men only. Kathleenr
Old 02-22-2011, 01:59 PM

I'm getting ready to go into the Missouri prison system in a couple of weeks for a three to four year stretch for two counts of indecent exposure. I don't know where I'm going. I just know my last stay is supposed to be in Farmington for the MOSOP. I'd like to know kinda what to expect for me and my wife and kids. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat76
I'm getting ready to go into the Missouri prison system in a couple of weeks for a three to four year stretch for two counts of indecent exposure. I don't know where I'm going. I just know my last stay is supposed to be in Farmington for the MOSOP. I'd like to know kinda what to expect for me and my wife and kids. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
I'm sorry I just got this I'm hoping your wife or family member gets this and if you do my lo is at FCC also if you have any questions feel free to ask
Old 07-27-2011, 04:50 PM

OK so my hubby is at farmington, he was 12 weeks from coming home when they falsely accused him of having contraband and sent him to the hole and released him from the treatment program. He has a 25 year backup. Can someone please explain to me what the next step is? Will he have to do the whole 25 years or will he be allowed back into treatment at some point?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:20 AM

He can not be released until he has completed the program. I would call his caseworker & ask if he will be allowed back into the program. I have found the caseworkers @ FCC very helpful.

Cheryl
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff's gurl 76
OK so my hubby is at farmington, he was 12 weeks from coming home when they falsely accused him of having contraband and sent him to the hole and released him from the treatment program. He has a 25 year backup. Can someone please explain to me what the next step is? Will he have to do the whole 25 years or will he be allowed back into treatment at some point?
Call around to as many attorneys as possible and ask them there has to be something someone can do to help him they just wanna keep them locked up the longer they are there the longer they get paid. Its horrible but true. If they allow him back in they might make him start all over but by sounds of it they wont allow him a second chance for program n he's probably looking at that 25. I'm sorry I wish ya best of luck please keep me informed.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShaunsGirl3 For This Useful Post:
Cliff's gurl 76 (07-28-2011)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:55 PM

I have actually tried to talk to several caseworkers and they all seem to be in the dark about this matter. I was hoping someone might know a little more about it from personal experience or maybe might have heard something somewhere along the line. Unfortunately this seems to be a very different situation, and seems to be rather unjust. As far as attorneys, all the ones I have spoke to thus far don't have any interest in getting involved. I'm at my witts end. Iv'e been without him 2 years now and there's no way I can make it without him for another 23.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 PM

Don't give up hun. Ill ask my man. Have your man go to law library n find out all his answers.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShaunsGirl3 For This Useful Post:
Cliff's gurl 76 (07-29-2011)
Old 07-29-2011, 08:09 AM

Hi out there Im new to this! I hear that at Fcc in the MOSAP program, they like to kick the guys out so they get more money. Is this true?