Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 03:42 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcnkc

Your loved one should be able to tell you.
Thanks he's said about a year. We shall wait and see. : )
Old 03-13-2012, 03:59 PM

Default Signing up for calls??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
I have no idea the answers to any of those questions. : ). He said today that they are being allowed to sign up on certain days at 9am for a call if there are slots left after everyone with jobs has already signed up. So maybe it's just the new yard and confusion. Or maybe it's some rule. Frustrating though.

Did he just get out of reception? Is he on some kind of status? I don't quite get the whole status thing yet. My son is in for about 1yr and some change so does this apply to him? As I said before I recall he did not have any restrictions the last time ... hmmm ... I guess I have some time to find it all out after I read how long some are in reception.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal729

Did he just get out of reception? Is he on some kind of status? I don't quite get the whole status thing yet. My son is in for about 1yr and some change so does this apply to him? As I said before I recall he did not have any restrictions the last time ... hmmm ... I guess I have some time to find it all out after I read how long some are in reception.
It may not apply to your son. My guy is in for a longer time and that I think is part of the status. I don't quite get it yet but I do get that we will wait and see. We waited for visit approval for 3 months and for contact visits for a year and so this is just the next step. (trying to be positive and cheerful) : )
Old 04-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Anyone ever had global telink block there account because a non account owner made a payment through auto pay. I had the account owner call to unblock it and they said they unblocked it. yet it's been 3 days and still my husband hadn't been able to call... Frustrating but Im just curious how many times does the account owner need to.call before they unblock it? They said it was unblocked I'm confused any info.appreciated thanks!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:25 PM

Hi everyone, I talked with my husband today after 5 days of no calls and he said that on his yard they haven't been running dayroom normally due to staff shortages. Not sure if it's the same for all but I thought I would share. He is on C yard. When they get it too many are signed up & not all get to call.
sunniegurl07 (04-16-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's my heart
Hi everyone, I talked with my husband today after 5 days of no calls and he said that on his yard they haven't been running dayroom normally due to staff shortages. Not sure if it's the same for all but I thought I would share. He is on C yard. When they get it too many are signed up & not all get to call.
Mine has gotten to call once but he's mentioned no yard or day room dye to staff shortages.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's my heart View Post
This will be the case this week too. No morning dayroom and they will get to call if they are signed up and there is enough staff to run phone calls.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:24 PM

Thanks. He wasn't sure when he would call again. So looking forward to visiting this weekend!
mlcnkc (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Mine also said the same thing (shortage of staff), and he said that it would last this week. He's on C yard. But he is able to use the phone everyday, but I think it's because of his job.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Account Closed

We've all got guys on C-yard it seems! Mine said the same this morning. I hate when the phone calls are irregular but what can ya do.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 PM

Mine wrote and said he couldn't call Monday or Tuesday because of tb testing.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:

This will be the case this week too. No morning dayroom and they will get to call if they are signed up and there is enough staff to run phone calls.
Is that C or all yards?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Is that C or all yards?
Usually they try and do the whole prison at the same time. So it may last a couple of days.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:

Usually they try and do the whole prison at the same time. So it may last a couple of days.
Figured. No call today but I know it's not because he didn't want to, it's just that it wasn't meant to today. : ) always tomorrow....
Old 04-19-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Figured. No call today but I know it's not because he didn't want to, it's just that it wasn't meant to today. : ) always tomorrow....
Crossing my fingers for you.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:

Crossing my fingers for you.
Thanks. Me too but I'm good as well.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:20 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the calls not coming through? The recording played and he said his name...all normal and I pushed 5, nothing, tried it again, still nothing then i started saying 5 and yelling 5 ... the recording just kept talking.....so dissappointing.... He tried his mom, same thing happened to her!!! He can't call her that often...very sad for her, for both of them...
Old 05-14-2012, 06:44 AM

no calls from bldg 11 yard 3 last week cus of computer problems, calls to be restore this week either today or tommorrow = )
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
Jl'slady (05-14-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,022 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jl'slady View Post
Is anyone else having problems with the calls not coming through? The recording played and he said his name...all normal and I pushed 5, nothing, tried it again, still nothing then i started saying 5 and yelling 5 ... the recording just kept talking.....so dissappointing.... He tried his mom, same thing happened to her!!! He can't call her that often...very sad for her, for both of them...
I have noticed that when I press 5 before the guy finishes his sentence, that same thing happens to me. If I am patient and wait I don't have a problem. Not sure if that is what is going on with you, but it might be worth a try.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLINUS View Post
I have noticed that when I press 5 before the guy finishes his sentence, that same thing happens to me. If I am patient and wait I don't have a problem. Not sure if that is what is going on with you, but it might be worth a try.
Thanks! I'll try to be more patient next time
Old 05-14-2012, 01:02 PM

I've tried saying 5 but he's still talking and nothing happens so I just type it.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jl'slady View Post
yes that has happened to us one time last week he said it told him yhere was no answer.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 AM

still no call from blg 11 yard 3 pose to get one wednesday, hopefully the computer is reconnected to the phones by then.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:08 PM

Default GTL new info

My husband keeps getting a message that my number is blocked, but if he keeps trying it finally goes through. It's very frustrating since I put $$$ on every month and more often if necessary.
I was looking through the GTL site and noticed they posted some new rate info. I think this is just temporary per their site until the new contract goes into effect. I don't know if any one has gotten their bill but take a look at the new surcharges.

Global Tel*Link Corporation California Price List No. 1
Jeffrey B. Haidinger, President 3rd Revised Sheet 20.1
12021 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 100 Cancels 2nd Revised Sheet 20.1
Reston, VA 20190
Issued: May 14, 2012 Effective: May 14, 2012
SECTION 1 - DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES AND RATES, (CONT’D.)
1.8 Miscellaneous Rates and Charges, (Cont’d.)
1.8.3 Regulatory and Carrier Cost Recovery Fee
In addition to charges for service, the Company reserves the right to impose a Regulatory and Carrier Cost Recovery Fee as a flat fee once per month or as a percentage of an intrastate call, depending on the manner in which a customer is billed for charges, in order to partially recover expenses incurred with regard to operating as a regulated entity within the state. Costs include, but are not limited to, such items as expenses associated with billing, collecting and remitting state USF as applicable, complying with mandatory state filings and reporting obligations, state regulatory fees, expenses for state regulatory proceedings and compliance, portions of local and state property taxes associated with the intrastate calling other non-income-tax related tax costs associated with intrastate calling and compensating other carriers for terminating calls within the state using their facilities. This fee may vary as a result of fluctuations in the cost of regulatory compliance, but shall not exceed the amounts shown below.
A. Regulatory and Carrier Cost Recovery Fee
Collect calls billed to local exchange carrier or billed directly to Company:
Per Month:
$1.99

Prepaid and debit calls:
Per Call:
Up to 8%
1.8.4 Validation Surcharge
A four percent (4%) per-call surcharge will be applied to the base rate of all calls. The base rate of a call is set forth on preceding pages, and does not include any applicable taxes, fees, or other surcharges that may apply to the call. The Validation Surcharge is applied to recover revenue lost due to the difficulty of rating calls and the cost of verifying the geographic location of the called party for security purposes pursuant to Correctional Institution contracts..
1.9 Contracts
Service is offered on a contractual basis to meet specialized requirements of correctional facilities. The terms of each contract shall be mutually agreed upon between the facility and the Company and may include rates not contained in this tariff, charges for specially designed non-telecommunications constructed services, or other customized features.
Make your place in the mystery and think hard on those around you.What holds people together is a pain that has no wound. All your love grows from this pain. All that understand this are wiser than good or evil. Do secret good.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligatorz
My husband keeps getting a message that my number is blocked, but if he keeps trying it finally goes through. It's very frustrating since I put $$$ on every month and more often if necessary.
I was looking through the GTL site and noticed they posted some new rate info. I think this is just temporary per their site until the new contract goes into effect. I don't know if any one has gotten their bill but take a look at the new surcharges.

Global Tel*Link Corporation California Price List No. 1
Jeffrey B. Haidinger, President 3rd Revised Sheet 20.1
12021 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 100 Cancels 2nd Revised Sheet 20.1
Reston, VA 20190
Issued: May 14, 2012 Effective: May 14, 2012
SECTION 1 - DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES AND RATES, (CONT’D.)
1.8 Miscellaneous Rates and Charges, (Cont’d.)
1.8.3 Regulatory and Carrier Cost Recovery Fee
In addition to charges for service, the Company reserves the right to impose a Regulatory and Carrier Cost Recovery Fee as a flat fee once per month or as a percentage of an intrastate call, depending on the manner in which a customer is billed for charges, in order to partially recover expenses incurred with regard to operating as a regulated entity within the state. Costs include, but are not limited to, such items as expenses associated with billing, collecting and remitting state USF as applicable, complying with mandatory state filings and reporting obligations, state regulatory fees, expenses for state regulatory proceedings and compliance, portions of local and state property taxes associated with the intrastate calling other non-income-tax related tax costs associated with intrastate calling and compensating other carriers for terminating calls within the state using their facilities. This fee may vary as a result of fluctuations in the cost of regulatory compliance, but shall not exceed the amounts shown below.
A. Regulatory and Carrier Cost Recovery Fee
Collect calls billed to local exchange carrier or billed directly to Company:
Per Month:
$1.99
Prepaid and debit calls:
Per Call:
Up to 8%
1.8.4 Validation Surcharge
A four percent (4%) per-call surcharge will be applied to the base rate of all calls. The base rate of a call is set forth on preceding pages, and does not include any applicable taxes, fees, or other surcharges that may apply to the call. The Validation Surcharge is applied to recover revenue lost due to the difficulty of rating calls and the cost of verifying the geographic location of the called party for security purposes pursuant to Correctional Institution contracts..
1.9 Contracts
Service is offered on a contractual basis to meet specialized requirements of correctional facilities. The terms of each contract shall be mutually agreed upon between the facility and the Company and may include rates not contained in this tariff, charges for specially designed non-telecommunications constructed services, or other customized features.
So it won't be 1.45 any more? Per call?