Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 01:28 PM
missing you

I'm wondering if anyone has an appt they are not going to use Sunday? I'm able to go tomorrow but I don't have an appt. I know sometimes people's plans change. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Hold On We're Coming Home

Hey ladies! Soo from reading the thread I had a few questions... A visitor CAN get a visit all day as long as they have an early appointment right? Appointments have to b made by VPASS correct? We may be transferring here, I wanted to get the based covered to know what to expect! Thanks all for the replies!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM

Does anyone ride the Metro from Union Station (Downtown LA) then catch a bus to the prison? I really need info as the train may be the only option or maybe do they have a Friends Outside that picks up from the metro dropoff. I may even check the carpool thread to see if people would be kind enough to pickup from there any info is appreciated
Old 04-20-2013, 04:55 PM

Does anybody have someone in B yard southerners were they on lockdown yesterday evening were they cell fed
Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 PM

By any chance does anyone know the extension number for visiting
Old 06-04-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandever View Post
Does anybody have someone in B yard southerners were they on lockdown yesterday evening were they cell fed
They have been on lockdown and I know that for sure but not about the food thing
Old 06-09-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebritengold
They have been on lockdown and I know that for sure but not about the food thing
is there visits for n yard
Old 06-09-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandever

is there visits for n yard
b yrd i meant wrong spelling
Old 06-09-2013, 09:24 PM

Hello ladies I was wondering what is the way I can find out to see if I'm able to visit my babe. He was transferred from San Quentin like a year ago and I wanted to know if visiting form will follow him wherever he goes. I'm trying to visit him soon, but I want to make sure first before I go down there you know. Need contact info. also Thanks!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Lily

Hi. From my experience the form does not follow the fella. Have him send you a new application, you know how it goes and as for the contact info, Lancaster is a strange maze.

Best,

Lily

Last edited by Lilypad; 06-10-2013 at 06:50 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
Hi. From my experience the form does not follow the fella. Have him send you a new application, you know how it goes and as for the contact info, Lancaster is a strange maze.

Best,

Lily
Are you sure because I've talked to my babe and he told me that I was already on his visiting list? Is there a contact number that I can talk to somebody regarding this?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:34 PM

Their visiting form follows them but they have to be renewed every 2 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to calicat25 For This Useful Post:
Bobbie_Wifey (06-14-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicat25 View Post
Their visiting form follows them but they have to be renewed every 2 years.
Oh okay thanks. It been a year now so I'm going to have to renew one next year.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie_Wifey

Are you sure because I've talked to my babe and he told me that I was already on his visiting list? Is there a contact number that I can talk to somebody regarding this?
my followed i came from calipatria just it not pass 2 yrs you would have uptate or do all over.
The Following User Says Thank You to foreverandever For This Useful Post:
Bobbie_Wifey (06-14-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 11:27 AM

Default Early Visiting Appointment Question

Hi, does anyone know how to get an earlier visit appointment? I have been scheduling appointments online through vpass but they always seem to only have 1:30 pm available, and by the time they call him out, I don't usually see him til 2pm-3. I want to get an earlier visit so I can have more time with him. Does anybody know how to do that? If I walked in instead of making an appointment would that be better?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:08 PM
CaSH4EVER

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishale View Post
Hi, does anyone know how to get an earlier visit appointment? I have been scheduling appointments online through vpass but they always seem to only have 1:30 pm available, and by the time they call him out, I don't usually see him til 2pm-3. I want to get an earlier visit so I can have more time with him. Does anybody know how to do that? If I walked in instead of making an appointment would that be better?
I don't visit there but where I go if you walk in you'll be seen after the people with appts for the time you walked in. So I would say yes walk in or call the visiting line and find out when they release their appts and log on as soon as they release them. I Always have the earliest appt and the first in line when I go visit my fiancé.

Last edited by mskeith; 07-01-2013 at 12:10 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mskeith For This Useful Post:
Kishale (07-02-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 03:18 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskeith View Post
I don't visit there but where I go if you walk in you'll be seen after the people with appts for the time you walked in. So I would say yes walk in or call the visiting line and find out when they release their appts and log on as soon as they release them. I Always have the earliest appt and the first in line when I go visit my fiancé.
I don't visit where you are but I am very proficient with VPASs. If you want to get an early appointment you must be logged in 5 to 10 minutes before they open up appointments. Do not refresh the screen but bounce around VPASs at 1 minute after the hour the new appointment dates will come up click on it and begin the search. This is the only thing I have found that works. Also people frequently cancel visits at the last minute. Check frequently and especially late Friday or Saturday evening.
The Following User Says Thank You to krc1abc1 For This Useful Post:
Kishale (07-02-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I don't visit LAC anymore - he transferred but I had to log on the VPASS right at 7:00am on Mondays to get the early appt. Walk in appt wouldn't get you in any earlier. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to calicat25 For This Useful Post:
Kishale (07-02-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Teenage LOVE Turned Solid

Question Early Visiting Appt.

Quote:
You must long onto VPASS before 7AM. The appt. slots become available about 7:01AM give or take a few seconds. You can also do a walk-in. Visitors begin lining up outside the prison as early as 4:30AM. The car line begins to move at 6:30AM. You'll be given a pass with a number on it. They process non-appts. in grouos of 10 visitors every 30 minutes or so. Non-appts. begin bring processed about 9AM. Hope this helps!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 AM

I haven't notified of my approval status at Lancaster but I've visited at Chino before and have no criminal history. I've never had any moving violation traffic tickets, and for some reason I thought those were the only tickets that affect visiting approval. Just recently I have had some overdue parking tickets, do these affect visiting I was always under the impression that parking tickets didnt, thanks
Old 07-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Teenage LOVE Turned Solid

Wink Normal Visiting For July 4, 6, & 7th All Yards

Hello boobsgirl,

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation VPASS System has changed your preferred facility message. Your preferred facility is California State Prison Los Angeles..

New Message:

For July 4, 2013 and the weekend of Sat 07/06/2013 and Sun 07/07/2013, LAC will be on a normal visiting program.

Thank you,

The CDCR VPASS Team
Old 07-14-2013, 04:15 PM

So I am hoping to visit the 27 of this month this will be my first time. If I'm able to get an appt do I wait In the car line? Can I wear khakis capris? What about white?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:21 PM

No car line but if you don't have an appt you need to go early to get a number. I used to wear white capris when he was there. Not sure about Khackis.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Inmate Family Council

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeautiful111 View Post
So I am hoping to visit the 27 of this month this will be my first time. If I'm able to get an appt do I wait In the car line? Can I wear khakis capris? What about white?
No white T-shirts. No dark green pants. Khaki color may be a risk. remember that although there are some rules that are followed to the letter, much is also left to "the discretion of the officer". Because of this prison policy, the same outfit may go in without problem one day, and be refused the next (because you are now looked at by another C.O)

Therefore it is my advice to "play it safe" by avoiding risky colors, skirt length or necklines. And to ALWAYS bring a very safe change of clothes with you and leave it in your car as a backup, just in case.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Inmate Family Council

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebritengold View Post
I haven't notified of my approval status at Lancaster but I've visited at Chino before and have no criminal history. I've never had any moving violation traffic tickets, and for some reason I thought those were the only tickets that affect visiting approval. Just recently I have had some overdue parking tickets, do these affect visiting I was always under the impression that parking tickets didnt, thanks
I don't believe parking tickets would cause you to be denied, but curious to find out. Did you get approved? Can you update us as to the outcome of your visitor application?
Closed Thread