Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:46 PM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

On my last visit...the CO's were very strick with the jewerly. This is the 1st time in a year of me going that it was brought to my attention. He gave me a paper highlighted with the new rules of what we can wear. Sadden by this, because I love to match my jewerly with my clothing.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitalymix View Post
On my last visit...the CO's were very strick with the jewerly. This is the 1st time in a year of me going that it was brought to my attention. He gave me a paper highlighted with the new rules of what we can wear. Sadden by this, because I love to match my jewerly with my clothing.
I know it sucks. I have been wearing my charm necklace to visiting for 8 years and now I can no longer wear it...
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games1 View Post
So if we go visit we don't need an appointment or anything just show up and that's all??
As long as your man is off orientation, etc and is eligible for contact visits, then no appointment is needed.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Really
I called and the said most piercing go thru , and it's not like I can take it off then n there
In the last couple of weeks they have posted new rules. No body piercings. One pair of earrings only.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Any advice on what to wear ? Can I wear black skinny jeans?
If by skinny jeans you mean jeans that are tight all the way down to your ankles- NO. They will make you change. Recently, things are much stricter. You can wear regular black jeans, (by regular I mean not skin tight- they seem to be okay as long as the jeans are not skin tight from the ankles on up) no see through tops- or tops that are too tight. No leggings. They will check to see if your skity is see through, critique the length. You name it.

I think they bet on how many people they can make change every day...LOL
Old 03-15-2013, 07:40 AM

i was informed by my husband last nite that the mailing address has changed for donovan, he told me its no longer the PO BOX numbers but the 480 ALTA ROAD SAN DIEGO CA 92179. he is in c yard do not know if only that yard or the whole prison = )

goin this weekend, lets see what changes in the processing this week jijijiji
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
comehomesoon (03-15-2013), janicesg (03-15-2013)
Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 AM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Well heck. I will check the mail I get and see what the return is listed as. That could explain why mail has taken more than a week to reach him now.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
i was informed by my husband last nite that the mailing address has changed for donovan, he told me its no longer the PO BOX numbers but the 480 ALTA ROAD SAN DIEGO CA 92179. he is in c yard do not know if only that yard or the whole prison = )

goin this weekend, lets see what changes in the processing this week jijijiji
My husband told me the same thing last night. New mailing address listed above is for all inmates is what he was told. He is on D yard.

Goth- How are you? Weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. I hope the patio is open.... It is so loud and crowded when it is closed. Did your hubby move to a new building?
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 05:46 PM

I heard today that they are talking about doing appointments for regular contact visits. Any news on this?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:18 AM

weather was great this weekend wasn't it? new co in podium and co in visiting were pleasant for a change in D room we are in same bldg.

processing was normal no big delays, weather was nice and cool and sunny. no special on saturday. drive to donovan from lax was smooth same goin home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
My husband told me the same thing last night. New mailing address listed above is for all inmates is what he was told. He is on D yard.

Goth- How are you? Weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. I hope the patio is open.... It is so loud and crowded when it is closed. Did your hubby move to a new building?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:42 AM

we have a new photo ducat machine in processing, lets hope it works well, so far all good = )
Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 PM

I noticed by Sunday the photo tokens were gone. Hopefully they refill it before next time.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:44 AM

drive to donovan from L.A was smooth on the 5 and the 805 fwy saturday, processing was busy but done on a timely matter. special for the day a yummy bacon cheesburger = ) weather was sunny and pleasant out in the patio. drive back to lax was smooth also. had to play the time game for sho = )
Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM

Very crowded Sunday. Still no photo tokens.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 PM

saturday we had photo ducats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
Very crowded Sunday. Still no photo tokens.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 PM

That's good to know they replace them even if they are gone by Sunday. It's been months since I've seen a token.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:52 AM

busy easter weekend i expect saturday to be real busy chicas so plan well.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
busy easter weekend i expect saturday to be real busy chicas so plan well.

Gothica:

Tell Marco Happy Easter from Matthew and I... Tell him we are missing him dearly...

love ya both

B
The Following User Says Thank You to Just me Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM

aaaaw thank you chica miss you too happy easter to you and to all the chicas in here = ) we miss ya too
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 AM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

No photo tokens on the 30th....It would be nice to see 2 machines in there

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 AM

there were photo coins on saturday the 30th when i got to processing at 9am but half an hour later there were none, i think they did not refill machine that week, they should especially on holiday weekends

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitalymix View Post
No photo tokens on the 30th....It would be nice to see 2 machines in there
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02 AM

saturday processing was ok, but lots of peeps that only come for the holidays, as soon as i pulled up to the parking lot i could see it. in yard d there were terminations my hubby came out at 1130am i was term by 1pm. no one waiting for a table room did not seem full and no one waiting to be process. The co told us it was because there were alot fo out of towners, which is ok, but if the room did not seem full then why terminated? patio was practically empty. I questioned a processing co and i was told that he had to had a reason to terminated, well it was not obivious to me.

I know ira did not like fact that i ordered food and was not there to pick it up jijiji, but oh well.

weather was sunny and cool, drive to donovan smooth, DRIVE BACK TO LAX, HELLISHHHHHHHHHHHHH it took me 3 1/2 hours to get back when the max is 2 1/2 lots of easter travelers i guess = (

Last edited by gothika22; 04-01-2013 at 09:03 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika
saturday processing was ok, but lots of peeps that only come for the holidays, as soon as i pulled up to the parking lot i could see it. in yard d there were terminations my hubby came out at 1130am i was term by 1pm. no one waiting for a table room did not seem full and no one waiting to be process. The co told us it was because there were alot fo out of towners, which is ok, but if the room did not seem full then why terminated? patio was practically empty. I questioned a processing co and i was told that he had to had a reason to terminated, well it was not obivious to me.

I know ira did not like fact that i ordered food and was not there to pick it up jijiji, but oh well.

weather was sunny and cool, drive to donovan smooth, DRIVE BACK TO LAX, HELLISHHHHHHHHHHHHH it took me 3 1/2 hours to get back when the max is 2 1/2 lots of easter travelers i guess = (
I wonder if they terminate (when it doesn't look full) because they can see that people have checked in and they know how many are coming. I've seen our room co do stuff like that based on what he sees on the computer. He consolidates tables before the next group of people get there.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 AM

no one was in processing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
I wonder if they terminate (when it doesn't look full) because they can see that people have checked in and they know how many are coming. I've seen our room co do stuff like that based on what he sees on the computer. He consolidates tables before the next group of people get there.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Mrs. Rivera

That was happening also at our visiting room, and it didn't seem like the CO had to terminate visits, but it did happen, at the end there was even empty tables. I have a question if anyone knows the answer. In the visiting room can a CO terminate a visit if she/He has a problem with a blouse that one is wearing but didn't have a problem at process? Thanks