Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Default Transferring Probation

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone knows about transferring probation from one county to another and would there be any reason you wouldn't be able to?

My son is still incarcerated but I am moving from Milwaukee to Washington County. I know this is something he's very worried about as we've discussed it in letters although at the time it would have been a different county.

I have a call into his PO but she hasn't bothered to call me back yet. I just want to be able to reassure him in my next letter that all is good. I am thinking along the lines that as long as he has a family member that can and is willing to let him come home, it shouldn't be an issue. Also we will be moving to a more rural area and away from all of his "friends," which would be the best possible thing.

He's really matured over the last several months and I am very impressed by the things he's writing as far as his plans and priorities upon release.

LOL anyway, I am getting totally off topic. Just wanted some input on the subject.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Default probation

jackies8117 ~ my son recently was released and is on probation. His PO allows him to travel to ONLY surrounding counties without prior permission. So, if Washington County borders Milwaukee, should be no problem. Normally you can ask for a transfer from one county to another. He would then have a new PO. It usually takes 30 days for a transfer to be completed. Hope this helps.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie'smom View Post
jackies8117 ~ my son recently was released and is on probation. His PO allows him to travel to ONLY surrounding counties without prior permission. So, if Washington County borders Milwaukee, should be no problem. Normally you can ask for a transfer from one county to another. He would then have a new PO. It usually takes 30 days for a transfer to be completed. Hope this helps.

Yes it does, thank you! Since he's still in and we have a lot longer than 30 days to get it done, all should be well. The plan is for him to live with me until he's off papers. Just waiting for a response back from him to be doubly sure he's okay with this too.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Mrs. Rose

Don't expect a call ever from his PO I tried contacting my hubbys PO for the same reason that was 4 mo ago. If ur son has a lawyer have it go threw the lawyer. I am in az and Jake is in Chippewa we know the procedure. It can take up to 4weeks for a tranfer to go threw. Ur son needs to request the paper work with his Po they will contact u making sure ur ok with it.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:18 AM

Thanks so much! I don't have time to play these games ugh. I am just finishing a letter to Mike, so I will add that in before it goes out. I have no clue if he has an attorney now or not as his case was in Dane County and he's moved so many times in the last year. What a pain in the butt!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM

My bf is in Dane County Jail right now and his PO is allowing transfer across state lines when he gets out - as long as his fines/fees are all paid and he has a place to live, job etc. They also know we plan to marry so I guess that made a difference too?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:43 PM

It is possible to reach the PO's, you just have to keep calling them. My husband's PO was very reachable, I just had to keep calling. He is a major d*ck tho which is why Im here! They move VERY slow in this office!!!