Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Calipatria State Prison (CAL) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calipatria State Prison (CAL) - California Topic and discussion specific to Calipatria State Prison in Calipatria, CA.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebeek1
I was there when these earthquakes hit pretty scary but the COs and inmates acted like it was normal...lol apparently only the visitors got scared....but honestly it was a lil scary they were pretty strong I was visiting B yard and it sounded as if the ceiling was going to fall on us =/
I was at B yard too, you could actually see little pieces of the ceiling falling dwn lol...
Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dei View Post
I was at B yard too, you could actually see little pieces of the ceiling falling dwn lol...
lol... yes you could I kept looking at the ceiling ... hahaha my baby bro was like its okay nothing will happen....
Old 09-11-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebeek1

lol... yes you could I kept looking at the ceiling ... hahaha my baby bro was like its okay nothing will happen....
Nobody looked scared besides the visitors haha... My dad was out in the front office waiting for me and he said the c/o's looked like they were having too much fun smh lol
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Banned

Default Two drug-smugglers intercepted at prison

CALIPATRIA - Calipatria State Prison staff stopped two visitors from trying to bring drugs into the prison this weekend, according to a Calipatria Prison official.

http://www.ivpressonline.com/news/iv...,4847964.story

I say nothing.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:53 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

Ok I'm playing the devils advocate here..........

They said cell phones are not permitted on the state grounds not a cell watch. How would they know it was a cell watch? Also she had no contrabnd on her. Unless they have a warrant they had no business searching her at best they could refuse her visits for the day. Am I right God's grace????
Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post
Ok I'm playing the devils advocate here..........

They said cell phones are not permitted on the state grounds not a cell watch. How would they know it was a cell watch? Also she had no contrabnd on her. Unless they have a warrant they had no business searching her at best they could refuse her visits for the day. Am I right God's grace????
Lol....THANK YOU, My Sister! You are correct!...However she consented. When they denied her visit for the cell phone watch, that should have been it. She could have come back the following day.

The other thing is with the other girl...notice the article says they found "proof" that the inmate requested her to bring the drugs, so he is charged with conspiracy. IN OTHER WORDS when they searched her car they found her cell phone and text messages between the two. How much you wanna bet? Note to women whose hubby's have phones: erase the messages B4 you head into the prison, and don't list him as "hubby boo" in your contacts!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:34 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right!! Yes you are so correct!!! I feel bad that these ladies got caught up like that wow....... Thank you for explanation momma!!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right!! Yes you are so correct!!! I feel bad that these ladies got caught up like that wow....... Thank you for explanation momma!!
I know right. One of them I recognize as a regular.

NEVER do you "consent' to a search...not at the prison or anywhere else! I don't trust them not to plant something! If they want to search, they need a warrant or probable cause.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:52 PM
17 Yrs"Thru Thick & Thin"

@ pj...

LMAO...even though I'm no longer here,Calipat's news tends to catch my attention...Calipat stays NEWS...Kinda like searching the classified ads...
"Lets see who got a MUG SHOT over the weekend." LMAO...

I kinda miss Duarte giving me that Sexy,Stank mean eye look ...I know he wanted me ,Big Boy too ...
Proverbs 18:22
"He who finds a WIFE, finds a GOOD THING."

"I'm His GOOD THING" "GOD said it!" and "He KNOWS it" ....
Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Grace View Post
I know right. One of them I recognize as a regular.

NEVER do you "consent' to a search...not at the prison or anywhere else! I don't trust them not to plant something! If they want to search, they need a warrant or probable cause.
You know what momma alot family members dont know that they have a choice not consent. They have to have proable cause to search you. Not a hunch. If they have no proable cause and you refuse then at best no visiting for that day. The fact the she volunteered one would think that she had nothing to hide or she wasnt afraid. She had 7 grams that's less then 28.5 grams which is at best a misdeamenor ($100). But dont let me break it down I'm just saying families who have love ones in the cali state prison really need to review the title 15 and know their rights.
TASTEtheREDBONE (10-01-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4L View Post
@ pj...

LMAO...even though I'm no longer here,Calipat's news tends to catch my attention...Calipat stays NEWS...Kinda like searching the classified ads...
"Lets see who got a MUG SHOT over the weekend." LMAO...

I kinda miss Duarte giving me that Sexy,Stank mean eye look ...I know he wanted me ,Big Boy too ...

Lol!!! They really know how to embarass the crap out you!! Mugshot and all!!! SMH
Old 10-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Til death do us part! <3

how long does it take for a warrant? i always say yes bcuz im clean bt once i askd wat if i don't consent and they said they.would just get a warrant and search anyway, what are some probable causes?

Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

If they suspect that u may try to introduce contraband or a cellphone they can request to search.if someone is droppin kites sayin that your man is planning to bring something in thats a reasin to search. However u can say no but they will refuse your visit for the day.
TASTEtheREDBONE (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

If they suspect that u may try to introduce contraband or a cellphone they can request to search.if someone is droppin kites sayin that your man is planning to bring something in thats a reasin to search. However u can say no but they will refuse your visit for the day.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM
17 Yrs"Thru Thick & Thin"

Quote:
But whether or not you refuse to be searched,that doesn't stop ISU from messin with your man if they wish to do so due to hearsay...People have lied on me & mine here @ Calipat & up North..I agreed to be searched and even though they didn't find ANYTHING at all whatsoever,that didn't stop them from sticking my husband in the Hole ...Up North,they had him on Potty watch for like 3 wks and I constantly kept calling buggin..They finally let him out when I got a hold to the Asst.Warden and started going off..I was like,"DAMN,how long are they going to be searching through his "Ish" till they realize he DOES NOT have anything in him but "Ish"!!! They let him out that day..So he sat in the Hole for 3 wks behind someone's lies..
But my point is...SEARCH WARRANT or NOT,that doesn't stop ISU from doing what they feel to our loved ones...They can stick them in the Hole and leave them in there for 30,60,90 days or how ever long they wish,and the prison officials just go right along with the bs ISU feeds them as to reason for keeping them in the Hole...We as fam can constantly call up to the prison and make an uproar til they finally release our loved one from the Hole,but what about the inmates who don't have anyone out here and are sitting in the Hole for NO valid reason? There are MANY GUYS over there @ Calipat who are sitting in the Hole for NO VALID REASON..Some have been back there for along time,like over a year,even a few yrs...Some have even got there visits taken for bogus reasons...A NEWS CREW even went up there to Ad Seg earlier this year or around the end of last year..Has that helped any??? Me & mine are NO LONGER there,but my BRO is,so I am still concerned as too what goes on up there...

Let me back up...I'm going off topic...

BTW...In my POST ABOVE where I commented about,"missing DUARTE's sexy stank eye look"...That was meant as a JOKE,"Hee Hee,Haw Haw"...Anyone knowing who Duarte is,knows that he tends to give this reallly MEAN Stank Eye Look...
Proverbs 18:22
"He who finds a WIFE, finds a GOOD THING."

"I'm His GOOD THING" "GOD said it!" and "He KNOWS it" ....

Last edited by S4L; 10-01-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Til death do us part! <3

i don't know duarte..

but im still like? so if you refuse they suppose to let you go evn if they have prob cause?? bcuz they told me all they was gon do was get a warrant n search me anyway..so i let them and went back to my visit, but if i woulda known, i woulda just let tha visit bin cancelled

Old 10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

If they threaten to get a warrant they may have been watching you for a minute or again someone is dropin kites that your man is tryin to bring something in. Did u ask what was the proable cause? duarte was part of the squad i dont know his current position because he was being investigated last year.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:41 AM

Idk if this question belongs here but Prop 36 passed. My question is if my LO was convicted of second degree murder and sentenced to 26-life on his third strike for DUI could it help him?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,280 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dei View Post
Idk if this question belongs here but Prop 36 passed. My question is if my LO was convicted of second degree murder and sentenced to 26-life on his third strike for DUI could it help him?
courtesy of Imani.

The measure revises the Three Strikes Law to impose a life sentence only under two circumstances -- when the new felony conviction is "serious or violent,'' or for a minor felony crime if the perpetrator is a murderer, rapist or child molester. Under the existing Three Strikes Law, only California, out of 24 states with similar laws, allows the third strike to be any felony.

As a result, offenders who have committed such relatively minor third strikes as stealing a pair of socks, attempting to break into a soup kitchen for food, or forging a check for $146 at Nordstrom have been sentenced to life in prison.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...-early-returns
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 PM

How's this for outrageous, I've read that some places, they can state "refusal to consent to search" as a reason to search! WTF? wow, there's justice for ya. they do what they want when they want. Last year I was searched after I denied consent TWO times, I had my fourth amendment rights and everything, so, "inalienable" does not mean what it used to. My civil liberties were totally disregarded!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Default Cal News...

Hi,
I was wondering where can I get news on Calipatria Prison, normally I read your your posts but it says your banned so now I'm out of the loop.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

Any one can get news about calipatria state prison. For the latest news which 9 times out of 10 its regarding someone getting busted with contraband you can find it here www.ivpressonline.com
Old 11-28-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320and513
How's this for outrageous, I've read that some places, they can state "refusal to consent to search" as a reason to search! WTF? wow, there's justice for ya. they do what they want when they want. Last year I was searched after I denied consent TWO times, I had my fourth amendment rights and everything, so, "inalienable" does not mean what it used to. My civil liberties were totally disregarded!
Just curious, when you denied was it at processing? And did you just leave? We're you suspended for declining? If you did come back another day did you get in or were asked to search again? Yea it makes no sense cause the title 15 says you can deny a search and visit on another day.. But it also states that try can request to search you Every time you visit if the "believe" something is going on! Their house their rules.. Blah!!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASTEtheREDBONE
i don't know duarte..

but im still like? so if you refuse they suppose to let you go evn if they have prob cause?? bcuz they told me all they was gon do was get a warrant n search me anyway..so i let them and went back to my visit, but if i woulda known, i woulda just let tha visit bin cancelled

Wow they straight blast people at Calipat!! That's all bad and definitely not worth trying to break any rules!! Yes you can still deny a search if they have probable cause and you can leave BUT since they have probable cause they're gonna say now your "under investigation" and could suspend you up to 6 months for declining! They have the right to search you Everytime if they believe something is going on! Now if your already in visiting and they caught you in the act of doing something, they have all rights to search you!! So yea you coulda left that day, but not likely they woulda f'd up your visits.. Just case they can.. Smh!!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

Default Inmates riot at Calipatria State Prison

Inmates involved in a riot Saturday at Calipatria State Prison are on lockdown while authorities investigate the incident, said a prison official. more here