Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino Topic and discussion specific to CIM- California Institution for Men, located in Chino, California.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 AM

Hello Im Nesh
Im new to PTO my fiance has been at CIM for about a little over a month, Im still waiting for approval he has 9 months to go in there.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 PM

Hi all,
I am new to CIM but have been in chit chat this month. We are not new to prison, been doing this for years. I hope to get to know you all and help or get help as needed.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:57 PM

Hi everyone,
I am visiting my son for the first time January 7 and trying to find a motel with decent prices I would like to update everyone on what i found. I know this is not the place to put this, but i hope someone can use this information. The Holiday Express Inn is no longer, it is now Hotel Chino Hill if I heard her right. The price right now is only $49.00 a night which is a promotion deal. They have coffee and several eating places very near. The prison is down the road. Hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 PM

Default Hi

My name is Teresa. My son is in prison in Chino. I am dying and I live in northern California. His girlfriend and kids moved down to southern California but he can't live there when he gets out because she is with her brother. I am concerned and trying to find him housing. That is how I found this place.

I have two other grown children and eight of the smartest, funniest, most brilliant grandchildren ever to grace the planet. I am married to my best friend who is also the most awesome man to ever walk the planet so I am lucky in many ways.

But I still cry myself to sleep many nights worrying about my son. Well, that is my introduction.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 AM

Hi and welcome elizss and grammy2eight. See you in chit chat.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 PM

Hello Ladies. My boyfriend is getting transferred to CIM in the next couple days and serving only 5 months(thank god), how long will he be in reception?? and How long will it take to hear from him? We have a baby on the way that should be born right around the same time of his return!!! CROSSING MY FINGERS for a fast waiting period.....
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 AM

I am from Simi Valley and wouldn't mind carpooling with someone to save me from getting on my motorcycle.

nounderwire
Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM

Default Simi Carpool

Hi there to all. I am new here and to the system itself. My dear friend is at CIM and I am waiting on authorization for visitation. The application was completed a little over a month ago now. But if all goes well, and I have an approval soon, since I am located in Chatworth, carpooling from Simi would be a welcoming concept for a long drive.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Loving my King
Donation Award 

Hello Ladies! I am new to this facility as my husband was just transferred there 2 weeks ago. I have been doing this with my husband for 4 years and finally on our way home in few months.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allienmo View Post
Hi there to all. I am new here and to the system itself. My dear friend is at CIM and I am waiting on authorization for visitation. The application was completed a little over a month ago now. But if all goes well, and I have an approval soon, since I am located in Chatworth, carpooling from Simi would be a welcoming concept for a long drive.

Please tell me, to where do we send our completed visitation forms?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cornbread View Post
Hello Ladies! I am new to this facility as my husband was just transferred there 2 weeks ago. I have been doing this with my husband for 4 years and finally on our way home in few months.

Hello and congrats that he will be home with you soon!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Hey ladies I am new here hubby just transfer 2days ago what a blessing about 40min from where I live .i haven't seen him in over 1year half he use to be over 4hours away been waiting for this move for over 2 years I look over this board on off for 2 years its not as busy as it use to be well I just want to say hi
Old 07-20-2013, 09:16 AM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

Hi and welcome. I'm so glad he is so much closer to you know. Enjoy your visits. This forum is very quiet now. Lots if the regulars have either transferred or lucky ones, like myself, have their loved ones home now. I still come on here but since my husband isn't there I'm not on the up and up on info. So much has changed. Don't wanna give out dated info. Again congrats on him being so close to you now.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:02 PM

Hey thanks light at the end for welcome yeah when my hubby went end nov2010 people where all over the board but with people going to county instead of prison it really quiet but thank for the love and even that your man home u still holla at people her and that's really cool of u
The Following User Says Thank You to lovelylori For This Useful Post:
light at end (07-21-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Life is hard. Be kind.

Smile Hello all

Hello to the Chino board group. I am new to this board but not the forum. Prison Talk saved my life when my b/f was at Donovan about 3 years back now.

A friend of mine was sent to Chino about a month or so ago now. Although we haven't been in close touch for a few years now he is very near and dear to my heart and I want to do what I can for him. Since we aren't in touch I have very little info on him, basically only his number and where he is located. I can't imagine what his state of mind is or if he will even write me back. Unless he indicates he doesn't want contact I am going to keep writing. I know how important mail is on the inside. I can't think about him without my heart breaking.

I am sure as time goes on my questions will increase. I hope to get to know some of you. See you on the boards!

A True Friend Puts Money On Your Books
Old 10-30-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunsWthSizzors View Post
Hello to the Chino board group. I am new to this board but not the forum. Prison Talk saved my life when my b/f was at Donovan about 3 years back now.

A friend of mine was sent to Chino about a month or so ago now. Although we haven't been in close touch for a few years now he is very near and dear to my heart and I want to do what I can for him. Since we aren't in touch I have very little info on him, basically only his number and where he is located. I can't imagine what his state of mind is or if he will even write me back. Unless he indicates he doesn't want contact I am going to keep writing. I know how important mail is on the inside. I can't think about him without my heart breaking.

I am sure as time goes on my questions will increase. I hope to get to know some of you. See you on the boards!

Welcome to Chino. My husband is not mainlined here. He is in the hole because the prison he was at didn't have one. He gets released in a couple of months but if there is anything I can help you with, just let me know and I will do my best to guide you in the right direction.
Your name sounds familiar. This is my husbands second bid and I was here a few years back (2009-2010).
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 PM

Default video meeting???

Can anyone give me any information about the video meeting, I am in Ohio and he of course is in CA So I am curious as to how much it costs, can someone in reception do that, I know in reception they cant do phone calls but they can have visitors?? anyone know about it please.... thank you
Old 10-30-2013, 07:03 PM

Default Hello

I was wondering if anybody there at Chino has heard any "rumors" of high risk medical inmates being sent to Chino rather than Stockton, Vacaville or any other "medical" facility?

That is the rumor that is going around one prison where high risk medical inmates are housed.

Any info at all will be appreciated.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:21 PM

My son at Stockton on the Mental side said that they have gotten some of the inmate/patients from Vacaville and recent weeks
Old 06-15-2014, 10:03 PM

How many ladies currently have their LO at CIM?

Old 07-02-2014, 03:21 PM

My son was told today that he will be transferred from Donovan to Chino; why? He is doing well at Donovan and this will make the 6th transfer since 2011. He is much closer where he is and has a sister close by. I don't know where Chino is how much farther or closer. He has depression and has attempted suicide twice. He will be in a SNY yard, but I was told no electricity there so he will not have diversions like TV. What will they do with the TV he brings with him; so many questions.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAdreaming View Post
My son was told today that he will be transferred from Donovan to Chino; why? He is doing well at Donovan and this will make the 6th transfer since 2011. He is much closer where he is and has a sister close by. I don't know where Chino is how much farther or closer. He has depression and has attempted suicide twice. He will be in a SNY yard, but I was told no electricity there so he will not have diversions like TV. What will they do with the TV he brings with him; so many questions.
Who said no electricity? That's funny.
They have electricity there, and can use their televisions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surething88 For This Useful Post:
CAdreaming (09-08-2014)
Old 09-17-2014, 09:53 PM
jbirdfriend

East yard has no electricity not even the extension cord electricity which was a patch job.. makes me sick
Old 06-19-2015, 12:29 PM

Hello. I'mnew to this website. My husband has been down for about a year. He did most of his time in Avenal and was moved to Norco about two months ago. Out of nowhere they recently moved him to Chino prison and hhe's also in reception in palm hall section. He's been there since Sunday I haven't even got a letter from him I know there's no phones in reception but any idea how long he will be stuck in reception? His out date was Oct 1st he is still waiting for his 35% credit to be applied. Any ideas why they would move him from norco to chino?? Any input is appreciated. Why doesn't chino prison ever answer their phones??
Old 06-19-2015, 05:42 PM

Unhappy Frazzled

Hello Everyone, I am new here. My boyfriend just arrived at Chino 06/04/15 as far as I know he is still in reception Birch Hall. I have received a few letters from him but he apparently isn't getting any of my mail and the tone of his letters makes me really worried. You obviously cannot get through on the phone. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to assist him in receiving my mail. I also put money on his books June 11th via Jpay and when I realized through one of his letters that he still hasn't got any of my mail I called Jpay to confirm it had been sent over and they assured me that it had been but now its in the hands of CIM and its them that are holding his funds for whatever reason. Would the Ombudsman be able to help me? Please help, thanx in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to PixieChick For This Useful Post:
Stargaze07 (10-05-2015)